Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lightning Call 3:45 Presser...Guy Boucher Out?!? UPDATE...it was a made up story « previous next »
Page: 1

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
: February 25, 2013, 02:57:12 PM

According to 620 WDAE, the Tampa Bay Lightning have scheduled a 3:45 pm presser today. Rumor has it that Guy Boucher might be out as head coach. I hope this isn't the case.
: February 25, 2013, 03:21:05 PM Kodiak

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : February 25, 2013, 03:14:46 PM

Sounds like Dumbdog faked some Lightning rumbling and SI ran with it. Pressor  might just be a show of confidence for Boucher. But I don't follow the Bolts much so maybe he will be canned....,.
: February 25, 2013, 03:44:45 PM Morgan

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 25, 2013, 03:21:55 PM

Yeah...while I am glad it isn't true...spreading a rumor like this just to say ha...got ya...is stupid.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 25, 2013, 04:22:07 PM

check the source - the home of stupid

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 25, 2013, 04:43:23 PM

According to 620 WDAE, the Tampa Bay Lightning have scheduled a 3:45 pm presser today. Rumor has it that Guy Boucher might be out as head coach. I hope this isn't the case.
you'd think the Bolts flagship wouldn't pull a stunt like that

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 25, 2013, 04:49:28 PM

I would shocked if they did this. Boucher is a good coach. Hes just got a young team right now. I like Cooper down in the AHL but Boucher is a good coach too. Weve seen what he can do with a veteran team. This team is not a veteran team. Its full of potential right now but this team isnt likely to win the Cup and may even miss the playoffs because they are so young. Although I think they are learning more as they go. Like I think Garon is easily the starter from here on out. Lindback is still learning imo. I think if they acquired a veteran defenseman or wing then they would increase their chances. We will see at the deadline.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 25, 2013, 04:54:49 PM

Short season putting heat on NHL coaches and GMs

Tampa Bay Lightning

There have been rumblings for a while that GM Steve Yzerman, whose team took a step backwards last season, is no longer enamored with coach Guy Boucher. There's no saying how accurate that talk is, but Yzerman rebuilt the Lightning's defense and got a decent goalie, so should Tampa Bay not qualify for the playoffs or if he feels the season is in danger of going down the drain, Yzerman might make a change. He would have some options with both Ruff (a Team Canada 2010 cohort) available and highly-touted Jon Cooper continuing his successful work with Tampa Bay's AHL club.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl/news/20130222/nhl-coaches-gms-on-hot-seat/#ixzz2LwzGE19N

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 25, 2013, 05:51:47 PM

best part was dumb dog trying to blame the SI guy ....

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 01, 2013, 01:16:54 PM

one more reason to avoid 620

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lightning Call 3:45 Presser...Guy Boucher Out?!? UPDATE...it was a made up story « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools