Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can a Buc fan get a hand « previous next »
Page: 1

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
: February 23, 2013, 06:35:45 AM

Hey yall. As some of you may or may not know, Im an aspiring artist. CBC has a contest going on right now for all unknown artists for $20,000 towards music. Ive been at the top of the voting since the contest began, but in the past day, Ive skyrocketed down. Voting for the first leg ends tomorrow. If you guys could take the few moments to follow the link and vote for me it would be GREATLY appreciated. The song is called "Second Chances" and its by me, N!ck Freddy, featuring Steve Gardiner. Thanks in advance, and let me know if you like the track.

http://music.cbc.ca/#/Searchlight-Homestretch

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : February 23, 2013, 07:01:52 AM

sounds great - don't know much about Rap, but the music sounds very good in my opinion

: February 23, 2013, 07:03:37 AM Morgan

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#2 : February 23, 2013, 07:12:13 AM

Thanks Morgan. Ive got so many influences that my rap is very different from what most expect. That track actually samples "Girl On TV" by LFO, a late 90s pop track (my all time favorite song). Most rap nowadays is garbage, but I really do try to break all the molds and just be myself. Hopefully people take notice and buy in. The ultimate goal is to someday buy our Bucs. If Im able to achieve that, than every one of my professional goals will have come true as the amount of records Id have to sell and shows Id have to perform would far exceed even the wildest numbers Ive set for myself.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : February 23, 2013, 07:22:56 AM

I had to search the website with your name to find the song. I don't see how to vote without signing into the site. The link that you provided doesn't take you to your song (I don't think).

http://r3.ca/0ayz

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#4 : February 23, 2013, 02:45:21 PM

It should work/be on there somewhere. Ive sent that link out to many people via twitter, email, text, etc. and nobody else has had any issues with it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 23, 2013, 03:04:56 PM

You got my vote and good luck.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 23, 2013, 04:25:30 PM

I voted for N!ck Freddy. Dude is hardcore. I think. I didn't listen. But I did vote.

I wanted to vote twice but they mentioned something about Voter ID so I just flipped 'em off and stormed out.

Crazy Canadians w/ all their newfangled rules.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#7 : February 24, 2013, 05:15:38 AM

Haha. Thanks yall. I appreciate the support. Voting ends today (Sunday). You can vote once per IP address per day, so if you voted yesterday, another vote would be greatly appreciated. Any other devices you may have (your phones, other laptops/computers etc) that you can vote on would help me out ALOT as well. Thanks for all the support. Feel free to check out www.reverbnation.com/nckfreddy as well. And if you have an Android phone, theres now a N!ck Freddy app available (the ! may have to be switched to an i) that can get you all my latest tweets, updates, tracks, pics, etc. Thanks again to everybody whose supported it. I really do appreciate it, and I hope you guys are enjoying the music Im trying to put forth, even if its not your general style. Like I said, Im not your average rapper, got lots of pop/rock influences. Nowadays rap sucks. Nobody says **CENSORED** anymore. Its all **CENSORED**es, whips, money, and drugs. Thats not what Im trying to sell. Im just tryna be me. Thanks again.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#8 : February 24, 2013, 05:28:37 AM

Durango, the reason you couldnt vote again is because they (CBC, Canadas biggest station) dont want to have a bunch of people sitting at their computers for hours constantly voting, its a 1 vote a day max (per IP address). Theres $20,000 on the line to continue pursuing music, theyre not gonna give that away freely, as well as air time on CBC Radio, plus interviews and what have you.

On a side note, everythings been picking up since I made my move out here a couple months ago from Ottawa (Ontario, Canada). Ive got 4 shows coming up next month and a radio interview. Apparently people are starting to buy into the N!ck Freddy brand of music (maybe because Im not your everyday bull**CENSORED** rapper talking about nothing). Heres hoping. Thanks again for the support from all of yall. I really do appreciate, and I hope you guys are enjoying the music. Any comments/critisisms you may have, shoot em at me, either in here or through DM. Im always wanting to get better, so I encourage it all. If you have to tear me a new one, thats cool, just be real with me. Thanks again for the support/votes/input or whatever else I may be missing.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 24, 2013, 12:13:55 PM

Just voted for you again, GCB.

God I've never felt so alive!

(keep us posted on how it works for you)

C'mon guys give the man a vote. CBW, Biggs, Dolo stop hoarding the love and help out a fellow Bucs fan.

You stingy bastards.
: February 24, 2013, 12:16:48 PM Durango 95

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#10 : February 24, 2013, 03:58:14 PM

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. Last I checked I was sitting at #16, but its been going up and down faster than a **CENSORED** tryna cum in the past day and a half. Haha. Not sure how many artists from each region theyre taking for the second round so every vote is crucial at this point as voting ends today I believe.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can a Buc fan get a hand « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools