Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Bucs game you have ever seen « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Sailing2smth

Starter

#15 : March 01, 2013, 03:09:45 PM

Not for the game, but this young man...

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 01, 2013, 03:32:31 PM

Tampa VS Indy in 2003. Bucs lost but what a game, complete with one of the most epic 4th qtr comebacks in league history. Really chapped my a$$ at the time, but in hindsight I see now that it was an incredible game.

I'm pretty sure you're delusional..........we did not play Indy in 2003.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#17 : March 01, 2013, 03:40:49 PM

Tampa VS Indy in 2003. Bucs lost but what a game, complete with one of the most epic 4th qtr comebacks in league history. Really chapped my a$$ at the time, but in hindsight I see now that it was an incredible game.

I'm pretty sure you're delusional..........we did not play Indy in 2003.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=231006027

There you go buddy.

vicious00cycle

Starter
#18 : March 01, 2013, 04:00:46 PM

Thanks Chris! I was pretty sure it was in '03, it was the loss that sent our season spiraling out of control coming off a SB win. But what a game! Barber returning the pick to put Tampa up 35-14, 4 minutes and some change left in the game, and a stingy Bucs D..... Felt like it was a win for sure lol. Also Dungy's first trip back to Tampa. Great stuff. Except for the loss of course.

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

vicious00cycle

Starter
#19 : March 01, 2013, 04:02:34 PM

I'd also say that the game against Washington was a classic as well. You all remember the one, A-Train pounding it up the middle for the Two-point conversion... Classic.

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 01, 2013, 04:17:00 PM

I'd also say that the game against Washington was a classic as well. You all remember the one, A-Train pounding it up the middle for the Two-point conversion... Classic.

During the 2005 season I believe. Then the Bucs lost to the same redskins in the playoffs at home.

vicious00cycle

Starter
#21 : March 01, 2013, 04:25:06 PM

That playoff loss was a terrible game to watch. No spark, no rhythm, nothing until late in the 4th and then the refs robbed us of the tying TD.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 01, 2013, 04:29:49 PM

Yea and I thought we were the better team too. They just didnt play their best until later.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 01, 2013, 06:07:03 PM

I was at the game where the Bucs beat GB in OT on Sunday Night Football when it was freezing cold outside at the Old Sombrero.

the coldest i've ever been in my life!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 01, 2013, 08:54:13 PM

I'm going to skip the obvious ones, and pick a couple of obscure ones that stand out at my favorites.  1998 at home against the Vikings- a high scoing one and very satisfying beating the undefeated juggernaut that was the Vikes offense that year- felt sure we would lose that.  Also favorites- 1986 and 88 at home against the Bills.  Oldies but goodies, only  the truly old school will probably remember them.  Those were dark times and beating anyone was fun, but beating the Bills in two very different games was a blast.  One was high scoring and close, the other a Defensive struggle something like 10 to 2 or 12 to 5- some odd score with a safety somewhere in there.  I remember the 86 win was like an amazing high walking out of the stadium.

Please tell me someone else remembers those games.....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 01, 2013, 09:02:05 PM

The Vikings game was a classic for sure. If i recall correctly, we never punted in that game.
: March 01, 2013, 09:03:36 PM Hate

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 01, 2013, 09:11:00 PM

A few:
1997 vs 9ers. Sapp took out Rice and Young. That game signaled the beginning.
2000 vs Rams. MNF. Classic
NFCCG @ Philly
Loved last years game vs Carolina. Freeman's TD to Jackson is one of the most clutch throws I've ever seen.

Some others:

Forget the year but Bryant's last second, 60 plus yarder vs Philly will always be special.
1999 @ Seattle. Defense dismantled a hot Seahawks team.
2002 @ Baltimore. Double. F'n. Nickel!

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 01, 2013, 09:15:08 PM

The Vikings game was a classic for sure. If i recall correctly, we never punted in that game.

Ooohhh. That's a good one. Vikes were undefeated and looked unstoppable leading up to that game. 15-1 that season. Only loss to the Bucs. Love it

Also enjoyed the inaugural game vs Philly at the Linc. Thought we were going to repeat. Sigh. 

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 01, 2013, 09:19:33 PM

Ooohhh. That's a good one. Vikes were undefeated and looked unstoppable leading up to that game. 15-1 that season. Only loss to the Bucs. Love it

Both Dunn and Alstott over 100 yds each

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 01, 2013, 09:20:54 PM

Good one, great game.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Bucs game you have ever seen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools