Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to slip? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
: February 19, 2013, 01:38:03 AM

I've had a lot of spare time at work the last couple of nights, and have spent way too much time looking at various mocks across the internet.  One of the things I've noticed is that other than Joeckel, there are no consensus top five picks.  I've seen just about every other player slotted to or after our 13th pick somewhere.  For instance, NFL.com's mocks have us taking Werner, Moore, Rhodes, or Fluker.  CBSsports.com has us taking Milliner or Moore.  Drafttek has us selecting Lotulelei.  Walterfootball.com's mocks have us selecting Banks or Trufant.  McShay and Kiper have us taking Moore and Te'o.  Many of these same drafts have us passing on Jarvis Jones, Richardson, or Floyd.  I know it's early in the draft process and things will look a lot clearer next week, but I don't ever remember a draft with this much disagreement with who the top picks are.  Who do you want to slip if there are a run on QB's or for any other reason?  Feel free add any other names like Dion Jordan, Eric Fisher, or Berkevious Mingo.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#1 : February 19, 2013, 01:42:51 AM

with the questins now surrounding Bowers I think we really need to focus on D end in the first...I am almost positive that we will sign a CB on FA, hoping for Smith or Cox...If Werner falls I hope we run our pick to the Podium

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 19, 2013, 01:45:31 AM

I was surprised to hear Mayock say Werner might fall out of the top 10.

So if he or Milliner was sitting there at #13.....good times.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#3 : February 19, 2013, 01:50:10 AM

Depending on what happens with resigning Bennett and Bowers (unfortunately probably won't have a resolution by the draft), I would agree with Werner.  If we do sign Bennett, a FA CB or 2, and the Bucs feel comfortable that Bowers won't be incarcerated, then I would go with Jones.  He would fill a whole at SAM, and add much needed pass rush to boot.  I still want to see a pass rush on 3rd and long consisting of Jones, Clayborn, McCoy, Bennett, and Bowers.  Unfortunately the chances of that are getting bleaker and bleaker.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 19, 2013, 01:58:21 AM

I think after Monday's news.....Bowers all but assured Bennett remains a Buc.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

McCoy93

Starter

#5 : February 19, 2013, 02:03:34 AM

Damontre Moore is the guy i want too slip. He is a special talent

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#6 : February 19, 2013, 02:04:18 AM

But at what price?  I wonder if Bowers just earned Bennett another 2 million/year?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 19, 2013, 02:09:31 AM

But at what price?  I wonder if Bowers just earned Bennett another 2 million/year?

I think so.  Bennett needs to send him a thank you note, hopefully not in the crowbar motel.

In my opinion, before the Bowers incident, it was sign Bennett unless the money got too crazy.

Now, I believe it is sign Bennett at any cost.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#8 : February 19, 2013, 02:39:57 AM

True.  Any leverage the Bucs had just took a serious hit.  It may impact how much we can spend on other positions as well.  Maybe now we have to go after Cox instead of Smith?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 19, 2013, 06:59:30 AM

Honestly if one player slipped to us in this draft I wish it would be Star Lotulelei, then DeMarcus Milliner. Considering Mondays unfortunate events, Moore comes in at #3.
: February 19, 2013, 07:02:35 AM TampaBucks05

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 19, 2013, 07:21:44 AM

I say that if Werner slips down to 9 or 10, then we don't wait and we try to trade up and nab him. Dude is gonna be beastly.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 19, 2013, 07:31:18 AM

Considering I think Banks is better than Milliner anyways , if I could pick one player to slip it would be zee German Blitzkrieg

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 19, 2013, 07:57:05 AM

i wouldnt hold my breath on werner or moore falling anywhere near us. unless they stink up the combine they wont make it past the browns and lions. both need help at end.

wouldnt mind lotulelei falling to us but thats not going to happen unless he decided to start punching gms at the combine

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 19, 2013, 08:17:34 AM

Lotulelei, Jones, Moore, Werner

In that order

BucNtears

Second String

#14 : February 19, 2013, 08:52:00 AM

Chance Warmack
Dee Milliner
Bjoern Werner

pick one, doesn't really matter.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to slip? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools