Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darkhorse 1st Round Selection Candidate « previous next »
Page: 1 2

creamsicles

Starter
#15 : February 20, 2013, 04:05:46 PM

this kid plays in the big least... we know schiano has an affinity for his old conference from the last draft.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 20, 2013, 05:58:28 PM

IDK guys. McShay has him in the top 32 for a reason. 6'1" at 195 lbs with 4.43 speed and great cover skills is going to mean a lot come draft day.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 20, 2013, 07:02:34 PM

From what I see, he's not a very physical guy in terms of his tackling ability. He looks decent in coverage, but I don't know if I would pick a guy like that in the first round if he couldn't cover the physical #1 receiver that a lot of teams have.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 20, 2013, 07:32:16 PM

New name that I just read up on and haven't seen mentioned.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson (pronounced Bleedie Ray-Wilson, decendant of african immigrants I believe).

6'0 5/8" 192 lbs
4.43 40
33" arms
8 5/8" hands
University of Connecticut

Scouts Inc has ranked as the #2 CB in the draft. He missed the final five games with the Huskies due to a MCL sprain, which may be why we haven't heard much aboutthis kid until now. I have him as a darkhorse selection for the Bucs because a. he has all the makings of a profession CB, size, weight, speed; b. he played in the Big East so Schiano has seen him in action; and c. he's a high character guy, stayed in school, is highly intelligent and was voted team captain by teammates and coaches both JR and Sr years. His production wasn't great as a senior due to injury, he also played after having sugery on his hand that was injured against Rutgers last season.

So, I'd add him to the list of probably Bucs selections with the 13th pick. Thoughts?

Never heard of this dude or seen him play . Does anyone else have him ranked that high ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 20, 2013, 07:47:32 PM

he was at the senior bowl i believe, announcers talked him up.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 20, 2013, 08:47:10 PM

I only watched his Louisville game on youtube but you can tell he's good and probably better better than our corners.

not hard to do

Wright and talib are better than our current group. Heck, just write all the FA and draft CB's on a wheel and spin.

Freesus Christ.. that sounds horrible when you actually say it.

Well our group was/is so bad that every corner prospect actually looks like an upgrade, but the truth is you never know who is going to be good. If we watched film on every corner with a 3rd or 4th round rating, we'll say they all look better than our guys, but the ones you know without reasonable doubt are guys like Milliner and Rhodes hence why they're first rounders. Some of these 3rd and 4th round guys will probably end up sub par. I don't think that is the case with this Blidi guy and that more like what I meant with my original post.

I wouldn't draft a corner in the first at all. I would sign 2 FA corners and then move up to draft Werner or stay at 13 and draft Jordan

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darkhorse 1st Round Selection Candidate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools