Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't F--- With The White House Bob!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 28, 2013, 11:24:23 AM

Must be a slow news day

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : February 28, 2013, 11:38:16 AM

Regret could also mean you're going to regret being shown to be incorrect. I think Woodward is re-living his Deep Throat days.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 28, 2013, 11:39:02 AM

BTW, doesn't a deal constitute agreement on two sides? If the Republican angle is that the sequester is a bad thing, and it's the president's fault, because it was his idea, that kind of overlooks a vital aspect of what the definition of a "deal" is, which is an agreement between two sides for mutual benefit.

True, but seeing as the President threatened to veto anything that did not have the sequester in it, unwilling partner might be a more apt description.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : February 28, 2013, 11:59:00 AM

Obama was painted as a wet-behind the ears junior senator, know-nothing from Illinois when he was first elected.  Inexperienced community organizer is all you'd hear.   Sounds like a politically savvy individual now who won't be blown over by the rightwingers.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 28, 2013, 12:27:40 PM

Who gives a crap about Woodward he's been CIA for years.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 28, 2013, 12:55:39 PM

Obama was painted as a wet-behind the ears junior senator, know-nothing from Illinois when he was first elected.  Inexperienced community organizer is all you'd hear.   Sounds like a politically savvy individual now who won't be blown over by the rightwingers.

The right wingers are just as bad as the left wingers, but who cares about either?  None of that changes what is going on... well, unless we are in end justifies the means approach, in which case everyone loses

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

spartan

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 28, 2013, 01:01:24 PM

Being a gobs h i t e doesn't equate to a good decision maker.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 28, 2013, 01:18:18 PM

"Being a gobs h i t e doesn't equate to a good decision maker."

Ha!

That's a term of endearment I haven't heard in many years.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 28, 2013, 01:30:33 PM

Shocking that the facts matter less than what side you're on. Lol.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 28, 2013, 01:35:35 PM

The Pope's last days is bigger news at NBC and ABC

Whatever it takes to take the focus off the real issues in America.

Other than being a rock star, what's the purpose of the Pope that makes him this iconic, larger than life human being? If there is some sort of important role he plays in the world other than the insane amt of coverage he receives from literally being seen wherever, please tell me.
He's the spiritual leader of over a billion people.  Whether you  personally care a bit for Catholicism or not, his resignation really is big news.

Lol.... I'm Catholic. His resignation WAS big news a week or two ago. Anyway, the point - as I am sure you know - is not the level of "threat," it is the WH trying to intimidate an American icon to keep him from reporting THE TRUTH.

Lol, man we are a society sitting in camps.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 28, 2013, 02:03:15 PM

Lol.... I'm Catholic. His resignation WAS big news a week or two ago. Anyway, the point - as I am sure you know - is not the level of "threat," it is the WH trying to intimidate an American icon to keep him from reporting THE TRUTH.

It's still big news for a heck of a lot of people.  And again, as far as Woodward goes, read the actual quote.  That's not intimidation.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 28, 2013, 02:16:52 PM

It's still big news for a heck of a lot of people.  And again, as far as Woodward goes, read the actual quote.  That's not intimidation.

Who cares what you call it, it is the WH trying to prevent a reporter from reporting THE TRUTH

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 28, 2013, 02:24:04 PM

It's a shame that Bob Woodward got shackled up by federal marshals and extradited to Guantanamo Bay for writing that article. What, what? He didn't? Instead, he's making rounds on every major news outlet and using this "threat" to promote his latest article? Hmmm...

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 28, 2013, 02:28:28 PM

It's a shame that Bob Woodward got shackled up by federal marshals and extradited to Guantanamo Bay for writing that article. What, what? He didn't? Instead, he's making rounds on every major news outlet and using this "threat" to promote his latest article? Hmmm...

Lol, there's no one I can think of with less credibility on an issue like this than you. Nancy Pelosi and **CENSORED** Morris would both be embarrassed to be as much of a political hack as you.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 28, 2013, 02:29:45 PM

Who cares what you call it, it is the WH trying to prevent a reporter from reporting THE TRUTH
Prevent?  Not particularly.  Talk him out of espousing a viewpoint that Sperling didn't hold to be particularly accurate?  Sure.  The important thing is that there's no hint of threat, coercion, intimidation, force, whatever YOU want to call it it the text of that email.  There's nothing salacious about it, and interpreting it otherwise requires some fairly egregious out-of-context paraphrasing.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't F--- With The White House Bob!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools