Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Cassel to push Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 24, 2013, 03:57:54 PM

Bring Cassel in for a COMPETENT BACK-UP.

Its really as simple as that!!

It would be that simple if Cassel was competent.

i'd take him over Orlovsky....and i just want competition, don't care who it is.

-------------------------------------------------------

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 24, 2013, 04:36:40 PM

Daniel O, runs out of the back of the end zone without realizing it?!
Hell, I bet OVER HALF of Cassel's 21 TO's were WRs/RBs/TEs having the ball bounce off their hands. The dude keeps playing.
9 were fumbles, he had maybe 3 that were tipped... Cassel is complete garbage.

"Balderdash!!"

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 24, 2013, 04:38:31 PM

Cassell stinks. But so does Gosh Freeman.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#33 : February 24, 2013, 04:44:16 PM

Its really as simple as that!!

It would be that simple if Cassel was competent.

i'd take him over Orlovsky....and i just want competition, don't care who it is.

You're one of the more reasonable fans... however Cassel ISN'T competent and if he is contending for your starting spot your season is over and Schiano might as well quit.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 24, 2013, 04:56:12 PM

The competition needs to come from a QB that could beat out Freeman and his lackluster crap.

If they think Free is going to caterpillar into butterfly this season they are nuts. The guy can't pass.  He can't be calm in the face if a blitz. He can't look safeties off. He doesn't pump fake. He refuses to run to extend drives. He loses weight to get slower and clumsier looking. He dresses up like a child molesting pop star.

He is awful against good teams.

Time to look for his replacement NOW rather than later. Draft a QB relatively early with the intent of improving your roster, not play mind games with Freeman who legit needs to improve and take his job seriously.

Soccer playing QBs who are afraid to get hit can suck it.  Freeman stinks. Bucs need a real QB with real passing ability. We have the best offense the Bucs have ever had, sans the QB.  Time to compete the picture. Look for a good prospect and get him at all costs.

When Freeman turtles up, you send his goofy azz to the bench where e can watch and learn how to play. Guy misses so many crucial throws. He is Tony Romo without the skill.
: February 24, 2013, 05:00:17 PM Boid Fink

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 24, 2013, 05:04:38 PM

The competition needs to come from a QB that could beat out Freeman and his lackluster crap.

If they think Free is going to caterpillar into butterfly this season they are nuts. The guy can't pass.  He can't be calm in the face if a blitz. He can't look safeties off. He doesn't pump fake. He refuses to run to extend drives. He loses weight to get slower and clumsier looking. He dresses up like a child molesting pop star.

He is awful against good teams.

Time to look for his replacement NOW rather than later. Draft a QB relatively early with the intent of improving your roster, not play mind games with Freeman who legit needs to improve and take his job seriously.

Soccer playing QBs who are afraid to get hit can suck it.  Freeman stinks. Bucs need a real QB with real passing ability. We have the best offense the Bucs have ever had, sans the QB.  Time to compete the picture. Look for a good prospect and get him at all costs.

When Freeman turtles up, you send his goofy azz to the bench where e can watch and learn how to play. Guy misses so many crucial throws. He is Tony Romo without the skill.

Just one problem: there aren't ANY QBs out there that are better-- and the rookie crop looks iffy at best. We're rolling with Freeman in 2013. There are NO better options....

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 24, 2013, 05:10:08 PM

Personally, I think there are QBs that can actually throw a ball much better than Free can.

Hell, Jason Campbell can throw a pass better than Freeman. And he faces a blitz with the same composure, but Campbell for as skinny as he is will take a hit.

I hate Jason Campbell. But Freeman will guarantee another crappy season.

There are options in the event Freeman decides to pull his turtle act. When he is throwing the ball like he is throwing a cardboard box into a strong wind with dilated eyes, you yank his poorly prepared azz off the field and send in some stability.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 24, 2013, 05:27:08 PM

Haven't read pages 2 or 3 so apologies if repeated. I think Cassel would be the kind of competition needed, however, I don't see the Bus spending the kind of money he would demand for what woud be a backup QB. That is not a slight on the bucs but I think Cassel would still demand mucho dinero and not the kind we should, or will spend.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 24, 2013, 05:29:37 PM

Not trying to bust your balls boid, but you're sure are laying it on thick with the freeman hate.

I Know you'd rather be wrong and freeman win the sb and all, but realistically, there simply isn't anyone out there that wouldn't have a) a learning curve, or b) has to adjust to the new system. Remember, for as good as you might think sully is, it took him several seasons with a manning.

You're tossing crap at a wall and seeing if it would stick if you were to start an unknown. Trouble is, if a fan gets turned on or a gust of wind just so happens to be going by, it might be you who has the poo on you.

Maybe you are right? Maybe freeman has been doomed from the start, where his "teachers" who started him, ruined him. As for me, I could believe that, but I've seen too many QB hunts in my bucs fan days to ever want to go back to that place.

Besides, if he stinks this season, we have many better QB's in next off season's draft. Plus, we don't have to do much work to get one. Well.. other than stink.

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#39 : February 24, 2013, 05:30:08 PM

Personally, I think there are QBs that can actually throw a ball much better than Free can.

Hell, Jason Campbell can throw a pass better than Freeman. And he faces a blitz with the same composure, but Campbell for as skinny as he is will take a hit.

There are options in the event Freeman decides to pull his turtle act. When he is throwing the ball like he is throwing a cardboard box into a strong wind with dilated eyes, you yank his poorly prepared azz off the field and send in some stability.

Here is where I stopped taking you seriously.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 24, 2013, 07:53:17 PM

Not trying to bust your balls boid, but you're sure are laying it on thick with the freeman hate.

I Know you'd rather be wrong and freeman win the sb and all, but realistically, there simply isn't anyone out there that wouldn't have a) a learning curve, or b) has to adjust to the new system. Remember, for as good as you might think sully is, it took him several seasons with a manning.

You're tossing crap at a wall and seeing if it would stick if you were to start an unknown. Trouble is, if a fan gets turned on or a gust of wind just so happens to be going by, it might be you who has the poo on you.

Maybe you are right? Maybe freeman has been doomed from the start, where his "teachers" who started him, ruined him. As for me, I could believe that, but I've seen too many QB hunts in my bucs fan days to ever want to go back to that place.

Besides, if he stinks this season, we have many better QB's in next off season's draft. Plus, we don't have to do much work to get one. Well.. other than stink.
There is no tossing of feces regarding my formulation of opinion.  It is called observation, and taking mental notes.  It is about watching and learning.  If your accusation of me being sensationalist were to have merit, in my eyes, is if I were to have made my assumption after watching him in Year 2.  There have beeb many manygames, in many years that have allowed me to formulate my own opinion regarding Freeman.  He is not improving, and he still cannot throw a football, make basic reads, throw a shoulder fake/pump fake, etc...all the things I have railed on him about before.  He gets scared.  You can see it.  I got busted for trashing his pressers, in which he sounded scared and unlike a leader...and now we all pretty much agree the guy doesn't have "it".  It is the same with Mike Clayton.  Busted his azz for years...and FINALLY after so many god damned years, people got the hint...he wasn't good.  I see the same thing in Freeman.  He just makes me go..."Gosh.  what the eff is he looking at.  What the heck is he throwing at.  Whaaat the hell was THAT?"  I see him as being a career backup type.  He has struggles with basic QB abilities, much less learning about a new offensive concept.  I just think Manning is a much better QB than Freeman is.  The guy is clutch, and can make reads.  And Freeman has never been able to, and now we are asking him to learn a complicated offense that took a much better QB YEARS to learn, and we are expecting great results?  Nah.  I aint buying it.

Freeman is not a Playoff Caliber QB, he folds like wet paper.  You will see the same thing out of him next year.And some of you will come around.  Others, like Bucballa85, will still bang on his drum.  "Gotta give him one more year...one more year..."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! :D :D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 24, 2013, 07:54:50 PM

Not a deep pass, I concede that.

But Campbell is a much better passer facing a blitz, throwing to a slot target, or hitting a mid range TE.  And that guy has had a new coordinator every year of his life.  And Campbell sucks.

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 26, 2013, 12:33:12 AM

Not a deep pass, I concede that.

But Campbell is a much better passer facing a blitz, throwing to a slot target, or hitting a mid range TE.  And that guy has had a new coordinator every year of his life.  And Campbell sucks.

I don't want to call you an idiot, but damn you're making it hard....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 26, 2013, 06:26:16 AM

Watch Freeman play lately? 

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#44 : February 26, 2013, 06:49:55 AM

Watch Cassell play lately?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Cassel to push Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools