Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano : Dominik ran the draft in 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« : February 21, 2013, 08:49:08 PM »

Last year at this time, Bucs coach Greg Schiano was barely into his first month as the Bucs head coach. As can be expected, it was a whirlwind month for the former Rutgers coach, trying to get his family settled and taking a crash course in the draft.

Not this year. Schiano spoke about the difference a year makes in preparing for a draft before he got a chance to unpack his belongings at One Buc Palace.

“It is what I am most excited about. The personnel group, headed up by Mark Dominik, they do an awesome job. They were at the same spot, well, maybe Mark wasn’t because he was out hiring a head coach, but the rest of them were. Now, for Mark and myself, to be able to sit in our draft meetings and our pre-draft meetings in January and really get a read on kids and hear about the kids we will eventually be watching, you know, the young men, that is huge for me now to be looking out there and knowing a lot of these guys and watched film on them, not going it after the fact [after the combine], it makes it more enlightening for me when I get to sit down with them in interviews.”

Ah, so it was Dominik and his staff that were preparing for the draft and helped Schiano with a Reader’s Digest version of the draft. Yet Joe was told by many Schiano was running the draft and not Dominik, despite what Schiano has said to the contrary up to and including Thursday while speaking at the NFL Combine.

This year adds intrigue to the draft. With Schiano and Dominik coming together as one with full preparation, it will be interesting for Joe to see how this draft transpires not just the weekend of the draft, but roughly four years down the road.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=83698

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #1 : February 21, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »

Grain of salt.

I'm sure Dom was clamoring for Keith Tandy and that slow LB we drafted.....

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« #2 : February 21, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »

Damn that girl in the middle is hot! ^^

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #3 : February 21, 2013, 10:13:43 PM »

fo shizzle!!

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 21, 2013, 10:38:14 PM »

Last year at this time, Bucs coach Greg Schiano was barely into his first month as the Bucs head coach. As can be expected, it was a whirlwind month for the former Rutgers coach, trying to get his family settled and taking a crash course in the draft.

Not this year. Schiano spoke about the difference a year makes in preparing for a draft before he got a chance to unpack his belongings at One Buc Palace.

“It is what I am most excited about. The personnel group, headed up by Mark Dominik, they do an awesome job. They were at the same spot, well, maybe Mark wasn’t because he was out hiring a head coach, but the rest of them were. Now, for Mark and myself, to be able to sit in our draft meetings and our pre-draft meetings in January and really get a read on kids and hear about the kids we will eventually be watching, you know, the young men, that is huge for me now to be looking out there and knowing a lot of these guys and watched film on them, not going it after the fact [after the combine], it makes it more enlightening for me when I get to sit down with them in interviews.”

Ah, so it was Dominik and his staff that were preparing for the draft and helped Schiano with a Reader’s Digest version of the draft. Yet Joe was told by many Schiano was running the draft and not Dominik, despite what Schiano has said to the contrary up to and including Thursday while speaking at the NFL Combine.

This year adds intrigue to the draft. With Schiano and Dominik coming together as one with full preparation, it will be interesting for Joe to see how this draft transpires not just the weekend of the draft, but roughly four years down the road.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=83698

This board was full of people crediting the success in the draft to Schiano (even though he just arrived) or funnier yet, to Butch Davis.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #5 : February 21, 2013, 11:18:16 PM »

the anti-Doms will not like this.  but i guess they probably wont read it or if they do they wont believe it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : February 22, 2013, 03:52:47 PM »

This is something I found interesting  in CC's latest mock. (FWIW)

"Head coach Greg Schiano is the one that is really calling the shots and I think his inclination is towards Trufant, the corner with better man coverage skills."

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013charlie.php

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #7 : February 22, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »

I was thinking about this exact thing earlier. It is kinda ironic that in a year when we switched our entire coaching staff and the front office was too busy putting that staff together to put the usual amount of time and effort into the draft....we had our best draft in 15 years!!! Maybe we should just let Dom work with the scouts and run the draft from now on? I mean he did kill the top of the draft with no real input from the head coach. And the couple of picks that are credited to Schiano (Goode and Tandy) suck rocks. I'm kinda nervous that Schianoi might be a horrible drafter. I hope I am wrong, because he will obviously have much more of an impact on this draft.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 22, 2013, 04:53:48 PM »

I was thinking about this exact thing earlier. It is kinda ironic that in a year when we switched our entire coaching staff and the front office was too busy putting that staff together to put the usual amount of time and effort into the draft....we had our best draft in 15 years!!! Maybe we should just let Dom work with the scouts and run the draft from now on? I mean he did kill the top of the draft with no real input from the head coach. And the couple of picks that are credited to Schiano (Goode and Tandy) suck rocks. I'm kinda nervous that Schianoi might be a horrible drafter. I hope I am wrong, because he will obviously have much more of an impact on this draft.

The Martin and David picks were excellent. We now have 2 good impact players to build around from last years draft. Anytime you can get not just 1, but 2 of those from a draft..that's certainly something to hang one's hat on.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #9 : February 22, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »

The Martin and David picks were excellent. We now have 2 good impact players to build around from last years draft. Anytime you can get not just 1, but 2 of those from a draft..that's certainly something to hang one's hat on.

You left out  Mark Barron.. Lol

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #10 : February 22, 2013, 05:05:08 PM »

You left out  Mark Barron.. Lol

No....I didn't. He doesn't apply to the bold. It's possibly he could one day, but as of now, he is a liability in the passing game and missed too many tackles for someone who was pimped as an excellent run-stuffer. He will probably end up being a solid safety...but he won't come close to having the impact that Martin and David will, IMO.
« : February 22, 2013, 05:10:29 PM chace1986 »

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 22, 2013, 05:07:16 PM »

You would think with the way last years draft went Schiano would just tell Dom to do his thing. And I like what I hear about Stokes. Hopefully we have another strong draft.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #12 : February 22, 2013, 05:16:13 PM »

Even with Schiano's comments.....I find it hard to believe Dom decided to draft a safety in the first round all by himself. I still think Schiano had a hand in the selection of Barron.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #13 : February 22, 2013, 05:19:47 PM »

I was certainly one that believed Schiano was the orchestrator of the draft strategy and if I'm wrong then Dominik did his job well.....hats off.....now do that **CENSORED** again! :)

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #14 : February 22, 2013, 06:05:33 PM »

Yeah... sure... he wants us to believe that he didn't have a say in Ray Rice Jr. (Rutgers) being drafted (Doug Martin)... Keith Tandy.... and that slow LB....

....SuuuUUUuuure.........!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano : Dominik ran the draft in 2012 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools