Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers: 1 year in jail minimum if convicted. See attached link. « previous next »
Page: 1

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
« : February 18, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »

UGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.queensdefense.com/guns.htm

« : February 18, 2013, 07:27:44 PM PewterReportMC »

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

« #1 : February 18, 2013, 06:57:05 PM »

He turns 23 on Saturday. If he serves the minimum he will probably be 25 when he plays again. Given how little he has played over his first two years, he would will have some of the freshest 25 year old legs around by then. Whether Schiano keeps him is an entirely different question that we have way too little information to make assumptions about right now.

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
« #2 : February 18, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »

I was wrong.  2nd degree offense.  3 1/2 years minimum if convicted!!

New York Criminal Possession of a Weapon at New York Airports

Far from uncommon, police officers in Queens and other jurisdictions routinely make arrests in New York after a non–resident of New York wrongfully believes he or she can possess a firearm (pistol, revolver, handgun, etc.) in this state. Unfortunately, the harsh reality for these people is that if they possess that loaded firearm in Queens at LaGuardia Airport or JFK Airport and they did not have a license in New York to do so, they will be charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree pursuant to New York Penal Law 265.03 (CPW 2).

New York Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree (NY Penal Law 265.03)

Ask any New York criminal defense lawyer from Manhattan or Brooklyn to Queens or Westchester County. There are few charges less forgiving and more aggressively enforced than Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree pursuant to New York Penal Law 265.03 (CPW 2). This crime is ruthless in its application and the potential impact is devastating. The law is very clear. If you are convicted of this offense there is a mandatory minimum sentence of 3.5 year in prison and a maximum term of 15 years in prison. What compounds this matter is that this sentence is applicable for those with no previous record. In fact, even if you have a permit out of state, if you possess that firearm in New York without a permit here (see New York Airport Gun and Criminal Possession of a Weapon), you will still be charged with this offense.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #3 : February 18, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »

Chalk up another 2nd round bust...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 18, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »

Bfarbs and red board posters please refrain from all caps on the subject lines. Thank you.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #5 : February 18, 2013, 09:29:18 PM »

New York is a fascist state.  Much like Illinois.  I'm glad the world will be safer without that highly dangerous Bowers roaming the streets.

PewterBlitz

Starter

« #6 : February 18, 2013, 11:44:53 PM »

Wow, this really sucks, not even worried about football. He seems like a good person, it really sucks that he would have to waste his life in a cell on such a boneheaded mistake.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 19, 2013, 12:11:58 PM »

He turns 23 on Saturday. If he serves the minimum he will probably be 25 when he plays again. Given how little he has played over his first two years, he would will have some of the freshest 25 year old legs around by then. Whether Schiano keeps him is an entirely different question that we have way too little information to make assumptions about right now.

hopefully he won't be using his knees in prison

bill_kir

Starter

« #8 : February 19, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »

i've also heard that they could reduce it to a 3rd degree offense which doesn't carry a minimum time or at the very least it will be a released on time served instance. being that he volunteered the gun info some say a lesser degree is possible, depending on if they want to make an example of him.

that being said, he can still face suspension from the NFL for it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #9 : February 19, 2013, 12:45:27 PM »

All Daquan Bowers has to do is make sure his prosecuting attorney is PeanutButterCheeseBoy and he'll get off scot-free.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #10 : February 19, 2013, 07:51:06 PM »

All Daquan Bowers has to do is make sure his prosecuting attorney is PeanutButterCheeseBoy and he'll get off scot-free.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers: 1 year in jail minimum if convicted. See attached link. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools