Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BOWERS BUSTED ON WEAPONS CHARGE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: February 18, 2013, 06:02:34 PM

Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers has been arrested on a concealed weapons charge after being found to have a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag at New York's LaGuardia Airport Monday, this according to multiple reports.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8756

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : February 18, 2013, 06:20:22 PM

Ask any New York criminal defense lawyer from Manhattan or Brooklyn to Queens or Westchester County. There are few charges less forgiving and more aggressively enforced than Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree pursuant to New York Penal Law 265.03 (CPW 2). This crime is ruthless in its application and the potential impact is devastating. The law is very clear. If you are convicted of this offense there is a mandatory minimum sentence of 3.5 year in prison and a maximum term of 15 years in prison. What compounds this matter is that this sentence is applicable for those with no previous record. In fact, even if you have a permit out of state, if you possess that firearm in New York without a permit here (see New York Airport Gun and Criminal Possession of a Weapon), you will still be charged with this offense.

http://www.new-york-lawyers.org/lawyer-attorney-1580412.html

Regarding airport possession =3.5 yrs

http://www.new-york-lawyers.org/lawyer-attorney-1580414.html
: February 18, 2013, 06:24:22 PM Morgan

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 18, 2013, 06:38:36 PM

How 'bout merging all three of the the Bowers threads into one MC?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 18, 2013, 07:04:02 PM

Only one person to blame: that Left Wing fanatic Obama and his anti-2nd Amendment gun restrictions.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 18, 2013, 07:08:35 PM

Morgan, why don't you learn what you're talking about before shooting your mouth off. See Bloomberg and Plaxico Burress, which predates Obama's gun plan by years.

In Verner We Trust

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 18, 2013, 07:16:57 PM

Morgan, why don't you learn what you're talking about before shooting your mouth off. See Bloomberg and Plaxico Burress, which predates Obama's gun plan by years.

anyone that has been on this message board for any amount of time knows that my post was facetious.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 18, 2013, 07:18:13 PM

Uh huh. Irregardless a bad day to be a Bucs fan.

In Verner We Trust

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 18, 2013, 07:36:31 PM

Ask any New York criminal defense lawyer from Manhattan or Brooklyn to Queens or Westchester County. There are few charges less forgiving and more aggressively enforced than Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree pursuant to New York Penal Law 265.03 (CPW 2). This crime is ruthless in its application and the potential impact is devastating. The law is very clear. If you are convicted of this offense there is a mandatory minimum sentence of 3.5 year in prison and a maximum term of 15 years in prison. What compounds this matter is that this sentence is applicable for those with no previous record. In fact, even if you have a permit out of state, if you possess that firearm in New York without a permit here (see New York Airport Gun and Criminal Possession of a Weapon), you will still be charged with this offense.

http://www.new-york-lawyers.org/lawyer-attorney-1580412.html

Regarding airport possession =3.5 yrs

http://www.new-york-lawyers.org/lawyer-attorney-1580414.html

That seems ridiculously strict.... he could have carried a gun into Cuba and been charged with less. lol

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 18, 2013, 07:45:43 PM

Of course it's a joke - and the beliefs of rightwingnuts who compare current gun laws w/ NAZI Germany.

skipper

Rookie

#9 : February 18, 2013, 07:47:09 PM

Only one person to blame: that Left Wing fanatic Obama and his anti-2nd Amendment gun restrictions.
I think Morgan must be joking, he can't be as stupid as Bowers himself.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#10 : February 18, 2013, 08:13:25 PM

Dumb liberal NY laws strike again.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 18, 2013, 08:19:03 PM

Oh to be able to bring a loaded weapon onto an airliner.

How I miss the good old days when you could do that.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 18, 2013, 08:27:23 PM

How about don't try to transport your firearms...anywhere?  Or find out about reciprocity laws in other states...the same people who are going to claim "constitutional" rights are the same ones who have ZERO clue about the founding fathers and them wanting each state to have sovereignty.  Guns are a hot topic right now and you have to be a complete moron to put yourself in any situation where you CAN BE ARRESTED for carrying a weapon.  I already have a problem with the gun nuts wanting to carry concealed in FL.  I certainly do not condone nor will I ever condone carrying weapons at an airport for any reason.  Have your gun shipped via UPS or whatever.  Your rights do not extend anywhere and everywhere.  Carelessness is not an excuse.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 18, 2013, 08:43:40 PM

How about don't try to transport your firearms...anywhere?  Or find out about reciprocity laws in other states...the same people who are going to claim "constitutional" rights are the same ones who have ZERO clue about the founding fathers and them wanting each state to have sovereignty.  Guns are a hot topic right now and you have to be a complete moron to put yourself in any situation where you CAN BE ARRESTED for carrying a weapon.  I already have a problem with the gun nuts wanting to carry concealed in FL.  I certainly do not condone nor will I ever condone carrying weapons at an airport for any reason.  Have your gun shipped via UPS or whatever.  Your rights do not extend anywhere and everywhere.  Carelessness is not an excuse.
I don't disagree that the states reserve that right under the original intent of the constitution .

But I also don't think you deserve to spend 3.5 years in prison , despite having no prior run-ins with the law , for simply making an ignorant mistake.  That law is insanely ridiculous.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 18, 2013, 09:02:46 PM

He won't spend 3.5 years in prison.  I will surprised if he spends anytime in jail but people need to be more careful.  They need to be more educated about their gun(s).
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BOWERS BUSTED ON WEAPONS CHARGE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools