Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why interview Barkley??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 28, 2013, 04:05:39 PM

Barkley will likely fall because he sucks rocks. Nassib, Wilson, and even Manuel should go before Barkley....but they are all fighting to be the tallest midget.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 28, 2013, 04:07:48 PM

Manziel? no thanks. wont translate to the NFL
bridgewater? meh
Mccarron? will get eaten alive when hes not surrounded with the kind of guys he has at bama who can overpower everyone they encounter

sometimes i think teams interview guys, especially QBs;  to put the seed of  doubt in other teams' minds in an attempt to fool them into trading up

Yea, Manziel wont translate at all.  That whole Russell Wilson, RG3, Kapernick experiment has been a bust from top to bottom.  I will agree with you on McCarron, Id rather have Aaron Murray over him.  Bridgewater is a stud tho.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 28, 2013, 04:08:19 PM

Bridgewater is probably a top 5 pick next year, if we end up being in the market for a QB I'd take him over any QB this year. Patience.

We definitley won't have a top 5 pick next year.

Never say never.  Say Freeman goes down in game one,  with a shoulder or knee.  And Orvlosky starts 15 games.  That could get ugly.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 28, 2013, 04:09:20 PM

bridgewater? meh
Mccarron? will get eaten alive when hes not surrounded with the kind of guys he has at bama who can overpower everyone they encounter

sometimes i think teams interview guys, especially QBs;  to put the seed of  doubt in other teams' minds in an attempt to fool them into trading up

Sometimes I think you're one of the only people that knows anything about football on here. Teddy Bridgewater isn't gonna be jack **CENSORED** in the NFL...what the hell do you people on this board see in him? Manziel is an awesome college player, I love that dude...but he's like 6 foot and a team is going to need to completely build their offense around him like Tebow. He doesn't have the arm that RG3 and Kaepernick have. McCarron will be a second or third stringer like every other past Bama quarterback.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 28, 2013, 04:13:24 PM

bridgewater? meh

They're no EJ Manuel, that's for sure.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 28, 2013, 04:18:58 PM

I think there is more to it than due investigating. Schiano wants competition, but not enough that it would cost him an arm and a leg.

That's where Barkley comes into play. He could fall all the way to the third round, so there is some reason to think schiano and dom would linger with the thought of bringing in the former first round hopeful. Besides that, I find it hard to believe schiano would want to operate with someone else's QB. He's not 100% in control of that situation, so he may choose to fix that. Freeman ponying up for a new agent sure makes it look like things are on the outs.

I personally don't believe he's that bad, and using a 2nd or third wouldn't be a horrible loss for a solid backup. However, he's not going to be rg3 or luck, so if they're thinking that, then maybe they need to be checked for adderall themselves. Their best bet would be to draft a top QB next season (when they are avalible).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 28, 2013, 04:23:26 PM

I agree with Dexmonkey; I think next year is gonna be a down year too when it comes to picking a QB. Right now i have Aaron Murray as the top ranked QB prospect.

Yup. Aaron Murray will be far and away, the best QB.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 28, 2013, 04:23:32 PM

bridgewater? meh

Last year they were sayin the same things about Wilson.  Too small, will get killed out there, won't be able to see over the line of scrimmage.   And Manziel is 2 inches taller than Russell.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 28, 2013, 04:26:49 PM

I agree with Dexmonkey; I think next year is gonna be a down year too when it comes to picking a QB. Right now i have Aaron Murray as the top ranked QB prospect.

Murray is terrible against teams with good defenses.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 28, 2013, 04:29:32 PM

bridgewater? meh

Sometimes I think you're one of the only people that knows anything about football on here. Teddy Bridgewater isn't gonna be jack **CENSORED** in the NFL...what the hell do you people on this board see in him? Manziel is an awesome college player, I love that dude...but he's like 6 foot and a team is going to need to completely build their offense around him like Tebow. He doesn't have the arm that RG3 and Kaepernick have. McCarron will be a second or third stringer like every other past Bama quarterback.
What don't you like about Bridgewater? When I watch I see good arm strength, Mobile, makes a variety of throws, accurate and him looking great against one of the best defenses in the nation isn't too bad either.
: February 28, 2013, 04:36:01 PM bucsquad

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 28, 2013, 04:35:26 PM

He wasn't terrible in the SEC title game vs. Bama.

That said, my comment said "will be". I think he is going to be on the Heisman watch all year and have success with the offense that is around him.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 28, 2013, 04:38:21 PM

murray is the only qb i like in next years class but i feel hes a late early second kind of guy. gonna be another meh class

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 28, 2013, 04:39:32 PM

He wasn't terrible in the SEC title game vs. Bama.

That said, my comment said "will be". I think he is going to be on the Heisman watch all year and have success with the offense that is around him.
Bama's defense wasn't good against the pass. They're built to shut down running teams, like Notre Dame. Zach Mettenburger passed for 299 yards on them. Murray's last two games against Florida he's COMBINED to throw for 319 yards, 47%, 3 TD, and 4 INT.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

McCoy93

Starter

#28 : February 28, 2013, 04:44:07 PM

I think a fair comparison for Murray would be Russell Wilson; Both aren't tall guys but they are pocket passers who can make the NFL type throws and can use their legs if need be. Like i said before a lot can change within the year i want too see how Johnny Football plays when he loses his top two tackles.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 28, 2013, 04:45:15 PM

bridgewater? meh

Last year they were sayin the same things about Wilson.  Too small, will get killed out there, won't be able to see over the line of scrimmage.   And Manziel is 2 inches taller than Russell.

wilson also played in a pro set at NC state and Wisconsin.

manziel is going to be like Tebow. great college player, bum in the NFL. manziel plays in a video game spread offense. he runs around like a fruit and then makes a play because people get out of position. he WILL get killed in the NFL. i dont tihnk hes going to have anything like the year he had this year now that teams know what to expect from him. his arm isnt very good either. i wouldnt be happy if my team drafted him.

@Biggs3535
why are you bringing manuel up? i didnt mention him at all so i dont see your point

i dont think most of the people on this board watch college football at all. they watch the combine and highlight videos and form opinions based on it. i see a ton of threads wanting to draft marquise goodwin early, the honey badger, and a ton of other subpar football players based on hype and highlights. if some people around here watched said players they know that for every highlight play they make 2 mistakes.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why interview Barkley??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools