Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rhodes vs Trufant « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

CanadianBuc

Starter
#15 : February 26, 2013, 06:10:54 PM

This is what I think will happen on draft day:
1st Round: DT (Richardson, Hankins, Lotulelei)
2nd Round: D.Trufant - Trade Up and snag him (give up 4th + 7th)
3rd Round: L.Ryan
4th Round: DE
5th Round: RT
6th Round: WR

OR:

1st Round: D.Trufant (Trade Down)
2nd Round: DT (Okafor, S.Willaims
2nd Round: TE (Ertz, Eifert)
3rd Round: CB (L.Ryan, J.Poyer)
4th Round: RT (Aboushi, Pugh, Wagner)
4th Round: DE (D.Taylor, M.Buchanan)
5th Round: WR (A.Sanders, A,Dobson, C.Vernon)
6th Round: RB (R,Graham, K.Davis, R.Rouse)
7th Round: OLB (J.Knott, M.Clay)

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 26, 2013, 06:31:58 PM

I think it's a win win either way, but I prefer Rhodes. He's got the size of Patrick Peterson and not that far off speed wise.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 26, 2013, 06:36:17 PM

I'm not in love with any DBs in this draft, but I think that overall this class of DBs is very deep and very good. I'm really not concerned with what happens at the top of the draft. I like Rhodes, but if we don't get him...no biggie. I'm not 100% sold on him or any other DB. I'd almost rather sign a top free agent CB and then draft a couple CBs in the middle rounds.

Draft Aaron Donald

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 26, 2013, 06:45:09 PM

I'm not in love with any DBs in this draft, but I think that overall this class of DBs is very deep and very good. I'm really not concerned with what happens at the top of the draft. I like Rhodes, but if we don't get him...no biggie. I'm not 100% sold on him or any other DB. I'd almost rather sign a top free agent CB and then draft a couple CBs in the middle rounds.

I think the nice thing is that we've got depth so we can go, for example, 1 and 3 at CB or 2 and 3 and get quality players.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#19 : February 26, 2013, 06:59:01 PM

If we sign Sean smith or Derek cox than it gives us more options. Once we see what we do in free agency than we can narrow down what we will do

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#20 : February 26, 2013, 07:10:40 PM

I agree with this, but would also add that I'm not in love with any of the players likely to be available at our spot.  There's only a couple of elite players, and unless we make a big move up, we're going to be picking from players that have serious questions regarding their character, health, production, or athleticism.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 26, 2013, 07:10:55 PM

Actually Iś also take Honey Badger too, two bad asses at CB. Too many nice guys on defense.

I am "Hate".... and i fully endorse this message!!

-------------------------------------------------------

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#22 : February 26, 2013, 07:16:31 PM

Trufant.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 26, 2013, 07:20:20 PM

Trufant seems like the safer pick but Rhodes carries the better upside obviously. If we can get Sean Smith a (6'3 CB), I'd prefer us to go get the smaller Trufant to pair up.

Depends on who we already have from FA. If we get Derek Cox then the obvious pick is Rhodes.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 26, 2013, 07:29:20 PM

If we don't get revis, we had better get Rhodes or banks.

I don't care how deep the draft is with CBs, we've seen how "cheaper" works.

Either way, dom had better worry more about quality than quantity.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 26, 2013, 07:40:28 PM

Hell....we need quality AND quantity

-------------------------------------------------------

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 26, 2013, 08:14:17 PM

It's kinda funny how all the folks that wanted Banks, instantly turned into Trufant guys after a 40 yard dash. What happens when Banks runs a 4.4 at his pro day? Does everyone jump back on the Banks bandwagon?

Draft Aaron Donald

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 26, 2013, 08:16:31 PM

It's kinda funny how all the folks that wanted Banks, instantly turned into Trufant guys after a 40 yard dash. What happens when Banks runs a 4.4 at his pro day? Does everyone jump back on the Banks bandwagon?

It could happen. I wasn't on the Rhodes wagon until today, but the guy does have some speed to match his size.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 26, 2013, 08:23:33 PM

Rhodes shows speed and explosiveness today, but the real question was his agility. He didn't look real smooth in the position drills and he didn't do well in the 3 cone or shuttles....so I don't think he really did much to improve his stock. I think most people realized he had the speed but is a bit of a long strider. It doesn't appear he can break down in a small space and make quick changes in direction though....so I'm not sure where he ends up going on draft day. I still like him, but no more than I did before today. Still not 100% sold on him or any other CB.

Draft Aaron Donald

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#29 : February 26, 2013, 08:45:56 PM

It is kinda weird.

You would think most of them would've went to Rhodes

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rhodes vs Trufant « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools