Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

: February 19, 2013, 08:58:29 PM

Not sure what to think about this kid yet. But I liked what I saw when he went against UNLV.

zsmith22

Starter

#1 : February 19, 2013, 09:06:14 PM

Would love to have him if we don't get Martellus in FA. Reminds me a lot of Antonio gates.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 19, 2013, 09:12:50 PM

He is a damn good option in round 3.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 19, 2013, 09:15:49 PM

I am still holding out hope we get the other Bennett bro.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 20, 2013, 11:10:06 AM

Not a big fan after watching the first 2 min.  How are you going to block NFL players if you cant block BSU? 

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 20, 2013, 01:16:50 PM

He's a pass catching fool and not afraid of the middle.   Happily have this guy in the 3rd/4th round.

But I want Bennett too.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#6 : February 20, 2013, 01:27:10 PM

He'd be a good option as a #2 TE, but isn't well rounded enough to be our primary TE.

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#7 : February 20, 2013, 03:30:34 PM

Not sure what to think about this kid yet. But I liked what I saw when he went against UNLV.

Unlv's defense made everyone look good. He's a good receiver but not a good enough blocker imo

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 21, 2013, 10:49:00 AM

He is a damn good option in round 3.

Agreed.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 21, 2013, 11:33:30 AM

Escobar has been in my mock for a while. i like ertz a ton as well but id rather go a different route in the 2nd. escobar can be had in the 3rd or 4th. he also showed up impressively at the combine weigh in. 6'5 260 is really good size for a TE and will give him good blocking size as well as his pass catching

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 21, 2013, 02:20:11 PM

measured in at 6' 5" 7/8,  254 and 33 5/8 inch arms.

Bigger than Kelce, Sims, Reed, Eifert and Ertz.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 20, 2013, 09:33:48 AM

i know a lot of guys like gavin escobar, and it was just mentioned we met with him.  but why do you guys believe he will be any better than stocker?  what does he do differently, better?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 20, 2013, 09:37:15 AM

i know a lot of guys like gavin escobar, and it was just mentioned we met with him.  but why do you guys believe he will be any better than stocker?  what does he do differently, better?
I won't pretend to be an expert on Escobar and I did like Stocker as a prospect, but at the very least Escobar has been tremendously more productive in the red zone. He has 17 TD's in three years where Stocker had 8 TD's in four years.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 20, 2013, 09:41:58 AM

Saw a tweet in the FA thread that the Bucs were seen having lunch with Gavin.

Nioce.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 20, 2013, 09:47:51 AM

thanks.  i certainly wouldnt mind the pick, heard a lot of good things.  but his measurables are nothing special, so was just curious.

ive been all over the board with the TE's.  would like one of them, but not expecting one.  kelce has the bloodlines, escobar is up there for a reason.  but i might be leaning back towards sims.  known as the best blocker in the group but also is just athletic as most of them.  he does have injury and maturity questions, but he should be available later.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools