Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jermon Bushrod, Left tackle « previous next »
Page: 1

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

: February 22, 2013, 01:37:07 PM

@AdamSchefter: Saints do not plan to use their franchise tag on starting left tackle Jermon Bushrod. He will be an unrestricted free agent.

What do you guys think about going after him? He's an elite Left Tackle, and so many people here whine about Penn. He'll probably cost a lot, so do you guys think we have other pressing needs or is he someone we should try to sign.
: February 22, 2013, 01:58:51 PM bucs4eva

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#1 : February 22, 2013, 02:38:24 PM

That's going to be a lot of money tied up in the line. I don't know much about how contracts work, but I think we need to get Mike Williams locked down and bring in some sort of experience at CB, I'm okay with overpaying for a grimes or trufant...we just need to make sure we are not leaving guys off the street one on one with julio Jones and roddy white

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 22, 2013, 04:46:03 PM

Nope. As inconsistent as Penn can be, he plays at about the level that he is paid at, and he is solid enough of a LT to contribute to a championship team.

If we are going to be replacing any of the OLmen...it needs to be Joseph.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 22, 2013, 05:10:56 PM

Bushrod has a history with Nicks and is a good LT, but I agree that the money is better spent elsewhere.

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 22, 2013, 05:17:04 PM

I agree it would cost too much, and it might be a luxury pickup. But Bushrod is way better than Penn.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 22, 2013, 07:13:47 PM

Draft Lane Johnson. Start him at RT and swap him with Penn whenever he's ready. Draft the best C available in 2014. We need a younger and cheaper OL around Nicks and Joseph.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 22, 2013, 07:21:13 PM

I actually think Bushrod is average for a LT. Brees has a tendency to make his tackles look a LOT better than they actually are. Besides I have the feeling he reunites with Kromer in Chicago.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 22, 2013, 07:33:53 PM

What do you guys think about going after him? He's an elite Left Tackle, and so many people here whine about Penn. He'll probably cost a lot, so do you guys think we have other pressing needs or is he someone we should try to sign.

Dude, Bushrod blows balls.  Penn ain't no great shakes, but he's better than sorry-arse Bushrod.  He's only in Hawaii because his QB is quite possibly the best in the NFL at getting rid of the football.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 22, 2013, 07:38:39 PM

I don't think Bushrod is all that good. I think Brees just gets rid of the ball so fast that it makes Bushrod appear to be doing a good job.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jermon Bushrod, Left tackle « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools