Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hypothetical- Shock of the Decade « previous next »
Page: 1

creamsicles

Starter
: February 20, 2013, 10:21:31 PM

Imagine if the Bucs signed Talib to a deal... he's a FA and we need CB.... it makes me laugh to think about it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 20, 2013, 10:35:41 PM

He ain't all that is the problem.  Dude is shaky in the character category,  not to mention he appears to be made of glass. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#2 : February 20, 2013, 10:42:25 PM

No, his health is not reliable.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 20, 2013, 10:45:17 PM

...upon reading this, the bucs just lost 5000 season ticket holders

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#4 : February 20, 2013, 11:15:53 PM

I keep hearing about this hypothetical. The only problem is, it makes NO SENSE. Nevermind Talib's shaky play, injury history, or various character concerns but if we sign Talib we would have basically thrown our 2012 season away for a 4th round draft choice.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : February 21, 2013, 03:58:04 PM

Schiano and Dominik aren't that stupid. It would be a bad move that only a few organizations would try (Raiders come to mind).

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 21, 2013, 04:34:40 PM

Sad thing is he is one of the best CB's available, but yea it doesn't make sense and don't think he would want to come back here anyways.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 21, 2013, 04:56:04 PM

but if we sign Talib we would have basically thrown our 2012 season away for a 4th round draft choice.

you think we were contenders with talib?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 21, 2013, 05:02:08 PM

I dont think I would be shocked if he signed here but I think I would be a little surprised we took the chance after all hes been here. Inconsistent and unreliable. I dont think it will happen but I guess stranger things have happend.

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#9 : February 21, 2013, 08:03:23 PM

but if we sign Talib we would have basically thrown our 2012 season away for a 4th round draft choice.

you think we were contenders with talib?

I think our pass D would have been much better with him lining up acros from Johnson and Biggers, much more than it was with Danny Gorrer or LaQuan Lewis assuming that role. Take into account how close the games were, and how much of a factor our horrid pass D was in those games being so close. After we played Oakland Talib would've been reinstated had he not been traded, so lets take a look.....

Week 10 - Falcons 24  Bucs 23
Week  11 - Broncos 31 Bucs 23
Week  12 - Eagles 23 Bucs  21
Week 13 - Rams 28 Bucs 13

Our pass D played an overwhelming role in each of those close losses and I think If Talib were starting on any of those days we would've came out with the W. That would leave us @ 11-5 for the year. So not only would we have been 'contenders' to make the playoffs, we would have actually made them with Talib IMO.

Now, I'm in no way saying I think we shouldn't have been traded to NE for a 4th rounder, I am actually glad we made the move and I think the culture change HAD to be made around here. The point is, all of that gets thrown in the trash once we re-sign Talib and that is what I totally do not agree with.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 21, 2013, 09:06:43 PM

I think our pass D would have been much better with him lining up acros from Johnson and Biggers, much more than it was with Danny Gorrer or LaQuan Lewis assuming that role. Take into account how close the games were, and how much of a factor our horrid pass D was in those games being so close. After we played Oakland Talib would've been reinstated had he not been traded, so lets take a look.....

Week 10 - Falcons 24  Bucs 23
Week  11 - Broncos 31 Bucs 23
Week  12 - Eagles 23 Bucs  21
Week 13 - Rams 28 Bucs 13

Our pass D played an overwhelming role in each of those close losses and I think If Talib were starting on any of those days we would've came out with the W. That would leave us @ 11-5 for the year. So not only would we have been 'contenders' to make the playoffs, we would have actually made them with Talib IMO.

arent the pass defense stats pretty similar comparing when talib was in the lineup and when he wasnt?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 21, 2013, 10:56:26 PM

I believe his Tampa days are over.  Hard to say where he ends up.  Sounds like Belichick is moving on without him.  He will catch on somewhere for a low ball contract.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hypothetical- Shock of the Decade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools