Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attorney: “Bowers Will Be Fully Exonerated” « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #15 : February 20, 2013, 02:16:38 PM »

After this week the Bowers story will be buried in talk of defensive backs and 40 times

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #16 : February 20, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »

people are comparing this to the Plax issue

Didnt Plax shhot himself with the gun?

In that case it was unlawful discharge of a firearm in a public setting

which is a whole different issue

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #17 : February 20, 2013, 02:35:36 PM »

A defense attorney said his client was innocent? Wow ... shocking.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

« #18 : February 20, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »

people are comparing this to the Plax issue

Didnt Plax shhot himself with the gun?

In that case it was unlawful discharge of a firearm in a public setting

which is a whole different issue

What happened is clearly different, but in fact he was indicted on the same broad charge as Bowers - "criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree." (2 counts). He was also indicted for "reckless endangerment in the second degree."

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #19 : February 20, 2013, 02:59:50 PM »

The law in NYC is very clear that you need a special permit to have a gun. Other state permits, hell even other NY permits, are not recognized. Like I said, there is a very good chance Bowers ends up with jail time for this.

No there isn't.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #20 : February 20, 2013, 05:08:08 PM »

The law in NYC is very clear that you need a special permit to have a gun. Other state permits, hell even other NY permits, are not recognized. Like I said, there is a very good chance Bowers ends up with jail time for this.

No there isn't.

most likely like I said..a fine...maybe some community service....combine week coming up this will be buried in the press

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #21 : February 20, 2013, 05:09:20 PM »

if this was a cat like Pac Man Jones that had multiple run ins...totally different story....not likely they throw the book at Bowers for a mistake

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #22 : February 20, 2013, 05:17:08 PM »

Ill be shocked if he walks away from this scotch free. New York has tough guns laws and I can't see someone who walks into an airport with a loaded gun getting off easy in that state. I hope so though.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #23 : February 20, 2013, 05:36:45 PM »

Ill be shocked if he walks away from this scotch free. New York has tough guns laws and I can't see someone who walks into an airport with a loaded gun getting off easy in that state. I hope so though.

They do have some tough laws...but I think they take some things into perspective..Hes a great kid who has a pretty much spotless record...it wasnt like he had it out and waiving it around or trying to commit a murder or terrorist act

He admitted to having it...its not like they found it and he tried to sneak it past them

It was a mistake and without a doubt he will learn from it and next time he comes through NY he wont bring it...or will obtain the documents needed to be within their laws

I might be wrong...but I dont see him doing any time or having it on his "record"

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

« #24 : February 20, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »

scotch free.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #25 : February 20, 2013, 05:48:35 PM »

They do have some tough laws...but I think they take some things into perspective..Hes a great kid who has a pretty much spotless record...it wasnt like he had it out and waiving it around or trying to commit a murder or terrorist act

He admitted to having it...its not like they found it and he tried to sneak it past them

It was a mistake and without a doubt he will learn from it and next time he comes through NY he wont bring it...or will obtain the documents needed to be within their laws

I might be wrong...but I dont see him doing any time or having it on his "record"

He's lucky about one thing: he didn't get caught in Manhattan. Because if he was tried in Manhattan, none of that good behavior, spotless record, etc would mean anything when it comes to mandatory sentences.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #26 : February 20, 2013, 09:19:17 PM »

Here's the same scenario with 1 year probation and a fine:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Tea-Party-Leader-Gun-Possession-LaGuardia-Airport-LGA-Plea-Guilty-137198318.html

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #27 : February 20, 2013, 09:29:27 PM »

Attorney: “Bowers Will Be Fully Exonerated”

Sometimes, Joe enjoys the hubris of some. Take attorneys who represent clients. In this case, said attorney is Dennis Coppin, who represents Bucs defensive end Da’Quan Bowers.

Yesterday, Bowers admitted to a US Airways clerk at LaGuardia Airport in Queens he was packing heat in his carry-on bag. This practice is frowned upon by New Yorkers, very much so in fact, and Bowers was slapped with a felony charge and locked up for the better part of Monday.

But in an e-mail to the Tampa Tribune, Coppin declares Bowers will walk away from these proceedings free as a bird, so reports Woody Cummings.

“After a full and fair investigation of the facts and circumstances regarding this registered firearm Mr. Bowers will be fully exonerated,” attorney Dennis Coppin wrote in an email to The Tribune on Tuesday.

That’s much easier said than done. As Joe pointed out yesterday after speaking to a former Manhattan prosecutor and current defense attorney in the Big Apple, Bowers and his counsel are going to have to disco dance through legal hoops for Bowers to walk on these charges.

Just like player agents, Joe is always su**CENSORED**ious of hired-gun attorneys boasting of their client’s innocence. Why? Well, have you ever heard an attorney say of his client, “He was caught with the bloody glove and we are throwing ourselves at the mercy of a jury of his peers for lenience?”

Of course not. Lawyers and agents have agendas, and Joe has no issue with that. Part of said agenda is putting up a desired front.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=83561

Joe's writing skills give anti-java a migraine.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #28 : February 20, 2013, 10:35:42 PM »

It does look more like probation and a fine.

full exoneration would be a fine result for the defense attorney

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #29 : February 21, 2013, 07:30:45 AM »

Got my fingers crossed on this.

But still, in my opinion it is a coin flip. He could do some serious time.

Got my hopes up for DQB.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attorney: “Bowers Will Be Fully Exonerated” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools