Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maybe Tampa should stockpile some options for next years class... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

vicious00cycle

Starter
: March 01, 2013, 04:29:41 PM

From all the 2014 Mocks, and articles on some of the best talent coming out next year that I've read, maybe Tampa should consider grabbing more picks for next year. Trade out of the first, possibly the second round all together and grab some extra ammunition for next year. Thoughts?

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

swamp_bats

Starter
#1 : March 01, 2013, 04:40:00 PM

I always like the idea of setting yourself up for the next years draft. New England did it great there for several years. However we need players now and there are good players in this draft that could go a long way to putting us over the hump. We need CB, DT, WR and TE pretty bad so we can't really can't afford that strategy yet. Best left for playoff teams.

vicious00cycle

Starter
#2 : March 01, 2013, 04:46:25 PM

I think we can plug a few holes with FA this year and grab some young, promising talent in later rounds. We'll get back some guys from injury and even when we were banged up we were 6-4 and had one of the top-rated offenses in the league at one point last year, so it's not like we're just dreadful. Just my opinion though

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 01, 2013, 04:55:43 PM

I've been on board for trading out of the first completely depending how things look when we get near the clock in round 1 and would be more than happy with another 1 next year.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 01, 2013, 05:38:39 PM

Next year, I see Penn and Joseph traded for extra picks and salary dumps to the toon of $13 million.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 01, 2013, 05:42:34 PM

So many "elite" prospects projected as of today.

Teddy Bridgewater QB
Jake Matthews OT
Taylor Lewan OT
Jadeveon Clowney DE
 Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE
Bradley Roby CB and Marcus Roberson are top 10 guys easily and both were better than Milliner this year.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#6 : March 01, 2013, 05:44:30 PM

Next year, I see Penn and Joseph traded for extra picks and salary dumps to the toon of $13 million.

I understand Penn but why Davin Joseph he is still good, I mean unless he gets injured why not leave him on the team

swamp_bats

Starter
#7 : March 01, 2013, 06:16:57 PM

So many "elite" prospects projected as of today.

Teddy Bridgewater QB
Jake Matthews OT
Taylor Lewan OT
Jadeveon Clowney DE
 Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE
Bradley Roby CB and Marcus Roberson are top 10 guys easily and both were better than Milliner this year.
And last year this time Barkley and that NC state db Amerson where can't miss. Things change. We need players now.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 01, 2013, 06:25:43 PM

The Bucs may need players now, but the team doesn't have an aging core and Schiano signed a five year contract. We all want the team to have a good season next year, but it's not life or death to go 8-8 without a 1st round pick instead of 9-7 or 10-6 with one. The decision makers should have enough cushion to be able to make moves for the long term.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

yvespo

Rookie

#9 : March 01, 2013, 06:34:52 PM

I wouldn't be mad at trading out of the first round, the niners have 15 picks this year which is incredible. A top 15 team picking might give up a lot to pick 2 times that early in the round

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 01, 2013, 07:01:17 PM

15 picks????  How'd that happen?????

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#11 : March 01, 2013, 07:05:47 PM

So much changes in a year. That class might not be as good as it seems

Players who were top 10 locks are borderline 1st round players after a year.

No thanks

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#12 : March 01, 2013, 07:07:10 PM

examples from this class:

Matt Barkley
Manti Teo
David Amerson
Landry Jones
Ricky Wagner
: March 01, 2013, 07:09:48 PM MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 01, 2013, 07:10:37 PM

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 01, 2013, 07:17:06 PM

If we kill free agency this year and we can be put in a good position to trade up for Clowney with 2 first round picks then I'm down for that idea.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maybe Tampa should stockpile some options for next years class... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools