Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Milliner has torn labrum « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« : February 21, 2013, 09:52:46 AM »

Shefter is reporting that Dee Milliner will be having surgery to repair a torn labrum after the combine.  How much will this affect his draft status?  Isn't the recovery for that pretty long, he probably wouldn't be ready to play at the beginning of the season?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #1 : February 21, 2013, 10:42:33 AM »

Now that makes things interesting...

http://www.hopkinsortho.org/labrum_tear.html

12 weeks back to normal for a normal human.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 21, 2013, 10:43:23 AM »

That may cause him to drop enough for us to get him.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #3 : February 21, 2013, 10:52:27 AM »

Could be an ongoing issue if this nfl.com analysis is correct on how he plays...

He'll be tearing it again -

Weaknesses
Stout running backs and physical receivers can run through his tackles, and he has a tendency to leave his feet and lunge. He should continue to get stronger, but needs to break down more consistently to get leverage. Dives at the feet of ballcarriers regularly, can be eluded in space. Doesn’t always land heavy hands on his man at the line of scrimmage when required, but his recovery speed usually makes up for it. Played on a loaded defense, pro quarterbacks will challenge his coverage at the next level. Like all Saban cornerbacks, he was not taught or asked to backpedal in college, and will need to develop new technique and footwork. Can lose track of the ball in the air and will mistime his plays on the ball.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 21, 2013, 10:58:07 AM »

Cya

yungbull

Starter
« #5 : February 21, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »

Pre-draft surgery didn't seem to cause Barron to drop, even though he seem pretty healthy by mini-camp.  To me, showing up at the combine and working out with this injury shows his competitiveness. 

Does anybody recall Brees having a similiar injury in '06.  Brees' tear was much more gruesome, and he seemed to comeback even stronger...

.....But in the final game of 2005, with the Chargers out of playoff contention, Brees dived for a fumble in his own end zone, and Gerard Warren, the Denver Broncos' 325-pound tackle, landed on him. When Brees stood he held his right arm as if he were resting the elbow on a fireplace mantle, his shoulder gruesomely dislocated.

More than 1,700 miles away in Birmingham, renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews watched a replay of Brees going down. "I thought, my God, what an injury," says Andrews. Four days later he examined Brees and diagnosed a rare 360-degree tear of the labrum, the ring of cartilage around the entry to the shoulder joint. During surgery Andrews discovered a deep, partial rotator cuff tear. He says the damage in Brees's shoulder joint represented "one of the most unique injuries of any athlete I've ever treated."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1105608/2/index.htm

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 21, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »

Rhodes just became my favorite corner in this draft.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 21, 2013, 04:46:33 PM »

From what I have read,  I don't think its a big deal.  He will be doing all the drills at the combine, except for the bench press.  Then he will have the surgery and be good to go by training camp.

I don't think it affects his draft position at all.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #8 : February 21, 2013, 04:47:03 PM »

this could be great news for us.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

zsmith22

Starter

« #9 : February 21, 2013, 04:48:34 PM »

Milliner and Banks are the only two CBs I'd draft round one. If we draft Rhodes or Trufant at 13, I'll be very disappointed.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
« #10 : February 21, 2013, 04:51:47 PM »

Milliner and Banks are the only two CBs I'd draft round one. If we draft Rhodes or Trufant at 13, I'll be very disappointed.

but Rhodes is better than Banks

RiotHeart

Starter

« #11 : February 21, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »

So he is injured? That seals it that we will trade up for him. Dom loves his dinged up draftees

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #12 : February 21, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »

If we draft  Trufant at 13, I'll be very disappointed.

this is where charlie campbell is leaning.  even convinced walter football of it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #13 : February 21, 2013, 05:04:25 PM »

They need a corner in the draft but they need the right guy. I think 13 is high enough to where you still have a selection of best players in draft. They need to be wise about what else could be out there. It doesnt HAVE to be corner, does it??

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
« #14 : February 21, 2013, 05:07:08 PM »

They need a corner in the draft but they need the right guy. I think 13 is high enough to where you still have a selection of best players in draft. They need to be wise about what else could be out there. It doesnt HAVE to be corner, does it??
I don't think it has to be a corner, nor should it be. FA all the way for corner backs in my opinion. If no decent FA corners are signed then yes, it does HAVE to be corner at that point.

2 FA corners,
round 1: Dion Jordan
round 2: Tyler Eifert
round 3 or 4: best corner available?
« : February 21, 2013, 05:11:25 PM Pepsi »

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Milliner has torn labrum « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools