Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Bucs game you have ever seen « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Oracle

Starter

#45 : March 01, 2013, 11:59:10 PM

That finger twirling incident was the final game of the season I believe against the Lions.   (they won their previous 6 home games before that one that year, so you couldn't be referring to any of them as a bad game.)   I was also there at the stadium the day they signed Wyche.   I even had my picture take with him and got him to sign it.   I have nothing but respect for that man.   At that point in the season, the media was calling for his head.  Although he went 6-2 at home that year, he lost almost every road game.   Fans are so easily manipulated by the media.   When the media is calling for the coach's head, so will the fans.   I thought the finger twirling thing was disrespectful and actually a detriment to our possible success in that game because Wyche ended up changing the signal mid game due to that.

After that Lions game, we were thoroughly pissed off at Wyche as well.   We didn't twirl our fingers and didn't even worry so much about the loss, but we were upset that he put Weldon in the game near the end replacing Dilfer.   At the time, we felt that Dilfer's development was the key to the team's future success.   We went over to Tampa Bay Center after the game for some pizza and some radio station was there.   The radio guy walked over to us and asked us to go on the air and dedicate the next song to our girlfriend if we didn't mind.    We asked him which song he was going to play and he said it was Staying Alive by the Bee Gees.   My brother decided to do the dedication on air.   So when he got on the air, he said "This song is dedicated to Sam Wyche, because after that game today and thinking Weldon may be the answer, he's gonna need it."   Then they played Staying Alive.    The radio guy thought that was funny so he went over and got a t-shirt for each of us.       

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#46 : March 02, 2013, 01:31:29 AM

I have got one more. December 6, 1992. It was my first Bucs game ever. I remember my dad taking me to the game. I was still a 49ers fan growing up but the Bucs were catching up after living in Tampa for several years.

The Bucs played the Rams and the Bucs were taking the Rams to the woodshed. Testaverde was having a big game and Reggie Cobb, Mark Carrier, and Tiji Armstrong were all over the field. The Bucs were up 27-3 at the half.

The guy behind me was a season ticket holder and I vividly remember him telling me that I was a good luck charm and that the Bucs had finally turned the corner. The Bucs went on to give up 28 unanswered points and lost 31-27...and my indoctrination as a Bucs fan was complete...lol.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#47 : March 02, 2013, 01:38:07 AM

I was at the game where the Bucs beat GB in OT on Sunday Night Football when it was freezing cold outside at the Old Sombrero.

the coldest i've ever been in my life!!

I hear ya. I went to that game in shorts and my Hardy Nickerson jersey. My buddy had just moved down from New Hampshire and went with me. Neither of us thought the cold would be a big deal as we both liked cold weather. By the time the cold front passed and those northerly winds picked up...it was crazy cold. And our tickets were in the curve of the Old Sombrero just above the endzone seating so the wind came right at us. We were in the very last row with our backs to the wall and right next to security. One of the security guards saw two guys a couple rows up smoking pot and asked for a hit to stay warm...lol.

CANTCME

Second String

#48 : March 02, 2013, 02:06:41 AM

I flew in from San Francisco to see the Eagles vs Bucs game, that ended with the Matt Bryant 61 yd fg! and my seats were in the endzone of the fg! That was my first Bucs game in Tampa and it is something I'll never forget

Oracle

Starter

#49 : March 02, 2013, 02:36:02 AM

I have got one more. December 6, 1992. It was my first Bucs game ever. I remember my dad taking me to the game. I was still a 49ers fan growing up but the Bucs were catching up after living in Tampa for several years.

The Bucs played the Rams and the Bucs were taking the Rams to the woodshed. Testaverde was having a big game and Reggie Cobb, Mark Carrier, and Tiji Armstrong were all over the field. The Bucs were up 27-3 at the half.

The guy behind me was a season ticket holder and I vividly remember him telling me that I was a good luck charm and that the Bucs had finally turned the corner. The Bucs went on to give up 28 unanswered points and lost 31-27...and my indoctrination as a Bucs fan was complete...lol.

You think that was a "best" game?    You know what's funny about that one?    I had a feeling the Rams would come back and the Bucs would lose.   I bet my brother 10 dollars at 5 to 1 odds at halftime the Bucs would lose.   So I made 50 bucks off that game.    It's also the only game I ever left early for.   I left at halftime due to a horrible migraine.   

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#50 : March 02, 2013, 02:43:06 AM

I won't say best game...but it was very memorable for me.

Oracle

Starter

#51 : March 02, 2013, 02:44:51 AM

I won't say best game...but it was very memorable for me.

Kind of like that Colts game in 2003 or the Cards game in 87 where the Bucs collapsed in the 4th quarter.

http://www.bucpower.com/1987game8.html

http://www.bucpower.com/2003game4.html

Memorable for me also only because they are hard to forget.   Only difference being the refs robbed the Bucs in that Colts game.  Bucs should have won that one.   The Rams and Cards games, the Bucs just lost them.
: March 02, 2013, 02:48:04 AM HesOnly25_26_27

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 02, 2013, 07:51:45 AM

Bucs Rams Monday night , no doubt .

Honorable Mention :

: March 02, 2013, 07:54:50 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#53 : March 02, 2013, 10:35:04 AM

You think that was a "best" game?    You know what's funny about that one?    I had a feeling the Rams would come back and the Bucs would lose.   I bet my brother 10 dollars at 5 to 1 odds at halftime the Bucs would lose.   So I made 50 bucks off that game.    It's also the only game I ever left early for.   I left at halftime due to a horrible migraine.   

So you bet against the Bucs in a game they were up by 24 points and you're complaining about fans mocking the head coach?  hmmm

Oracle

Starter

#54 : March 02, 2013, 11:12:47 AM

So you bet against the Bucs in a game they were up by 24 points and you're complaining about fans mocking the head coach?  hmmm

It's the only time I ever bet against the Bucs from 1976 through 2008.   I just had a feeling they were going to lose that one.

I will admit I've bet against the Bucs plenty from 2009 through 2012.    Then again, I've won a lot of money doing that.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#55 : March 02, 2013, 11:17:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=njlBDjg9B-Y&feature=endscreen

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#56 : March 02, 2013, 03:31:09 PM

I was at the game where the Bucs beat GB in OT on Sunday Night Football when it was freezing cold outside at the Old Sombrero.

the coldest i've ever been in my life!!

The coldest game for me was 89, in the old Tampa Sadium against Pittsburgh.  I think it was Christmas eve.  That was coldest day of my life.
The hottest game was against the Chiefs when Joe Montana made his debut.  That day was brutal.  People were droping left and right from the heat.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#57 : March 02, 2013, 03:35:16 PM

Just devastating game.  I remember Curtis BUckley was the little power lifter special teams ace that year, and scored a TD on a fumble I think.  After that game Floyd Peters and Wyche began to have issues some say.

Oracle

Starter

#58 : March 02, 2013, 08:53:51 PM

The hottest game was against the Chiefs when Joe Montana made his debut.  That day was brutal.  People were droping left and right from the heat.

That game was strange.   I've never been any any game before or after that one where you literally saw people passing out from heat exhaustion frequently.     You see it happen on occasion, but not like that game.   The problem was the stadium ran out of water right around halftime and it was hot as hell.

Oracle

Starter

#59 : March 03, 2013, 07:32:58 AM

I will say that was the game where I realized Montana was definitely more than a product of the 49er system.   He played great that game.   He was throwing deep all day long.   I never saw him do that on the 9ers.   
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Bucs game you have ever seen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools