Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rhodes vs Trufant « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 26, 2013, 08:59:52 PM

It's kinda funny how all the folks that wanted Banks, instantly turned into Trufant guys after a 40 yard dash. What happens when Banks runs a 4.4 at his pro day? Does everyone jump back on the Banks bandwagon?
It is kinda weird.

You would think most of them would've went to Rhodes

It's that four one-hundredths of a second. Some folks are just kookoo for cocoa puffs over the 40.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 26, 2013, 09:06:20 PM

It's kinda funny how all the folks that wanted Banks, instantly turned into Trufant guys after a 40 yard dash. What happens when Banks runs a 4.4 at his pro day? Does everyone jump back on the Banks bandwagon?
It is kinda weird.

It's that four one-hundredths of a second. Some folks are just kookoo for cocoa puffs over the 40.

I was thinking of a scenario where we took Banks in the 1st and Trufant in the 2nd, however, I don't see Trufant being available there after the combine. I think his Senior Bowl performance, coupled with his excellent showing at the combine is why he is moving up, not necessarily due solely to his 40 time.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

HolyBuc

Starter
#32 : February 26, 2013, 09:25:37 PM

I think we all agree we need a man corner that has ball skills.  Give me a corner who can make a damn play on the ball.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 26, 2013, 09:32:10 PM

I still think Banks is better, but between Trufant and Rhodes, I take Trufant all day.  I don't see Rhodes as more than a nickel corner in the NFL.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 26, 2013, 09:36:23 PM

I think we all agree we need a man corner that has ball skills.  Give me a corner who can make a damn play on the ball.

Agreed.

This is what i find most frustrating about Biggers. Often times, he's in the WR's hip pocket but his instincts & ability to make a play on the ball sux.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 26, 2013, 09:36:36 PM

I still think Banks is better, but between Trufant and Rhodes, I take Trufant all day.  I don't see Rhodes as more than a nickel corner in the NFL.

Why? He has shown he has the speed, size, and technique to hang on the outside with big receivers. Inside on quick little slot receivers is where he would get eaten alive. Rhodes as a nickel makes zero sense.
: February 26, 2013, 09:38:12 PM JDouble

smithcar

Starter

#36 : February 26, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

We may be able to get Rhodes/Trufant in the first then Banks in the second. Hopefully someone good in FA then we would be ready to play in our div.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 26, 2013, 09:39:25 PM

Can't play zone, has issues tackling one-on-one.  You might be right about the little slot receivers, but he's also extremely physical in press coverage, so could knock those guys off the routes, and would have backup on tackling in the crossing routes.  I just don't trust him against a #1 receiver at all in the NFL.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 26, 2013, 09:55:03 PM

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-breaks-down-the-DBs-who-struggled-Tuesday-at-Combine.html

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 26, 2013, 10:11:42 PM

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-breaks-down-the-DBs-who-struggled-Tuesday-at-Combine.html

I don't think there is such a thing (or at least extremely rare) that you would find a college DB who is NFL ready at the combine who ISN'T already considered a no-brainer, top 10 pick. That said, I imagine most would "struggle" in the context in which that article was written. At what point does the game tape factor into draft position?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 26, 2013, 10:14:32 PM

Agreed.

This is what i find most frustrating about Biggers. Often times, he's in the WR's hip pocket but his instincts & ability to make a play on the ball sux.

And that is why I'm still on the banks bandwagon. Regardless of physical stats the guy can indeed make plays.

My question now is, does Rhodes surprising 40 time really push him up the board? It should IMO. He's a bigger corner with speed, but I don't see the same ballhawking player that I do from banks. No doubt though, the kid (Rhodes) should be a darn good corner at the NFL level. Especially if he's coached up properly.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 26, 2013, 10:36:23 PM

It is kinda weird.

Less that than that Trufant also topped the charts on the agility scores AND most folks have seen him "win" the Senior Bowl as well. He's having a helluva offseason and seems like the more fluid and natural athlete at the spot.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 26, 2013, 10:52:24 PM

Would anyone be disappointed by Rhodes or Trufant in the first and Banks in the second?

In Verner We Trust

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 26, 2013, 11:33:46 PM

Would anyone be disappointed by Rhodes or Trufant in the first and Banks in the second?

I would. Two rookie CBs aren't going to make us better. I don't think using our first two picks on CBs is a good idea. I think using one of our first two picks and one of our mid to late round picks on CBs, along with signing a veteran free agent is the way to go.

Besides the four that everyone seems to be infatuated with (Milliner, Rhodes, Banks, and Trufant), there are half a dozen other CBs in this draft that are very good prospects. Those top four really aren't great, and the difference between them and the next 6 guys ins't that big to use our first two picks. There are a lot of solid CB prospects, but none that are elite...so this isn't the year to double dip with the 13th and 45th pick. Just my opinion anyways.

: February 26, 2013, 11:37:12 PM JDouble

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 27, 2013, 08:26:01 AM

Actually Iś also take Honey Badger too, two bad asses at CB. Too many nice guys on defense.

6th round flier.

Dude can play football, period. I hope we interviewed him to see if he has learned from his past. I saw a video on him when he was playing in LSU still. Seemed like a decent kid. I wonder if he just got in with the wrong crowd, fame has a way of bringing out the wrong crowd and he may have no been able or smart enough to stay away.

I'm just saying, let's make sure we kick the tires on honey.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rhodes vs Trufant « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools