Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18

Psych

Starter

#75 : February 18, 2013, 06:27:50 PM

Man, he's one of the last people I would've guessed

Dumb move. I'd say I hope he doesn't go to prison, but he deserves to. Smh

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#76 : February 18, 2013, 06:28:13 PM

Even if its the scenario where he bought the gun in NY, tried to check it legally, had a box of ammo, and got arrested on some crazy NY rules - he's still an idiot in my book. I'm a gun owner and support gun rights. But this is just stupid.

Have you ever traveled with a gun? I'm not a gun owner and am curious about how he got it to New York in the first place and whether the laws could be different enough that what he legally did to get it on a flight from Florida to NY would have triggered the arrest in the return trip.

I've never taken my gun out of state. But what it boils down to is each state has different laws. It could have been perfectly legal for him to properly check it in for his flight to NY, but illegal for him to have it in NY.

Personally, I feel that if you are taking a gun out of state, to any state, you better know the laws by which that state goes by. If you don't, it's your own fault. And NY doesn't play around. With all the media surrounding Plax, he should have known. And if he didn't, he should have researched it.

Even if he got busted on some stupid NY law, it's the law and he should have known it.
: February 18, 2013, 06:31:23 PM Bucs N Beers

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#77 : February 18, 2013, 06:31:38 PM

Three separate threads about Bowers being arrested.....but Bowers is the idiot? lolz

Draft Aaron Donald

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#78 : February 18, 2013, 06:34:16 PM

Definitely want to lock up someone who puts people at risk by attempting to have a gun locked away in a bag in the belly of a plane, far from anyone's reach.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#79 : February 18, 2013, 06:36:14 PM

Definitely want to lock up someone who puts people at risk by attempting to have a gun locked away in a bag in the belly of a plane, far from anyone's reach.

When the story coming out is that he had the gun in his bag and told the people when checking his bag.....you have to be pretty dumb to say he deserves to go to jail. Just my opinion of course.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#80 : February 18, 2013, 06:37:04 PM

Was he injured during arrest?

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

gone

Hall of Famer
#81 : February 18, 2013, 06:37:15 PM

He just really doesn't seem like the type of guy to do this.
exactly.

Seems so strange

To do what?  own a gun?  What a thug, engaging in a legal and constitutionally protected act. 

The problem was not being aware of the NY Nazi laws. I don't think that makes him any "type" of person.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#82 : February 18, 2013, 06:37:45 PM

Even if he was trying to check the gun, I don't think it clears him of anything.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#83 : February 18, 2013, 06:38:58 PM

I've never taken my gun out of state. But what it boils down to is each state has different laws. It could have been perfectly legal for him to properly check it in for his flight to NY, but illegal for him to have it in NY.

Personally, I feel that if you are taking a gun out of state, to any state, you better know the laws by which that state goes by. If you don't, it's your own fault. And NY doesn't play around. With all the media surrounding Plax, he should have known. And if he didn't, he should have researched it.

Even if he got busted on some stupid NY law, it's the law and he should have known it.

Thanks for the info. I'd feel better about his judgment if he made the mistake of thinking the laws were the same, even if that doesn't excuse him legally. I'm not bothered by the law violation, but I would be bother by horrible judgment.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#84 : February 18, 2013, 06:39:27 PM

exactly.

Seems so strange

To do what?  own a gun?  What a thug, engaging in a legal and constitutionally protected act. 

The problem was not being aware of the NY Nazi laws. I don't think that makes him any "type" of person.

Take things out of context much?

The story is changing now. These comments were made when it was assumed he was caught trying to take a concealed, loaded weapon on to the plane.

Draft Aaron Donald

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#85 : February 18, 2013, 06:52:58 PM

Was he injured during arrest?

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#86 : February 18, 2013, 06:58:45 PM

I understand its a law and everything, but after everything I'm reading about him telling the police/airport he had it with him, if he goes to jail it would be so harsh. And for those comparing this to Plaxico, just because it's the same "charge", doesnt make it the same. Plaxico freakin shot himself...in a club.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#87 : February 18, 2013, 07:17:09 PM

exactly.

Seems so strange

I thought he was caught sneaking a loaded hand gun onto an airplane.

The story (may have) changed

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#88 : February 18, 2013, 08:10:49 PM

exactly.

Seems so strange

I'm pretty sure that is is ILLEGAL to carry a gun on a plane.  I'm just guessing here but common sense should prevail.  Forget a "hi-jacking"...I'm talking about de-pressurizing the cabin or worse in case of accidental discharge(or just plain stupidity...oops...)

RiotHeart

Starter

#89 : February 18, 2013, 08:47:58 PM

exactly.

Seems so strange

I'm pretty sure that is is ILLEGAL to carry a gun on a plane.  I'm just guessing here but common sense should prevail.  Forget a "hi-jacking"...I'm talking about de-pressurizing the cabin or worse in case of accidental discharge(or just plain stupidity...oops...)
It is for carry on. You can legally check a gun in with your luggage
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools