Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think we are in position to trade UP into top 10 for an impact player? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 21, 2013, 11:37:17 PM

13 will be the perfect place to grab the player that slips abit... Whether that's milliner, J Jones, Werner, Floyd, Ansah, Star,  Moore, Eric Fisher...somebody will slip due to desperate teams forced to make dumb moves.  Atleast two qb's will be taken by the time 13 roles around too.  Qb's always get pushed up after they throw at the combine and pro days...  See Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert and Tannehill

Geno could possibly go in the top 10.  I don't see any other QB going that early.  I don't even think Geno warrants that high a pick, but someone will reach.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 21, 2013, 11:41:18 PM

I believe the value of moving up this season was less(because lack of can't-miss talent at many positions besides defense), right?..anyhow, thought I saw that somewhere.

If above is true, dom would be more inclined to do so.

Although, at 13, I don't think he needs to move anywhere. He can trade it, or stay put and draft whatever corner is avalible. Any of the top three would suffice improvement. That, or he could just go BPA depending on what he does mid-march.

I agree that since this draft doesn't have an elite top 10, the thought is that just sit pat and you'll get someone at 13 who's pretty similar to a top 5 guy.  But if there's a guy that we're totally sold on let's just say it's Milliner that you could approach a team like arizona or buffalo who are nervous drafting a QB at 7 or 8, and trade with them cuz they'd be happy to get another pick and it wouldn't cost as much as other years.

Being that milliner has a long healing injury, I'd reach for banks. With milliner somewhat out of the picture, I fully expect banks to be the first corner taken.

I'm a believer that bpa and need have to coexist. Banks shows flashes of eliteness and he fills a giant need. I would take him over milliner anyway.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

spurzo

Second String

#17 : February 21, 2013, 11:44:27 PM

I don't think any of them warrant it either but Christian Ponder didn't warrant the 14th pick nor did Blaine Gabbert warrant the 10th pick, Sanchez at 5.  Ppl were surprised when Fins took Tannehill at 8.  Qb's get taken early by desperate teams

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 21, 2013, 11:52:11 PM

I don't think any of them warrant it either but Christian Ponder didn't warrant the 14th pick nor did Blaine Gabbert warrant the 10th pick, Sanchez at 5.  Ppl were surprised when Fins took Tannehill at 8.  Qb's get taken early by desperate teams

Absolutely, happens every year.  Hell....I hope Geno, Barkely, Glennon, Nassib, and Tyler Wilson all go top 10. That would be unlikely, but sure as hell would benefit the Bucs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 21, 2013, 11:53:53 PM

Being that milliner has a long healing injury, I'd reach for banks. With milliner somewhat out of the picture, I fully expect banks to be the first corner taken.

I'm a believer that bpa and need have to coexist. Banks shows flashes of eliteness and he fills a giant need. I would take him over milliner anyway.

take millner at 13 and then use our 2nd + 4th to draft banks.  that would free up our FA money to use on freeney and andre smith/loadholt.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

swamp_bats

Starter
#20 : February 22, 2013, 12:14:27 AM

Absolutely, happens every year.  Hell....I hope Geno, Barkely, Glennon, Nassib, and Tyler Wilson all go top 10. That would be unlikely, but sure as hell would benefit the Bucs.
Exactly what I hope. Geno to Eagles, Tyler Wilson to Cards, Glennon to Bills, and some badarse defensive stud falls right to us.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 22, 2013, 12:20:11 AM

Exactly what I hope. Geno to Eagles, Tyler Wilson to Cards, Glennon to Bills, and some badarse defensive stud falls right to us.

I think Nassib is more likely to the Bills,  but point taken.    Also one of those teams most likely trades for Alex Smith, so their first rounder will be free to use on another position.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 22, 2013, 07:05:13 AM

Maybe go chase J Jones, Star or Milliner if you really think he is that much better than the rest of the CB's.

Idk what it is lately but the more and more I think about it, the more I think Banks is going to be a more productive pro than Milliner. Why are people so quick to write him off @ #13?

Because they don't know what they are talking about , and none of them watched Miss State games.

That's it exactly. State gets no respect nationally, so their players don't get any coming out. IMO, Banks is the best corner in the draft this year. Of course, I may be a little biased, but I've watched him his whole career. He's a beast. The kid just plain makes plays.

Totally agree.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think we are in position to trade UP into top 10 for an impact player? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools