Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There are no free markets, by CBW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
: February 25, 2013, 02:10:31 PM

There you go, the floor is all yours CBW

This was your first statement:

There is no such thing as a "free market." Markets are the creation of government.
: February 25, 2013, 02:14:01 PM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 25, 2013, 03:08:57 PM

"There is no need to create a separate thread to debate it, "

I agree, just go ahead delete the thread.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 25, 2013, 03:33:05 PM

I was going to destroy the thread with explosive devices and then blame it on terrorists in airplanes, but don't tell anyone because its a secret.

Just kidding.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 25, 2013, 04:28:28 PM

"Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
― Milton Friedman ...That damn fascist !!....

...and  BTW Vince , that 1st statement is so incredibly stupid and easy to rebuke , I think you should change the thread title to "Shooting fish in a barrell "

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 25, 2013, 04:35:41 PM

I was going to destroy the thread with explosive devices and then blame it on terrorists in airplanes, but don't tell anyone because its a secret.

Just kidding.

Nice work, PBCBoy.  You took your own thread off topic by the third post.

lolz

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 25, 2013, 04:55:25 PM

Just kidding.

lolz

Buggsy, have you figured out yet that I didn't want Durango's  thread deleted or are you just too "dull". Lmao. C'mon, you can do it 1 plus 1 equals ....

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 25, 2013, 05:06:19 PM

There you go, the floor is all yours CBW

This was your first statement:

There is no such thing as a "free market." Markets are the creation of government.

For what it's worth, there were two modifications by CBW and they really seem to stem from CBW's "read what I mean, not what I write" style. The written statement was "markets are the creation of government" but what it appears CBW meant is the governments are responsible for the environment in which markets are created. Here's the first modification:

Governments coin the money that makes markets possible. They provide a legal infrastructure and court systems to enforce the contracts that make markets possible. They create and maintain the roads, rails, or airways that make markets possible. They provide the police and fire departments, and national security forces that maintain social order and sovereignty, without which, markets would not be possible. Businesses send their communications - from phone to fax to internet - over lines that follow public rights-of-way maintained and protected by government.

So, for example, government created the market in personal computing not Microsoft because it was the that provided, for example, the coins Bill Gates used to buy supplies .. uh.... yeah ....well ... Hmm

There's a second modification. More if the same:
Markets are created by humans and by definition they are created "free."

As I said, one could argue that a market can exist without government if you lived in a barter and trade society. In fact, those early "free" markets, created by people, were barter and trade markets. However, markets as we know them today didn't begin to manifest themselves until the governments of the world began to mint coins, and to imbue them with a relatable value, and until they created the legal infrastructures to enforce contract laws. The Code of Ur-Nammu, written by the ancient Sumerians, and The Code of Hammurabi, a set of laws implemented by a Babylonian king dating around 1800 BC is a perfect example of such an occurrence.

Modern markets are the creation of government. There is no need to create a separate thread to debate it, because to argue to the contrary is absolutely absurd, and can be refuted with a few short senteces.

Now Microsoft is owing to Hammurabi and the Sumerians....

Wow .....
: February 25, 2013, 05:12:05 PM VinBucFan

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 25, 2013, 05:17:07 PM

Just kidding.

lolz

Buggsy, have you figured out yet that I didn't want Durango's  thread deleted or are you just too "dull". Lmao. C'mon, you can do it 1 plus 1 equals ....

And now a second off-topic post in your own thread.  Message board caricature at work, folks.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 25, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

Just kidding.

lolz

And now a second off-topic post in your own thread.  Message board caricature at work, folks.

Buggsy, I am happy to talk "off topic"  in this thread, especially with you about your demonstrated inability to think. In fact, your posting that last comment is just further proof. Lol, you apparently like to give the club to your detractors. Have you figured out yet what 1 plus 1 equals?

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 25, 2013, 05:31:37 PM

**" I am happy to talk "off topic" "

Did The Pope Resign Because Of A Cross-Dressing Gay Priest Sex Ring?

When Pope Benedict XVI announced earlier this month that he would resign on February 28th, there was a lot of shock and confusion around the world. Was he dying? Was he fed up with the responsibilities of being pope? Was he pushed out? Or was there some scandal behind-the-scenes? According to a report in La Repubblica, there was quite a scandal: they allege the Pope resigned in part because of a report which claims gay Vatican prelates are being blackmailed by a network of male prostitutes.

http://gothamist.com/2013/02/23/did_the_pope_resign_because_of_a_cr.php

**Discuss

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 25, 2013, 05:48:04 PM

Go for it. This my thread for a topic that was started by CBW, it should ramble all over the place.

None of that will make Buggsy smart though

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 25, 2013, 05:50:17 PM

So you created this thread just to troll cbw and then derailed on the 3rd post?   classic

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 25, 2013, 05:55:13 PM

So you created this thread just to troll cbw and then derailed on the 3rd post?   classic

LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 25, 2013, 06:02:23 PM

And because I missed you

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 25, 2013, 06:04:51 PM

You guys can satisfy all your trolling urges ( or for Olaf trolling and stalking urges-lol) in this thread.  Have fun

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There are no free markets, by CBW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools