Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts looking to sign Sean Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2

lowlife

Starter
#15 : February 19, 2013, 01:03:45 PM

Both of these guys are being seriously overrated by fans because we are desperate.  Neither is a #1 corner.
On this team they are.

That's not saying much

My point exactly. Neither are great DBs but this squad is downright awful and needs an infusion of talent.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 19, 2013, 01:06:55 PM

Both of these guys are being seriously overrated by fans because we are desperate.  Neither is a #1 corner.
On this team they are.

That's not saying much

What scares me is that talib and wright both have slightly better statistics than Sean in their limited playing time. So really, what's all the hubbub bub?

Seems to me, it's the best of the worst, but the best of the worst is much better than we currently have. In truth, because of this fact, one corner should be a FA and the other from high draft position. It evens the chances of one of them being legit. We know what Cro, revis, or grimes would bring but all of them have their problems associated with them. The draft picks however, being at 13, gives Tampa some leeway when it comes to drafting the right corner.

IMO, the best option would be to trade the jets two seconds, a third, and sweeten the deal with a player (I choose Penn or DJ) then use the first to draft banks. It would give the bucs two very athletic, ballhawking corners for the next four years, and the next few drafts we would still have our firsts to draft a QB if free fails or to draft more defensive talent.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#17 : February 19, 2013, 04:43:08 PM

On this team they are.

That's not saying much

What scares me is that talib and wright both have slightly better statistics than Sean in their limited playing time. So really, what's all the hubbub bub?

Seems to me, it's the best of the worst, but the best of the worst is much better than we currently have. In truth, because of this fact, one corner should be a FA and the other from high draft position. It evens the chances of one of them being legit. We know what Cro, revis, or grimes would bring but all of them have their problems associated with them. The draft picks however, being at 13, gives Tampa some leeway when it comes to drafting the right corner.

IMO, the best option would be to trade the jets two seconds, a third, and sweeten the deal with a player (I choose Penn or DJ) then use the first to draft banks. It would give the bucs two very athletic, ballhawking corners for the next four years, and the next few drafts we would still have our firsts to draft a QB if free fails or to draft more defensive talent.
Stats, especially for CB's can be very misleading.  If you go by stats, Biggers is one of the best FA on the market this season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts looking to sign Sean Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools