Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman has a new agent. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

vicious00cycle

Starter
#15 : February 23, 2013, 12:22:58 PM

MJ nonsense aside, Josh should have a contract that pays him on a game-by-game basis. So when he has streaks of inconsistency he can get paid in reflection. I just want a consistent QB leading this team and I'll take "Consistent Good" or "Consistent Bad" at this point. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving him an extension in the middle of next season though. He'll need to play out the whole damn season and get a contract offer based on the whole body of work. Show consistency Josh. I think everyone's ready to get off the "Free-coaster" after 4 years...

\"He doesn\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 23, 2013, 04:42:25 PM

Calm down ladies.

Lol. No joke. People are so sensitive.

Nope. Just pointing out how the folks that constantly cry about Freeman's performance are also the ones leading the charge about his "questionable" sexual preferences. Leads me to believe that they just don't like the guy and will warp and spin their arguments in an attempt discredit anything that he does. Just wondering why.

Mr. Sensitive. If you want to perceive things in such a simple manner...you are certainly free to do so.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Redwave

Rookie

#17 : February 23, 2013, 09:12:51 PM

MJ nonsense aside, Josh should have a contract that pays him on a game-by-game basis. So when he has streaks of inconsistency he can get paid in reflection. I just want a consistent QB leading this team and I'll take "Consistent Good" or "Consistent Bad" at this point. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving him an extension in the middle of next season though. He'll need to play out the whole damn season and get a contract offer based on the whole body of work. Show consistency Josh. I think everyone's ready to get off the "Free-coaster" after 4 years...
Everything Freeman, Anti or Pro is a lightning rod and brings strong response. Too bad it comes to name calling, but I personally see both sides as being antagonistic & nasty. I was leaning heavily towards playing out next year, and No Way I want to see Dom pay out big mid-season QB dollars for 4-6 years. We're certainly not in the window as of yet, so lets not play roulette w/ this "roller-coaster" ride. On the other hand, I'd be fine w/ a 2-3 yr contract NOW assuming reasonable enough $ to allow for a trade if it becomes apparent Freeman's already hit his ceiling. Give him decent upfront money so as to not mortgage the future, while providing Josh another opportunity at FA while still relatively young. Bucs could then safely and more reasonably re-evaluate at end of 2013 season. IMO this is not a bad time to negotiate w/ him based on the past 2 yrs of streaky performances and late season dives, limited areas of strength & still questionable intangibles. Lots of risk for top 10 money. Can't believe I'm actually writing this as I'm not convinced he has the makeup to get much better than he already is, but I don't believe it'd hurt the team considering where they are in the process, and where this team's greatest weaknesses lie. Face it, there are years where many of us doubters would've liked to have had Josh as our QB.  As for the over-the-top ProFrees - please spare the Elite/ Franchise comments. That's still TBD and presently a real streeeeeeeeeeeeeetch.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 24, 2013, 12:30:40 AM

Dy-nasty D, have you ever heard the rumor that MJ was a pedophile?

Now, I'm not the worlds smartest man, but dressing up as a man who liked little boys a tad too much (described his junk) is pretty damn dumb no matter how "legendary" his music has become or how much he sunk into his lawyers to get him off.

Lets put it this way,

..would you wear a kwame Harris jersey even if you were a 49ers fan? ...No?

..What about Dave meggett? ..No?

Heck, let's dress him up like Tony Washington.... no one would have a problem with that, right?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 24, 2013, 02:00:36 AM

This whole thing has the potential to blow up, sooner rather than later.   Say Freeman comes out and looks like an All-Pro next season.   His management group could say thanks Dom, but no thanks on the contract extension.  Josh is going to test free agency.   I guess they could tag him, but that number is something like 14.6 million, and goes up 120% every year.  Its going to be interesting.  No telling how he feels about playing in Tampa.  He may have the plan to go back home,  and rescue the Cheifs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 24, 2013, 12:50:55 PM

This whole thing has the potential to blow up, sooner rather than later.   Say Freeman comes out and looks like an All-Pro next season.   His management group could say thanks Dom, but no thanks on the contract extension.  Josh is going to test free agency.   I guess they could tag him, but that number is something like 14.6 million, and goes up 120% every year.  Its going to be interesting.  No telling how he feels about playing in Tampa.  He may have the plan to go back home,  and rescue the Cheifs.

I'm pretty sure you tag him if he plays that well.  I'd rather pay MORE later than give him anything now.  Too risky.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 24, 2013, 01:08:04 PM

Am I the only one that doesnt really see next year as being able to settle anything other than him being a bad QB that has to go?
IF he manages to come out and have a great year it proves nothing because he hasn't managed to show any consistancy of being good
2009 - awful BUT he was a rookie
2010 - great
2011 - awful
2012 - bad overall but a stretch of great at mid season
He's just all over the place, I'd be scared to give him a long term, fairly big money deal based on a good 2013 because chances are 2014 will be another bad season (where we shake our heads and want to run Dom out of town for a bad deal) with 2015 being... Who knows? (and that's the problem)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman has a new agent. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools