Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: State your case for #13 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
: February 26, 2013, 08:22:05 PM

All viable players that could be picked at #13, chose one and state your case.

Jarvis Jones - Jones is the top defensive playmaker in the draft and the official medical report was a thumbs up. No one has perfected the sack fumble like he has.  Schiano wants versatile defenders that can play 4-3 and 3-4, we need a SAM, and we need pass rush. Killing a few birds with one stone. Addressing pass rush from the SAM allows Bowers and Clayborn to continue to develop and follows suit with our scheme of generating pass rush from the back 7.

Jordan

Ansah

Lotuleli

Werner

Trufant

Rhodes

Banks

Millner

Eifert

Floyd

Richardson

Vaccaro

Joeckel

Fisher

Johnson

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 26, 2013, 08:48:43 PM

I'm not stating a case for anyone, but I think this is the top ten. Subtract all those guys and it kinda limits the options.

Ezekial Ansah
Dion Jordan
Bjoern Werner
Luke Joeckel
Lane Johnson or Eric Fischer
Sharrif Floyd
Chance Warmack
Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen
Dee Milliner
Gino Smith or Matt Barkley
: February 26, 2013, 08:54:04 PM JDouble

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 26, 2013, 08:50:41 PM

I like  Milliner at #13, but after that 40 he ran, I think he goes top 5 now.

I hope we stay away from question mark guys this draft, so pass on Jones.

I like Trufant but not at 13, maybe in a trade back scenario.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ufcguy32

Starter

#3 : February 26, 2013, 08:55:01 PM

what if tampa picks matt barkley lol how pissed would u all be

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 26, 2013, 08:58:06 PM

I like the idea of drafting Ansah but this is only if we do not resign Bennett. If Bennett is resigned, I am really warming up to Trufant. I agree that it would be optimal to trade back to grab him later in the first but I have a feeling that he is going to rocket up draft boards after this week. He might be the 2nd CB taken overall behind Milner. Not being much of a gambler, I'd say take Trufant if he is there. If he turns out to be as good as expected, who cares if we reached?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 26, 2013, 08:59:41 PM

Super pissed. However, guarantee there would be about 10-15 posters on this board who would seriously love it. That's how delusional some of them are about Freeman.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 26, 2013, 10:13:45 PM

Well the concept was to weigh the pros of the top 15 and see who could make the strongest case, and possibly sway some votes ...oh well, I should no better than to think anyone here could ever stay on topic that long.......

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 26, 2013, 10:37:17 PM

Pissed would be an understatement. Barkley would just set us back another 5 years.

As for the OP. Let's go with Rhodes. Will probably be the best option available. Will have to see what is done in FA before that answer is final, though.
: February 26, 2013, 10:40:35 PM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 26, 2013, 10:47:07 PM

I would be happy with either Rhodes or Trufant at 13.

In Verner We Trust

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 26, 2013, 10:52:15 PM

Super pissed. However, guarantee there would be about 10-15 posters on this board who would seriously love it. That's how delusional some of them are about Freeman.

delusional is a very poor word choice

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 26, 2013, 11:14:05 PM

Man I don't even want to imagine that happening.

Northern Rep

Rookie

#11 : February 26, 2013, 11:16:40 PM

All viable players that could be picked at #13, chose one and state your case.

Jarvis Jones - Jones is the top defensive playmaker in the draft and the official medical report was a thumbs up. No one has perfected the sack fumble like he has.  Schiano wants versatile defenders that can play 4-3 and 3-4, we need a SAM, and we need pass rush. Killing a few birds with one stone. Addressing pass rush from the SAM allows Bowers and Clayborn to continue to develop and follows suit with our scheme of generating pass rush from the back 7.

Jordan

Ansah
Bennett is a FA, Bowers and Clay have suffered serious injuries and at this point none of our DEs look to be elite. While raw, Ansah would not have to be an instant starter behind our group of guys.Sack totals have near the leagues worst the past couple years. With Prototype size speed and strength, Ansah has the tools to be an elite DE and would allow us to maintain a rotation of fresh talented DEs. Additionally Bennett and Bowers could move inside on passing downs to get the most talent on the field

Lotuleli
Miller is a FA and Gibson is JAG. Star could be our nose for the future and is a great complement to McCoy. He has the size and strength to plug but also has the athleticism to rush the passer; a rare feat for a nose tackle. He will command double teams not draw them by default and can help other members of the line
Werner

Trufant

Rhodes

Banks

Millner

Eifert

Floyd

Richardson

Vaccaro

Joeckel

Fisher

Johnson

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 26, 2013, 11:33:51 PM

Shows how some are content with mediocre.

It also shows how some might be afraid of good competition.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 26, 2013, 11:42:21 PM

Shows how some are content with mediocre.

It also shows how some might be afraid of good competition.

All about good competition. I just don't think Barkley, or any QB in this draft, fits that definition. I think you are so eager for change, that you are blinded as to what mediocre really is. I think the only QB options available to really push Freeman to start and not take the offense a step back would need to be acquired via trade.

swamp_bats

Starter
#14 : February 26, 2013, 11:50:10 PM

Heck I don't know what I want anymore. My two fav guys both have health issues (J Jones, Star),. Prolly just wanna trade down now and grab extra picks. A few DB's looked good, but still don't like any of them @13.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: State your case for #13 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools