Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #135 : February 19, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »

The fact that Bowers wasn’t caught with the gun but volunteered to airport employees that he had the weapon in his bag may not matter.  New York has tough gun laws, with a 3.5-year mandatory minimum for second-degree possession.

Un-fackin-real.

Is this guy a criminal? Did he commit a CRIME? No to both (in anyone's lawbook who possesses common damn sense).

Like someone else said, any jail time for this (especially considering he volunteered the info) will be a true travesty. And we, as Americans, should not stand for this. This is clearly a horrendous and unjust flaw in our justice system. Looks to be another example of our government being more involved than it should be.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #136 : February 19, 2013, 10:27:23 AM »

What matters here is how evident it is that DQB was trying to do the right thing.

Unless, one can go to jail for being a dumbass, than this should not waste anytime in the courts.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #137 : February 19, 2013, 10:33:57 AM »

What matters here is how evident it is that DQB was trying to do the right thing.

Unless, one can go to jail for being a dumbass, than this should not waste anytime in the courts.
you're jumping to conclusions before the justice system even has a chance to look at the case - most likely he'll be given a year of probation and a fine.....but can't blame NYers for trying to limit handguns in their city. If you don't like the laws of NYC, don't visit there.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #138 : February 19, 2013, 10:46:08 AM »

you're jumping to conclusions before the justice system even has a chance to look at the case - most likely he'll be given a year of probation and a fine.....but can't blame NYers for trying to limit handguns in their city. If you don't like the laws of NYC, don't visit there.

I'm a glass half fun kind of guy but that glass might be a little too full. NYC is very strict about their guns laws. If he gets the charge dropped or lessened he could get out easy but considering he told the officials he had the gun, I find it unlikely there is any evidence to suggest anything else and lower the charge. I doubt he'll get off easy because he was indeed trying to do the right thing.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

gr8ful87

Practice Squad
« #139 : February 19, 2013, 11:33:22 AM »

Hopefully they will not make an example of him!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #140 : February 19, 2013, 11:36:48 AM »

Why don't sports agents get more involved in the lives of the athletes that they represent?

If I were DQB's agent, I'd have had my secretary or assistant, or even myself, call him on a regular basis and go over a checklist of "do's and don't" for NFL athletes - and remind him.  If he fires me because I'm looking after his best interest, so be it.  This millionaire kids need constant supervision and direction, especialy when they're away from the team.

Anyone who has been in the military and has been in the supervisory role knows exactly what needs to happen.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #141 : February 19, 2013, 12:00:55 PM »

Good series of questions from a queen's lawyer... (and added answers based on what I've read) (JBF)

1) Was the gun legally obtained and registered properly in Bowers’ home state?
Per report - Registered and Legal in home state.

2) Was Bowers attempting to legally check the firearm? Or was he taking it through security improperly?
Per report - Yes, Attempting to legally check it.

3) Was the gun actually loaded or only “statutorily” loaded?
Per report only staturily loaded

4) Does Bowers have a criminal record?
Per report - No.

bottom line = probation and a fine as the most likely scenario/result based a numerous precedents.

Only effect could be him missing some time with the offseason program.

I've yet to meet a perfect person who's never made a mistake.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #142 : February 19, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »

Whatever happens, probably wont see a final court date until after this season anyways.

Draft Aaron Donald

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #143 : February 19, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »

Why don't sports agents get more involved in the lives of the athletes that they represent?

If I were DQB's agent, I'd have had my secretary or assistant, or even myself, call him on a regular basis and go over a checklist of "do's and don't" for NFL athletes - and remind him.  If he fires me because I'm looking after his best interest, so be it.  This millionaire kids need constant supervision and direction, especialy when they're away from the team.

Anyone who has been in the military and has been in the supervisory role knows exactly what needs to happen.

Before I got to the end I was thinking, "This sounds an awful lot like an Army safety briefing." It's probably not a bad idea.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #144 : February 19, 2013, 12:36:45 PM »

@RCummingsTBO: Atty for Bucs DE Da'Quan Bowers tells Tampa Tribune Bowers will be "fully exonerated'' of all charges pending  fair investigation of facts

@RCummingsTBO: Atty. for Bucs DE Da'Quan Bowers tells Tampa Tribune he is confident Bowers will be exonerated of gun charge. http://t.co/dLmy2sQZ
« : February 19, 2013, 12:42:46 PM bucs4eva »

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #145 : February 19, 2013, 12:38:57 PM »

Before I got to the end I was thinking, "This sounds an awful lot like an Army safety briefing." It's probably not a bad idea.

that was exactly what I was thinking -

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #146 : February 19, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »

@HolderStephen: 2 things becoming clear in today's reporting on Bowers: 1) This happens ALL the time in NY airports 2) Queens DA is very reasonable on these

@HolderStephen: I'm told Queens more reasonable than Manhattan DA office, which is where Plaxico was prosecuted

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #147 : February 19, 2013, 12:48:47 PM »

Well either way, hes still a **CENSORED**ing moron for bringing his gun with him.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #148 : February 19, 2013, 12:54:30 PM »

After letting this sink in overnight, I can't help but thinking this guy is just majorly stupid.  What moron FORGETS he has a gun in his carry on.  No, that's not an honest mistake.  That is grossly irresponsible.  No, he should not rot in jail but he shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun LEGALLY anymore in ANY state.  I would like to see that happen at minimum.  He has shown that he cannot be trusted with a weapon.  Do you want this guy around you or your kids with a gun he forgets about WITH AMMO right next to the gun????  How about his own children????

Time for the gun nuts to start realizing not EVERYONE should be allowed to carry. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #149 : February 19, 2013, 12:54:54 PM »

Honest mistake - he's not a moron like Talib and Wright.
  Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools