Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: February 19, 2013, 07:43:47 PM

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8962969/bart-scott-calvin-pace-five-reeased-new-york-jets

Maybe we'll see Tebow playing LB net season. ;D ;)

Dom is watchng this I'm sure...

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 19, 2013, 07:50:13 PM

No thanks to all of those guys. Jason Smith MIGHT be depth.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 19, 2013, 07:55:50 PM

S-U-C-K, what does that spell? Jets.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 20, 2013, 09:22:22 PM

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8962969/bart-scott-calvin-pace-five-reeased-new-york-jets

Maybe we'll see Tebow playing LB net season. ;D ;)

Dom is watchng this I'm sure...
\

I read somewhere today, they will be shopping Tebow hard at the combine.  I can't see anyone biting, at any price.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 20, 2013, 10:15:05 PM

If they release Tebow, the Bucs would be wise to bring him in. RJS would be sold out every week, and you can plug him in as a special teamer/backup QB.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 20, 2013, 10:45:33 PM

If they release Tebow, the Bucs would be wise to bring him in. RJS would be sold out every week, and you can plug him in as a special teamer/backup QB.

Dude is a major distraction IMO.   Look at that circus tent the Jets were last season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 20, 2013, 10:52:48 PM

Dude is a major distraction IMO.   Look at that circus tent the Jets were last season.
Yeah but Tebow invited it unto himself and the team, the JETS are notorious for being media losers of late, just awful.  In Tampa, the media presence would be not nearly as intensive as the NY media, he would eventually fade into the background, a willing backup and player that comes in for the very rare gadget play.  And the stadium sells out.

Dom would be a fool not to...it gives the BUcs some home field advantadge again.  Bring them in, and let them watch Jackson/Williams/Hamster/Nicks go to work.  They would come back if the team keeps winning, after a while, regardless of Tebow at that point. By then, he would have served his uses, and you release him...

It would work.  Comparing the JETS to the Bucs is not even remotely close in terms of media fiasco.  Not even in the same area code.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 20, 2013, 10:55:24 PM

Yeah but Tebow invited it unto himself and the team, the JETS are notorious for being media losers of late, just awful.  In Tampa, the media presence would be not nearly as intensive as the NY media, he would eventually fade into the background, a willing backup and player that comes in for the very rare gadget play.  And the stadium sells out.

Dom would be a fool not to...it gives the BUcs some home field advantadge again.  Bring them in, and let them watch Jackson/Williams/Hamster/Nicks go to work.  They would come back if the team keeps winning, after a while, regardless of Tebow at that point. By then, he would have served his uses, and you release him...

It would work.  Comparing the JETS to the Bucs is not even remotely close in terms of media fiasco.  Not even in the same area code.

The trouble is....the first errant pass by Freeman, the Tebow chants would start.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 20, 2013, 10:56:38 PM

Dom would NOT sign Tebow after seeing what happened with the jets, and the fact that IF he screws up this season, both he and schiano may have to pack.

IMO, there is more reason to believe Dom would trade for Revis, than to reach for tebow.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 20, 2013, 10:58:51 PM

The trouble is....the first errant pass by Freeman, the Tebow chants would start.
Yeah, but the Orlovsky grumblings have already surfaced from time to time, and that guy sucks major dong.

Bring in Tebow, and keep another backup, and to hell with the Tebow chanters!  They will cheer when their Bucs are winning games.  Winning solves a lot, and Tebow would not be such a fiasco in Tampa.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 20, 2013, 11:01:45 PM

i thought the same thing.  but it takes fans to hear the chants.

and face it...tebow is the perfect backup to freeman.  doesnt see the field well, locks on to receivers, inaccurate, throws a great deep ball, and can make plays with his feet when he wants to.  we dont have to change anything if we have to go to our backup.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 20, 2013, 11:02:09 PM

Yeah, but the Orlovsky grumblings have already surfaced from time to time, and that guy sucks major dong.

Bring in Tebow, and keep another backup, and to hell with the Tebow chanters!  They will cheer when their Bucs are winning games.  Winning solves a lot, and Tebow would not be such a fiasco in Tampa.

If he agrees ahead of time to convert to TE,  I am all in.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 21, 2013, 11:40:07 AM

Tebow? Why any team would view a player I would label a "project" at best(Vince Young is a better quarterback) worth the distractions he brings, whether those distractions are about him and his religion BS or about him not starting. He isn't even close to be a good enough talent to take on the risk that he meddles with the locker room chemistry. Tebow is a bust

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 21, 2013, 11:47:51 AM

Tebow would be a solid backup in theory. Unfortunately the media is single handedly ruining his career with their incessant coverage of him. Yes, the Jets thing was a perfect storm for the media, but he got nearly the same level of coverage when he was backing up Orton in Denver. If he cones here the media would still swarm, there would be constant debates about Freeman vs Tebow on First Take, and all the idiot Gator fans down here would only make things worse(I am a Gators fan myself, and trust me, we have a lot of smart fans but also plenty of idiots as well. It wouldn't be pretty).

The only place I could see Tebow going where he wouldn't be a huge distraction is a team like New England. No sane fan would ever suggest he's better than Brady, and at the same time he can learn from one of the best QBs and coaches ever. Not to mention, I could see Belichick switching up his offense to use Tebow once Brady retires, just to prove it can be done. We all know BB has a huge ego, but we also know that he can make almost anything work.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 21, 2013, 04:12:53 PM

BS.

Some idiots will say it is time to play Tebow.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools