Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attorney: “Bowers Will Be Fully Exonerated” « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #30 : February 21, 2013, 09:38:35 AM »

The law in NYC is very clear that you need a special permit to have a gun. Other state permits, hell even other NY permits, are not recognized. Like I said, there is a very good chance Bowers ends up with jail time for this.

No there isn't.

most likely like I said..a fine...maybe some community service....combine week coming up this will be buried in the press

What world are you guys living in? He has been charged with a serious crime, a felony, which carries a minimum of 3.5 years in jail. You really think it matters that he didn't mean to do it?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #31 : February 21, 2013, 10:25:13 AM »

The law in NYC is very clear that you need a special permit to have a gun. Other state permits, hell even other NY permits, are not recognized. Like I said, there is a very good chance Bowers ends up with jail time for this.

No there isn't.

most likely like I said..a fine...maybe some community service....combine week coming up this will be buried in the press

What world are you guys living in? He has been charged with a serious crime, a felony, which carries a minimum of 3.5 years in jail. You really think it matters that he didn't mean to do it?

Here's the same scenario with 1 year probation and a fine:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Tea-Party-Leader-Gun-Possession-LaGuardia-Airport-LGA-Plea-Guilty-137198318.html

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #32 : February 21, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »

I'm shocked Vin. That seems so unlike the NY I know. Thanks for clearing it up.

- Everyone

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

« #33 : February 21, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »

No there isn't.

[/quote"}

BucNY - you are assuming this goes to trial and he's convicted. Burress faced the same charge plus 2 additional felony charges. He plead to a lesser charge and was sentenced to 2 years, and actually served 20 months. From the statute, the issue is the "loaded" part. That's why it's "second degree." I'm not an attorney, but I could imagine him pleading to "criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree" which is a misdemeanor, and involves the person "possessing a firearm."

The reason "he didn't mean to do it" or "he tried to do the right thing" matters is that makes it more likely that the prosecutor will want to play ball with him. 

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #34 : February 21, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »

I'm shocked Vin. That seems so unlike the NY I know. Thanks for clearing it up.

No worries. I think they realize the law works but only with sound discretion by the prosecutor. Who knows though there is no guarantee they take the same approach with Bowers.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #35 : February 21, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »

Joe went on record early this week saying he believed that the pinching of Da’Quan Bowers at LaGuardia Airport for packing heat would not impact the Bucs because at best, Bowers wouldn’t go to trial until after the 2013 season.

Apparently, Joe is wrong, so says Bucs coach Greg Schiano.

While talking to Woody Cummings of the Tampa Tribune, during his car wash with the over 8,000 accredited media members at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis for the NFL ScoutingCombine, Schiano said, yes, Bowers’ arrest has thrown the Bucs a curveball in preparation for the draft and free agency this winter and spring.

@RCummingsTBO: Added Schiano on Bowers: “I think you’d be naive to think it doesn’t have any impact” on teams plans.

Does this mean free agent Michael Bennett wins the lottery and is franchised (and will then receive some $11 million dollars this season)? Or does it mean the Bucs will draft a defensive end in the first round? Joe isn’t sure.

But it sure bears monitoring.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=83674

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #36 : February 22, 2013, 12:32:33 PM »

Man, Schiano is one smart mother. I knew I liked him for a reason and it's not just because he proves me right that this is a serious offense and it might not be as easy as people think to walk away.

- Everyone

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #37 : February 22, 2013, 12:39:37 PM »

It's NY. Everyone knows how harsh it is here regarding taxes. AND GUNS. If you own a gun, and you are in Ny, and you are traveling, best have your t's crossed and your i's dotted. Otherwise, the "stupid" law will make you feel "stupider".

DQB is far from being out of the woods regarding this. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. I have hope though.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #38 : February 22, 2013, 07:40:36 PM »

Consider me one of those that's "kidding themselves"

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #39 : February 22, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »

If that is how you will approach this then so be it.

But I wouldn't be strutting if I were DQB.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #40 : February 22, 2013, 09:17:02 PM »

If that is how you will approach this then so be it.

But I wouldn't be strutting if I were DQB.

If i was Bowers, i wouldn't be strutting either.... but i'm not, and i feel when all is said and done, he gets a fine and probation and we'll all look back on this and wonder what the big deal was about.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #41 : February 23, 2013, 12:36:14 AM »

Hate:   I an firmly in your camp.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #42 : February 23, 2013, 07:59:53 AM »

Hate:   I an firmly in your camp.

great minds.........  ;D

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #43 : February 23, 2013, 08:29:03 AM »

Me too. Posted a link on the first day.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #44 : February 23, 2013, 10:00:49 AM »

Fine, probation, nothing from Godell and actually an attaboy from Schiano for doing the right thing reporting it at the ticket counter. We all make mistakes, bonehead decisions that we can't believe we made later but he was man enough to do the right thing and take his medicine.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attorney: “Bowers Will Be Fully Exonerated” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools