Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trades that make sense..... Alex Smith will only be the first to go « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 28, 2013, 09:29:06 PM

I would drop a 3rd and Blount.  They would even take Benn.

Why on earth would they trade for guys that the Bucs will likely cut?

Why would anyone sign him long term until this season plays out to MAKE SURE HE CAN PLAY?

...cuz he's Revis island.

I don't think they should do this trade because of the contract this guy would command but he is still THE GUY that all CB's measure themselves by...ask Richard Sherman.
: March 01, 2013, 06:45:32 AM BucDaFackUp

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 28, 2013, 09:32:50 PM

Just read that he has missed parts of two training camps and threatened to hold out last year.

I don't want this piece of crap anywhere near the Bucs.  We have enough problems.  Don't need this prima donna.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 28, 2013, 09:43:56 PM

Just read that he has missed parts of two training camps and threatened to hold out last year.

I don't want this piece of crap anywhere near the Bucs.  We have enough problems.  Don't need this prima donna.

That won't happen again.  He would void that contract where he is a free agent agent after 2013 and the Jets CAN'T tag him.  That is huge for him. Jets and Tannehill were dopes for agreeing to that.  They wouldn't be in this mess now, they could just tag him every year if they couldn't agree to a long term contract.  They gave away their safety net.  No wonder Tannehill got canned.

As for those sayin he could be damaged goods.  That is easily takin care of in the new contract. He misses any games because of that knee,  doesn't get paid.

As far as reasonable contract, I am thinking 14-16 mil per.

We most likely draft a CB with that first rounder, so why not use it to get the best of the best.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 28, 2013, 09:44:06 PM

The guy is never happy.....pass!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 28, 2013, 09:49:01 PM

Still pretty young though.  27 IIRC.

And who wouldn't want out of the traveling circus known as the Jets.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 28, 2013, 09:53:00 PM

A 1st rounder only or the Jets can go pound sand...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 28, 2013, 10:14:05 PM

Dude is trouble and all about me me me.

No way Schiano takes this guy.

Tommy

Starter

#22 : February 28, 2013, 10:24:13 PM

I would be pissed if we make this trade. Revis is the Best player at his position but we are not ready to sell the farm to become a Super Bowl team. Besides this year is deep with talented linemen and a some depth at cb in the mid rounds

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 28, 2013, 10:32:32 PM

Dude is trouble and all about me me me.

No way Schiano takes this guy.

Is that you Richard Sherman?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 28, 2013, 10:34:13 PM

I would be pissed if we make this trade. Revis is the Best player at his position but we are not ready to sell the farm to become a Super Bowl team. Besides this year is deep with talented linemen and a some depth at cb in the mid rounds

Revis is only 27, so he would be around another 5-6 years.  He could be our Hardy Nickerson of the 2000"s

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 28, 2013, 10:56:29 PM

Still pretty young though.  27 IIRC.

And who wouldn't want out of the traveling circus known as the Jets.

Its the griping about his money every other year that turns me off

BucNCane

Second String
#26 : February 28, 2013, 10:59:06 PM

I think you guys are being too generous to the Jets. They have 0 leverage. Unless there are other teams offering a 1st AND can afford 16 mil/year, the price shouldn't be more than a second. The Jets gave their leverage to Revis by signing away their franchise tag ability. I would absolutely LOVE Revis here but I don't think the 13th overall is necessary. I'd say a 2nd this year or something like a 2nd this year and conditional first next year should do it.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#27 : February 28, 2013, 10:59:14 PM

A first this year, and a third next year,  I would be ok with, assuming he is willing to sign a reasonable long term contract. And pass a physical.

But if the Niners offered basically the same deal, its a no brainer he picks the Niners.  Better chance of postseason action.

What's reasonable?
14?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 28, 2013, 11:00:10 PM

Revis is only 27, so he would be around another 5-6 years.  He could be our Hardy Nickerson of the 2000"s

Or our Alvin Harper

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 01, 2013, 07:13:07 AM

You do know he blew his knee out, right?  So where does that come into your equation?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trades that make sense..... Alex Smith will only be the first to go « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools