Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Star Lotulelei has heart condition « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 25, 2013, 02:10:08 PM

And also apparently dehydration - he's been cleared to play.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 25, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

Not understanding the motivation to label this guy a bust before all of the facts come out. What's the rush? Why jump to conclusions so soon? He has been cleared to return to Utah and continue working out. I'm sure that more will be revealed prior to the draft.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 25, 2013, 10:46:08 PM

C'mon Hayseed - get with the program. He's done!

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 26, 2013, 01:16:16 AM

Yes, I forgot. In addition to being better than any GM in the league, some of the posters are also stellar cardiologists.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 26, 2013, 07:32:13 AM

Yes, I forgot. In addition to being better than any GM in the league, some of the posters are also stellar cardiologists.

All you do is come here and complain how others post. When someone shares a point of view that you disagree with, you play the "they think they are an expert" card.

Why do we always run on 2nd and long? And when we do, it seems like we never gain much yardage. I get that the OC has to keep the defense on their toes, but it doesnt help when we are consistently faced with 3rd and long. Lets mix it up a little.

Hold yourself to the same standard. If you think you can do a better job of calling the plays....

submit your resume.

You sir, are a raging hypocrite.
: February 26, 2013, 10:02:26 AM chace1986

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 26, 2013, 08:33:12 AM

Actually before you shoot your mouth off, some of us do have a cardiac backround and a low ef isn't just dehydration. He probably needs dietary modifications, still must be monitored and should avoid any alcohol or tobacco use. He may be fine in the long run. But you don't just ignore him hereafter.

In Verner We Trust

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 26, 2013, 03:35:18 PM

All you do is come here and complain how others post. When someone shares a point of view that you disagree with, you play the "they think they are an expert" card.

Why do we always run on 2nd and long? And when we do, it seems like we never gain much yardage. I get that the OC has to keep the defense on their toes, but it doesnt help when we are consistently faced with 3rd and long. Lets mix it up a little.

Hold yourself to the same standard. If you think you can do a better job of calling the plays....

submit your resume.

Yawn. I disagree with people who make rash, uninformed posts who then try to justify their opinions with.....well, lunacy. If I held myself to the same "standard" as you for instance, I would have insisted on Sullivan being fired rather than just making an observation on how he likes to run on 2nd and long. Or, I would've labeled a player a bust before he ever had a chance to play a pro down, based on a media report that didn't contain all of the information. If you can't see the difference, then I can't help you. Life without common sense is a rough life indeed. Hopefully, you are just ignorant enough not to realize it.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#22 : February 26, 2013, 03:42:55 PM

How far do you think StarLotulelei will fall?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 26, 2013, 04:16:35 PM

submit your resume.

Yawn. I disagree with people who make rash, uninformed posts who then try to justify their opinions with.....well, lunacy. If I held myself to the same "standard" as you for instance, I would have insisted on Sullivan being fired rather than just making an observation on how he likes to run on 2nd and long. Or, I would've labeled a player a bust before he ever had a chance to play a pro down, based on a media report that didn't contain all of the information. If you can't see the difference, then I can't help you. Life without common sense is a rough life indeed. Hopefully, you are just ignorant enough not to realize it.

You continue to be full of sh*t. Notice that another poster recognized your crap with the quote, "before you shoot your mouth off".

You fail big time when you try to lump me in with those that shout that Sully should have been fired when they were commenting in gameday threads, or people who said that Star is a "bust". Poor evaluation on your part. 

For the most part, people are reacting to a report, not the player overall. You fail to see the difference. The comments are made in the context of the thread. Meaning, that if this situation is as this report makes it out to be...then damn, we might want to avoid him...or damn, hope he eventually overcomes this. I have not seen anything relating to, "we should just take Star out behind the shed and put him out of his misery". Sure, no one said those exact words, but you have turned into our very own little drama queen on this board, and you certainly know how to turn a molehill into a mountain....all while moaning and pissing yourself every time you see something you disagree with.

Like I said, you are a huuuuuuge hypocrite. It's fine if you choose not to recognize it, or own up to it...few do.
: February 26, 2013, 04:22:38 PM chace1986

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 26, 2013, 05:14:25 PM

submit your resume.

You continue to be full of sh*t. Notice that another poster recognized your crap with the quote, "before you shoot your mouth off".

You fail big time when you try to lump me in with those that shout that Sully should have been fired when they were commenting in gameday threads, or people who said that Star is a "bust". Poor evaluation on your part. 

For the most part, people are reacting to a report, not the player overall. You fail to see the difference. The comments are made in the context of the thread. Meaning, that if this situation is as this report makes it out to be...then damn, we might want to avoid him...or damn, hope he eventually overcomes this. I have not seen anything relating to, "we should just take Star out behind the shed and put him out of his misery". Sure, no one said those exact words, but you have turned into our very own little drama queen on this board, and you certainly know how to turn a molehill into a mountain....all while moaning and pissing yourself every time you see something you disagree with.

Like I said, you are a huuuuuuge hypocrite. It's fine if you choose not to recognize it, or own up to it...few do.

I'm not one to pull a morgan and search the archives for hours on end, but in this instance hayseed is right. Media doesn't have all the facts. They tend to dramatize things. See: Manti Teo

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 26, 2013, 05:51:46 PM

Media gets stuff wrong all the time. No doubt. I was in no way defending or saying that the report was 100% true. That doesn't mean that opinions can't be given about it. Anytime there are reports of heart issues, and multiple outlets are reporting it, then there is cause for concern. Hayseed is just a little drama queen and like to pretend like everyone is calling this guy a bust, when most of the comments are talking about the report in general, or whether this news will cause him to fall in the draft.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 26, 2013, 08:09:39 PM

Definite pass.

Why is he a definite pass? One media report said that he would not be permitted to participate because of a heart condition discovered during the physical. Based on that one report, he's suddenly a "definite pass"? Why?

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 26, 2013, 08:15:12 PM

Actually before you shoot your mouth off, some of us do have a cardiac backround and a low ef isn't just dehydration. He probably needs dietary modifications, still must be monitored and should avoid any alcohol or tobacco use. He may be fine in the long run. But you don't just ignore him hereafter.

I believe the quote was "could have been caused by dehydration...". Did I say anything relating to the guys condition other than this was just an initial report and the initial report is often not the final analysis? If you are in the industry (which, for the record, I am not), I assume you would still not pass judgement without direct quotes from medical experts or a look at the man's chart.

As far as my "stellar cardiologists" comment...sure, I concede. Point to you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 26, 2013, 08:22:17 PM

Definite pass.

Why is he a definite pass? One media report said that he would not be permitted to participate because of a heart condition discovered during the physical. Based on that one report, he's suddenly a "definite pass"? Why?

For me personally, the potential of him having a heart issue seals it. I don't think Star is a need. If we stay at #13, that pick needs to be spent on a DE, OT, or CB. So this story is really a secondary issue for me, and not the primary reason why I believe we should not select Star.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 26, 2013, 08:26:58 PM

Im not sure how you come to the conclusion that I disagree with you about the player. I disagree with jumping to conclusions and presenting certainty based on those conclusions, which is exactly what you did when you said "definite pass".  That is certainty, not " if this situation is as this report.....we might want to avoid him." Uh, if thats the case, then yeah, I would agree. I would probably say he shouldn't play football at all IF THE REPORT WAS TRUE. You didn't take the time to find out if it was true. Instead, you'd already rendered judgement. It is that exact mentality; the impatience, the inability to wait for more information, or look at the bigger picture, which is why I disagree with you and many other posters on this board. Im not going to necessarily single you out and Im definitely not going back to do the "research" that you are so prone to do, but this is the exact type of mentality that led to many people saying stupid crap like Sullivan should be canned or better "get his act together" after the second preseason game, or that Martin was a wasted pick, or that Dom should be fired if he picks player X at #13. That childish crap brings down the IQ level of this entire board. It's an absolute joke.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Star Lotulelei has heart condition « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools