Boards > Pirate's Cove

Lightning Call 3:45 Presser...Guy Boucher Out?!? UPDATE...it was a made up story

(1/1)

Kodiak:
According to 620 WDAE, the Tampa Bay Lightning have scheduled a 3:45 pm presser today. Rumor has it that Guy Boucher might be out as head coach. I hope this isn't the case.

Morgan:
Sounds like Dumbdog faked some Lightning rumbling and SI ran with it. Pressor  might just be a show of confidence for Boucher. But I don't follow the Bolts much so maybe he will be canned....,.

Kodiak:
Yeah...while I am glad it isn't true...spreading a rumor like this just to say ha...got ya...is stupid.

dbucfan:
check the source - the home of stupid

Morgan:

--- Quote from: Kodiak on February 25, 2013, 02:57:12 PM ---According to 620 WDAE, the Tampa Bay Lightning have scheduled a 3:45 pm presser today. Rumor has it that Guy Boucher might be out as head coach. I hope this isn't the case.

--- End quote ---
you'd think the Bolts flagship wouldn't pull a stunt like that

BucBalla85:
I would shocked if they did this. Boucher is a good coach. Hes just got a young team right now. I like Cooper down in the AHL but Boucher is a good coach too. Weve seen what he can do with a veteran team. This team is not a veteran team. Its full of potential right now but this team isnt likely to win the Cup and may even miss the playoffs because they are so young. Although I think they are learning more as they go. Like I think Garon is easily the starter from here on out. Lindback is still learning imo. I think if they acquired a veteran defenseman or wing then they would increase their chances. We will see at the deadline.

Morgan:
Short season putting heat on NHL coaches and GMs

Tampa Bay Lightning

There have been rumblings for a while that GM Steve Yzerman, whose team took a step backwards last season, is no longer enamored with coach Guy Boucher. There's no saying how accurate that talk is, but Yzerman rebuilt the Lightning's defense and got a decent goalie, so should Tampa Bay not qualify for the playoffs or if he feels the season is in danger of going down the drain, Yzerman might make a change. He would have some options with both Ruff (a Team Canada 2010 cohort) available and highly-touted Jon Cooper continuing his successful work with Tampa Bay's AHL club.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl/news/20130222/nhl-coaches-gms-on-hot-seat/#ixzz2LwzGE19N

olafberserker:
best part was dumb dog trying to blame the SI guy ....

dbucfan:
one more reason to avoid 620

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version