Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: which Buc draft pick AT THE TIME most made you wanna turn in your Pirate Flag « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 19, 2013, 11:48:48 PM

Gaines (rip). There was a lot of talent that draft and we got him.

It's one of the main reasons I wouldn't ever pick his position early. More often than not, many "skill" players get passed because the team has a need.

And imvho, it's OK to draft or FA for need, but it's also even more wise to play conservative and have both skill and need coexist within the same pick. Probably why some mocks have us picking up Te'o. Fills a need and could possibly be BPA (if teams get corner-hungry) by 13.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 19, 2013, 11:59:34 PM

Gaines (RIP) as well. Hated the pick from the very beginning.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 20, 2013, 12:24:20 AM

Gaines Adams just because I really wanted Calvin.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 20, 2013, 12:46:23 AM

Too many just to pick one:

Dexter Jackson the turf eater not the Super Bowl MVP
Myron Hurt Lewis, dude sucks and we passd up going after Cromartie for this bum
Chris Colmer, seriously what the hell
Roy Miller
Luke Stocker
Mark Barron

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 20, 2013, 01:00:50 AM

Too many just to pick one:

Dexter Jackson the turf eater not the Super Bowl MVP
Myron Hurt Lewis, dude sucks and we passd up going after Cromartie for this bum
Chris Colmer, seriously what the hell
Roy Miller
Luke Stocker
Mark Barron

Forgot all about slip n slide, and miller is another good, bad pick. Not exactly horrible in the long run, but bad nonetheless.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 20, 2013, 01:31:58 AM

Gaines (rip). There was a lot of talent that draft and we got him.

It's one of the main reasons I wouldn't ever pick his position early. More often than not, many "skill" players get passed because the team has a need.

And imvho, it's OK to draft or FA for need, but it's also even more wise to play conservative and have both skill and need coexist within the same pick. Probably why some mocks have us picking up Te'o. Fills a need and could possibly be BPA (if teams get corner-hungry) by 13.

MLB is not a need. Teo wouldn't beat out Mason Foster.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 20, 2013, 07:53:00 AM

None. I always have some optimisim after the draft. I never assume some guy is automatically going to suck simply because he wasn't someone I projected.  The arrogance of some fans makes me laugh.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 20, 2013, 08:11:11 AM

Gaines I don't get. I see people whining about Calvin but we couldn't have drafted him there. Hell I wanted Joe Thomas but that also wasn't in the offing.

At the time, I hated Davin Joseph. First round guards will never make me smile.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 20, 2013, 08:11:17 AM

The only one that I can clearly remember was the Clayton pick with Steven Jackson still on the board. Had we picked Jackson instead of Clayton in 2004, so many other things wouldn't have happened (like taking Caddy the following year when Demarcus Ware was on the board which would have changed the following pick from Gaines Adams to perhaps Patrick Willis).

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#24 : February 20, 2013, 08:29:45 AM

The only one that I can clearly remember was the Clayton pick with Steven Jackson still on the board. Had we picked Jackson instead of Clayton in 2004, so many other things wouldn't have happened (like taking Caddy the following year when Demarcus Ware was on the board which would have changed the following pick from Gaines Adams to perhaps Patrick Willis).

Hadn't thought about it like that. That is horribly depressing.

I don't remember very far back, but the Dexter Jackson pick really pissed me off. Also, Gaines Adams, but just because I got my hopes up for Calvin Johnson, like most others have said.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#25 : February 20, 2013, 08:33:16 AM

At #58 Dexter Jackson WR Appalachian State....... WTF!!!!!!!!!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 20, 2013, 08:40:09 AM

None of them made me want to "turn in" anything.

That said...I wasn't too excited about the Freeman, Barron, and Talib picks.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 20, 2013, 08:49:28 AM

Dexter Jackson

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 20, 2013, 09:16:01 AM

2009   17   Josh Freeman   Quarterback   Kansas State               Percy Harvin or the 5-6th ranked qb in a college conference... and we took the 5-6 ranked qb... made me physically ill. 
Come on Freeman clearly wasn't the 5-6th ranked QB in the Big XII for pro potential. Say what you will about Freeman as a pro, but he has obviously exceeded Colt McCoy, Zac Robinson, Graham Harrell, Chase Daniel, Todd Reesing, and some may say he has been better than Sam Bradford. Freeman wasn't the 5-6th best QB for what the Bucs were looking for.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 20, 2013, 09:17:54 AM

As to the original question, I don't recall hating many 1st round picks, but I've hated a lot of 2nd and 3rd rounders - Dexter Jackson, Jeremy Zuttah, Sabby Piscitelli, Quincy Black, Jeremy Trueblood, Maurice Stovall, Chris Colmer, etc.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: which Buc draft pick AT THE TIME most made you wanna turn in your Pirate Flag « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools