Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think we are in position to trade UP into top 10 for an impact player? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

swamp_bats

Starter
: February 21, 2013, 03:40:13 PM

We all know Dom likes to work the draft and make some trades, but they usually are for value reasons. Do you think the roster is good enough to sacrifice the chance to build depth and trade picks away to go get a major player yet? A guy to put the team over the top the way the Falcons went and grabbed Julio. Maybe go chase J Jones, Star or Milliner if you really think he is that much better than the rest of the CB's. Or are we better of dropping back to pick up more 2nd and 3rd rounders and improve more of the roster?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 21, 2013, 03:48:17 PM

Yes for a bunch of reasons. Young roster, cap room, extra 4th rounder.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 21, 2013, 03:52:01 PM

either approach works.  but dominik better be sure the guy he targets is worth it.

as every draft imo, theres a lot of talent in the top 10.  and there is a lot of talent in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

spurzo

Second String

#3 : February 21, 2013, 06:20:26 PM

There are only a few players worth it in my eyes but I will say this, it might be the perfect year to do it.  WIth no top qb's and everybody with a different favourite pass rusher it seems like you could trade up with a tentative team, like an Arizona, Buffalo or Tennessee.   If for some reason, Eric Fisher or Luke Joeckel dropped abit it'd be worth it to go get them and then move Penn to RT...best oline in the league.  Star Lotulelei would be the perfect fit for our D, big enough to play next to McCoy and take on the double teams, which he's been doing for two years. Plays the run well and can rush too.  Milliner, I'm not sure he's really worth trading up for...  CB class is close.  Damontre Moore and Ansah would also be worth it too in my eyes.  I think when all is said and done  Ansah will get drafted in the top 6

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 21, 2013, 06:54:41 PM

I believe the value of moving up this season was less(because lack of can't-miss talent at many positions besides defense), right?..anyhow, thought I saw that somewhere.

If above is true, dom would be more inclined to do so.

Although, at 13, I don't think he needs to move anywhere. He can trade it, or stay put and draft whatever corner is avalible. Any of the top three would suffice improvement. That, or he could just go BPA depending on what he does mid-march.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 21, 2013, 07:06:41 PM

Maybe go chase J Jones, Star or Milliner if you really think he is that much better than the rest of the CB's.

Idk what it is lately but the more and more I think about it, the more I think Banks is going to be a more productive pro than Milliner. Why are people so quick to write him off @ #13?
: February 21, 2013, 07:08:17 PM TampaBucks05

spurzo

Second String

#6 : February 21, 2013, 07:22:49 PM

I believe the value of moving up this season was less(because lack of can't-miss talent at many positions besides defense), right?..anyhow, thought I saw that somewhere.

If above is true, dom would be more inclined to do so.

Although, at 13, I don't think he needs to move anywhere. He can trade it, or stay put and draft whatever corner is avalible. Any of the top three would suffice improvement. That, or he could just go BPA depending on what he does mid-march.

I agree that since this draft doesn't have an elite top 10, the thought is that just sit pat and you'll get someone at 13 who's pretty similar to a top 5 guy.  But if there's a guy that we're totally sold on let's just say it's Milliner that you could approach a team like arizona or buffalo who are nervous drafting a QB at 7 or 8, and trade with them cuz they'd be happy to get another pick and it wouldn't cost as much as other years.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 21, 2013, 07:27:21 PM

Maybe go chase J Jones, Star or Milliner if you really think he is that much better than the rest of the CB's.

Idk what it is lately but the more and more I think about it, the more I think Banks is going to be a more productive pro than Milliner. Why are people so quick to write him off @ #13?

Because they don't know what they are talking about , and none of them watched Miss State games.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#8 : February 21, 2013, 09:04:10 PM

If he does, better be for DE Werner.

CTGuyton

Second String

#9 : February 21, 2013, 09:55:32 PM

Because they don't know what they are talking about , and none of them watched Miss State games.

That's it exactly. State gets no respect nationally, so their players don't get any coming out. IMO, Banks is the best corner in the draft this year. Of course, I may be a little biased, but I've watched him his whole career. He's a beast. The kid just plain makes plays.

zsmith22

Starter

#10 : February 21, 2013, 09:59:37 PM

I watched banks in person when he played Kentucky, and he was an absolute stud. He is Definetly worthy of the 13th pick.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 21, 2013, 11:09:10 PM

Someone said the other day, there is not much difference between the #5 pick and the #25 pick in this draft.  And I agree with that.  So I think Dom just lets the draft come to him at #13.

I would hope for Milliner there, but I don't think I would trade up for him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 21, 2013, 11:09:52 PM

more likely we trade down

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 21, 2013, 11:20:23 PM

more likely we trade down

Agree with that.  Especially if Milliner is gone.  Might as well trade back and get an extra pick or two, and get one of the other CB's  late in the first.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

spurzo

Second String

#14 : February 21, 2013, 11:29:07 PM

13 will be the perfect place to grab the player that slips abit... Whether that's milliner, J Jones, Werner, Floyd, Ansah, Star,  Moore, Eric Fisher...somebody will slip due to desperate teams forced to make dumb moves.  Atleast two qb's will be taken by the time 13 roles around too.  Qb's always get pushed up after they throw at the combine and pro days...  See Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert and Tannehill
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think we are in position to trade UP into top 10 for an impact player? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools