Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano: Josh Freeman is our QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 22, 2013, 09:36:31 AM

He's going to say that of course, but no extension speaks louder than words. Freeman has this year to prove himself.

Exactly, if he's the man then where is the contract to enure you keep "the man".

You mean like the game Baltimore tried to play with Flacco last year. Probably cost themselves $50M.

Baltimore didn't play a game with Flacco. They offered him an extension with a solid salary before the season started and he declined.
: February 22, 2013, 09:39:01 AM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 22, 2013, 10:28:27 AM

Better to pay a premium price for a proven QB than pay a slightly less amount for a garbage QB.

It's easy to say the Ravens should have sign Flacco earlier, after the fact, but the reality is you need a QB to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is in fact "The man" before you give him a gigantic long term contract that will effect your franchise for the next decade. History shows that when you get it wrong, your entire franchise pays a heavy price for a very long time. So it is probably worth that extra $30M spread out of 5 or 6 years to wait and make sure he is the real deal.

Baloney. Bucs could structure the Freeman extension the sameway they do all the other big contracts: all the guaranteed money in the first 2 years so they have a parachute in the back end. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 22, 2013, 10:56:01 AM

As much as I have defended him, I dont think he deserves a new contract with us right now. I think he still has some things to prove. Like if he is actually the leader of this offense. I agree with many of the criticisms I just feel that he is on that border of being a real good player or nothing as a player. Its on him. Hopefully the staff knows what to do with him and he takes in the new information and works hard with it. I dont see why he wouldnt. I dont see why he cant turn his game around. We will find out soon.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano: Josh Freeman is our QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools