Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Bucs game you have ever seen « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#30 : March 01, 2013, 09:23:44 PM

http://youtu.be/MPLbpEUgst4

How can you not love this?

Oracle

Starter

#31 : March 01, 2013, 09:25:11 PM

http://youtu.be/MPLbpEUgst4

How can you not love this?

Good choice!    Another Gruden magic moment.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#32 : March 01, 2013, 09:30:12 PM

Damn! Im getting fired up! Young Bucs should watch this:

http://youtu.be/6Swd6sSpg24

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 01, 2013, 09:39:33 PM

1998 Vikings lose their only regular season game was my favorite bucs non tournament game - gotta go with Conference Championship beating the Eagles

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Oracle

Starter

#34 : March 01, 2013, 09:40:35 PM

Damn! Im getting fired up! Young Bucs should watch this:

http://youtu.be/6Swd6sSpg24

That game had one thing bad about it.   It was the only game that Shaun King ever played well in and all of the King lovers used to point to that game to say how great he was.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#35 : March 01, 2013, 09:50:21 PM

http://youtu.be/58fSi7XQa44

I'm ready for kick off! Good feeling about our Bucs this year!

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 01, 2013, 09:55:43 PM

Someone mentioned the 89 game against the Bears...   Gotta agree.  I think that was the year Ditka called us the "pastel footwipes from the tropics..." and we beat them.  There may not have been as many wins back in those days, but they were awful sweet.  The Raiders game in 95 was good too- not on the same level as others being mentioned here, but it felt good to know we weren't ging to have double digit loses  for once.

Oracle

Starter

#37 : March 01, 2013, 09:58:11 PM

http://youtu.be/58fSi7XQa44

I'm ready for kick off! Good feeling about our Bucs this year!

The good thing is that when they finish in last place in the NFC South again, you can always watch the old games from seasons prior to Raheem Morris and get excited again.

Then the following year when they replace Freeman, you can be truly excited because they will make the playoffs again for the first time since the Gruden years.

Oracle

Starter

#38 : March 01, 2013, 10:02:40 PM

There may not have been as many wins back in those days, but they were awful sweet. 

So true.   For whatever reason, wins back then were much more fun than now.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#39 : March 01, 2013, 10:04:02 PM

EAD Java Sock Puppet. Your life is sad. If I was the religious type, I'd pray for you.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 01, 2013, 10:14:24 PM

I don't remember what year it was for sure, but probably mid 90's.  We knocked off the Packers late in the season and of course there were a ton of Packer fans.  I just remember rubbing it in good on the way out.   Also Bryant's 62 yard FG to beat the eagles.   Obviously NFCCG and Super Bowl.   Rams Monday Night Game and just about any game in which Sam Wyche was twirling his finger in the air.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#41 : March 01, 2013, 10:27:31 PM

I don't remember what year it was for sure, but probably mid 90's.  We knocked off the Packers late in the season and of course there were a ton of Packer fans.  I just remember rubbing it in good on the way out.   Also Bryant's 62 yard FG to beat the eagles.   Obviously NFCCG and Super Bowl.   Rams Monday Night Game and just about any game in which Sam Wyche was twirling his finger in the air.

Oh Gawd!!!   I loved the fans mocking Wyche with the twirling finger in the air!  I don't remember the game, but I DO remember watching a lousy game and  suddenly hearing this humming sound.  It got louder and louder until we realized the fans behind the bench started mimicking his finger twirling and "woooing" after each offensive snap.  It got bigger as the game wore on.  EPIC!  The next game or so he started hoding up a fist to motion for the same personal instead of his fiinger twirl.  Truly a classic moment.

Wyche was quite a kook.

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#42 : March 01, 2013, 10:29:47 PM

EAD Java Sock Puppet. Your life is sad. If I was the religious type, I'd pray for you.

+1  How many new accounts has he opened? Like 3 or something? No life....

Oracle

Starter

#43 : March 01, 2013, 11:06:00 PM

Oh Gawd!!!   I loved the fans mocking Wyche with the twirling finger in the air!  I don't remember the game, but I DO remember watching a lousy game and  suddenly hearing this humming sound.  It got louder and louder until we realized the fans behind the bench started mimicking his finger twirling and "woooing" after each offensive snap.  It got bigger as the game wore on.  EPIC!  The next game or so he started hoding up a fist to motion for the same personal instead of his fiinger twirl.  Truly a classic moment.

Wyche was quite a kook.

You liked that twirling thing?   I was at that game (i attended all games back then) and hated that the fans mocked our head coach in that game.   I've always though Wyche was a good head coach, and that was disrespectful.    Buc fans rarely ever realize who is good and who isn't.   They make fun of guys like Wyche who brought in Sapp, Brooks and Lynch and led the Bengals to the Super bowl in the past.   But they love guys like Shaun King.   They also think replacing Gruden with Heemy is smart.   Go figure.

: March 01, 2013, 11:08:46 PM HesOnly25_26_27

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#44 : March 01, 2013, 11:36:18 PM

Wyche was quite a kook.

You liked that twirling thing?   I was at that game (i attended all games back then) and hated that the fans mocked our head coach in that game.   I've always though Wyche was a good head coach, and that was disrespectful.    Buc fans rarely ever realize who is good and who isn't.   They make fun of guys like Wyche who brought in Sapp, Brooks and Lynch and led the Bengals to the Super bowl in the past.   But they love guys like Shaun King.   They also think replacing Gruden with Heemy is smart.   Go figure.

Yep, I got a kick out of it.  Durring a bad game it gave me something to laugh at and be entertained by.  Don;t get me wrong, Wyche didn't have a bigger fan than me while he was here and I recognize his contributions to this team.  Heck, I was on of the many people who were at Tampa Stadium to watch him announced as our head coach on the back of a flat bed semi.  He was a nice and likeable guy as far as I could tell.  But he was prone to the bizarre at times.

Twirling your finger in the air and going "woooo" is hardly an awful or mean disrespectful tragedy.  It was a genuine display of frustration for a disapointing product.  I am sure Sam could handle the "abuse"  for God's sake, he continued to live here for how ong after he was fired?  He might even still have a home here, I'm not sure.

And I just want to point out- Tampa Bay hardly has a monopoly for being wrong or mean.  The Giants fans hated the Phil Simms pick.  Philly fans booed McNabb (and mny many others).  Dolphins fans were eager to get rid of Shula at the end to bring in Johnson, who they were SURE would deliver them a Super Bowl.  Even after winning his first title people we dying to drive Couglin out of NY.  Rams fans couldn't wait to get rid of the wasted pick that was Bettis.  Dallas fans were outraged that Jones replaced Landry with that idiot Jimmy Johnson.  And by the way, didn't Packer fans once hang their coach's dog?  Just sayiing...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Bucs game you have ever seen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools