Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: State your case for #13 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 27, 2013, 12:02:02 AM

I vote Lane Johnson. He was a QB, then a TE, then moved to T.  He could replace Dotson and then bump Penn out of his job. He probably could play any position on offense, even be an emergency backup for Freeman if needed. I would even be OK with the Bucs trading up to get this guy. Richardson would be my second choice. Trading back for more picks and a DB would be my third.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

Out of the realistic guys on this list...

Banks - forget the physical stats with this guy for a minute, he's a ballhawk and has proved it at the college level.

Rhodes - his 40 time isn't something to be too pumped up about, but for a guy his size being able to run that fast is impressive.

Seems to me, either of these guys would give opponents fits, but they as different as night and day.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 27, 2013, 12:04:48 AM

I vote Lane Johnson. He was a QB, then a TE, then moved to T.  He could replace Dotson and then bump Penn out of his job. He probably could play any position on offense, even be an emergency backup for Freeman if needed. I would even be OK with the Bucs trading up to get this guy. Richardson would be my second choice. Trading back for more picks and a DB would be my third.

Would not be surprised if he ends up being our pick. I would be happy with it, too. Still, if we don't address the secondary in FA in this scenario then....WOW!

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

spurzo

Second String

#18 : February 27, 2013, 03:30:17 AM

I'm gonna make 4 in order of who would be best case

Dion Jordan - In my eyes he could solve two positional needs for us.  Play him SLB on first and second down, he can absolutely drop into coverage and handle tight ends and he would be an awesome blitzer considering how aggressive Schiano calls his defence. Anybody who watched him in drills at the combine saw how fluid he was back-pedaling and out in space.  On third down play him at DE and move Bennett (providing he's there) or Clayborn inside.  I've heard a bunch of ppl say he might be the best pure edge rusher based on his speed and flexibility to dip around the edge.

Ezekiel Ansah - I doubt he's there at 13 but if he was it'd be great.  Tons of potential, everyone's heard the JPP comparisons, he's a freakish athlete.  He could be an elite rusher and can be moved inside too, which they did at BYU.

Rhodes - Based on size, speed he might be the best athlete at the CB position since Patrick Peterson.  He fits our scheme to a tee, and is a solid tackler which Schiano demands.  The 40 answered speed questions, I still think his hips might be abit stiff but his physicality at line kind of makes up for it.  I'm fully sold on him and would be quite happy with him at 13.  I think it's the most likely pick for us.

Lane Johnson - It's crazy to see this guy move, hardly seems like an O-lineman.  He has prototypical size for a LT and to be quite honest I'm not entirely sure what's the difference between him Fisher and Joeckel.  Maybe he's not quite as strong but 6 months in a pro training regiment would solve that.  He becomes a cheap franchise LT and slide Penn over to RT which he'd excel at.  Boom, the league's best oline   

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 27, 2013, 03:58:30 AM

CB'S Dee Milliner Alabama, Desmond Trufant Washington, Xavier Rhodes Florida State, DT's Sharrif Floyd Florida, Sheldon Richardson Missouri, DE's Damontre Moore Texas A&M, Ezekiel Ansah BYU, OT's Lane Johnson Oklahoma, Eric Fisher Central Michigan anyone of the eight would be fine with me.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: State your case for #13 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools