Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Teo at 13? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Juani2

Second String

: February 19, 2013, 11:26:41 AM

I just read mayock said he had two going to us at 13 how do you guys feel about that?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#1 : February 19, 2013, 11:35:30 AM

I feel horrible about it

Juani2

Second String

#2 : February 19, 2013, 11:41:32 AM

I feel horrible about it

Lol, why is that? I don't really watch or pay attention to college so I don't know anything about the draftees except from what I read on here from you guys

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 19, 2013, 11:50:19 AM

Nope. There are other players who will be available that will make much more of an impact at weaker positions. DB, OL, or DL. Simple as that.

Maybe if we desperately needed a LB and our run D was still terrible, but David and Foster are good/solid LBs and a SLB can be found for cheap in FA or in one of the later rounds.

Before Quincy got hurt, he was only seeing the field about 47% of the time. The player we draft @ 13 needs to be on the field 90%+ of the time, when they are active.
: February 19, 2013, 11:54:32 AM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 19, 2013, 11:54:07 AM

He isn't the BPA, and he doesn't even satisfy a need. So why would we pick him?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 19, 2013, 12:00:20 PM

He isn't the BPA, and he doesn't even satisfy a need. So why would we pick him?
Exactly this.

Juani2

Second String

#6 : February 19, 2013, 12:02:24 PM

Nope. There are other players who will be available that will make much more of an impact at weaker positions. DB, OL, or DL. Simple as that.

Maybe if we desperately needed a LB and our run D was still terrible, but David and Foster are good/solid LBs and a SLB can be found for cheap in FA or in one of the later rounds.

Before Quincy got hurt, he was only seeing the field about 47% of the time. The player we draft @ 13 needs to be on the field 90%+ of the time, when they are active.

Oh ok you make good points so who is your preference for the pick?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 19, 2013, 12:15:21 PM

Oh ok you make good points so who is your preference for the pick?

It really all depends on who is there. Guys who I believe will be there and who I would want: Lane Johnson, Demontre Moore, Johnthan Banks, Ezekiel Ansah, Xavier Rhodes.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 19, 2013, 01:08:43 PM

I can agree with the statement that he doesn't satisfy a need, but a couple months ago I think almost everyone would agree he's a top 15 pick and one of the best defensive players in the draft. One bad game and a really weird story doesn't drop him any spots in my rankings. That being said, I know he will drop and I'm pretty confident the Bucs aren't looking at him for pick 13.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 19, 2013, 01:20:52 PM

I'd feel bad about it at 13. Now if they trade down after They've already picked up two solid corners in FA not so much.

I personally believe te'o is going to be a baller, so IMO, he's worth the #13 overall.

..But not many teams will want him at 13, or up until 20th maybe, because of the "fake internet gf dieing" thing. That being the case, get the value from it first.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 19, 2013, 01:22:45 PM

I think I like Te'o's game more than most, but I'm not taking him @ 13.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 19, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

I can agree with the statement that he doesn't satisfy a need, but a couple months ago I think almost everyone would agree he's a top 15 pick and one of the best defensive players in the draft. One bad game and a really weird story doesn't drop him any spots in my rankings. That being said, I know he will drop and I'm pretty confident the Bucs aren't looking at him for pick 13.
Lots of players who were high profile prep recruits and longtime starters on popular teams are deemed top draft prospects by outsiders early in the process but then when the rubber hits the road they get exposed for not always having big time NFL games.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 19, 2013, 01:49:32 PM

Don't get me wrong, I think he's still a first round pick.  I just don't see him as a guy who'd be such great value at 13 that we'd have to take him even without a need for a first round-type linebacker.  (That is, while the team *does* need to replace Q. Black, they don't really need to spend a first round pick to do so.)

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 19, 2013, 02:11:22 PM

Teo may be worthy of the 13 spot. But with holes at cb1, cb2, DT, etc. I wouldn't pick him.

In Verner We Trust

Mateen

Starter

#14 : February 19, 2013, 02:50:49 PM

WalterFootball has us taking Desmond Trufant at 13, per his updated Mock today.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Teo at 13? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools