Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maybe Tampa should stockpile some options for next years class... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 01, 2013, 07:20:44 PM

examples from this class:

Matt Barkley
Manti Teo
David Amerson
Landry Jones
Ricky Wagner
Smart people knew those players weren't going to be top prospects before a month ago.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 01, 2013, 07:38:10 PM

Let's revisit this question after FA.

Turn the page.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 01, 2013, 07:39:37 PM

Matt Barkley
Manti Teo
David Amerson
Landry Jones
Ricky Wagner
Smart people knew those players weren't going to be top prospects before a month ago.
Ditto.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 01, 2013, 09:18:55 PM

Next year, I see Penn and Joseph traded for extra picks and salary dumps to the toon of $13 million.

I understand Penn but why Davin Joseph he is still good, I mean unless he gets injured why not leave him on the team

To be sure, I happen to like both players, however, neither are getting any younger. Penn typically comes into caamp out of shape, plays himself into shape has a good first half of the season, then tapers off.  He is around 30 years old. Joseph on the other, is in shape, but also around 30 and has trouble playing the full season. They both make around $6 million a year. Right now, they both have some trade value as All Pros, maybe 4th round picks each. Finally, Bob Bostad didnt hand pick them and my guess is that he wants eight linemen that he has hand picked to protect the QB and open holes for Martin. Just my opinion.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 01, 2013, 09:31:28 PM

theres a lot of good players next year but you cant leverage the future on speculation. we have holes RIGHT NOW that we need to fix. the Patriots got away with it because they had a very strong team year after year. we have a team that is very young and deficient in many areas. accumulating picks works when you can afford to do it. we cant afford to do it. weve got a lot of players that need to be upgraded

bashear

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 01, 2013, 09:36:22 PM

theres a lot of good players next year but you cant leverage the future on speculation. we have holes RIGHT NOW that we need to fix. the Patriots got away with it because they had a very strong team year after year. we have a team that is very young and deficient in many areas. accumulating picks works when you can afford to do it. we cant afford to do it. weve got a lot of players that need to be upgraded
Pretty much sums up my thinking.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#21 : March 01, 2013, 10:30:55 PM

Matt Barkley
Manti Teo
David Amerson
Landry Jones
Ricky Wagner
for guys like Amerson, Wagner and Jones, they were highly praised prospects a year ago. Teo is the only one who's stock has taken a drop in the past month.

A guy like Clowney is hard to imagine not being the real deal, but the QBs of next year could easily falter just like the Barkely's and Locker's of years passed.

These guys coming out are a gamble even with 3-4 years of play to study. Skipping this years prospects based off 1-2 years of play for next years prospects doesn't seem very sound

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 02, 2013, 12:09:33 AM

Next year, I see Penn and Joseph traded for extra picks and salary dumps to the toon of $13 million.

I understand Penn but why Davin Joseph he is still good, I mean unless he gets injured why not leave him on the team

First, +1 Rusty.

Second. BF18, Davin Joseph has not been "good" since 2008. He has been on a downward spiral every since his foot injury. Yes, there was certainly a time when Davin was a good guard, but that time is not now. He is overpaid and constantly injured. I would much rather hang onto Penna year or two longer than I would Joseph. At least Penn will play like a All-Pro for portions of the season. Yes, Davin was selected to the pro-bowl in 2011....but 2011 was one of his worst years as a Buc. He was constantly pushed around and blatantly whiffed on blocks that required him to pull or be quick on his feet. The factors that led to his pro bowl selection were that he got a big deal before the 2011 season started, his draft status as a 1st rounder, and the fact that the Bucs were not in the spot light so Davin's struggles were not ever seen by many of those who voted...all they remembered was that he was drafted high and just got a big deal...too bad the reality is that Dom got conned big time.

vicious00cycle

Starter
#23 : March 02, 2013, 12:17:52 AM

I see that we have questions on offense. Can't really see any real holes on that side of the ball. Another year in Sullivan's scheme would paint a clearer picture of where we have deficiencies. So I don't think we need to pound the panic button on that side of the ball this year. As for defense, clearly we need corners. Some depth at DT and at End as well. A lot of issues we can get cleared up in FA. And bringing in a rookie corner and starting him right away is just as likely to leave the fan base as frustrated as not taking one in the first or second round. Again, it's all subject to opinion, but I feel like this is one of those down years for the draft where more guys will become depth than plug-and-play stars.

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

Oracle

Starter

#24 : March 02, 2013, 02:59:17 AM

In my opinion, the Bucs should trade away this entire draft for draft picks next year if possible.   this is a garbage draft, and next year is golden.   Also trade away Josh Freeman, Mason Foster, Mark Barron, Donald Penn, and Davin Joseph while they still have some value for draft picks next year.   Don't sign any free agents this year either.   The aim is to go 0-16 to ensure the first pick in the draft in 2014 to get Johnny Football.   The Bucs could start a dynasty with the 2014 NFL draft.   Go for 0 in 2013 and do it right!

Psych

Starter

#25 : March 02, 2013, 03:51:30 AM

Pull a Mike Ditka and trade all our draft picks to get Clowney.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 02, 2013, 04:51:34 AM

If it's to make sure we nab Johnny football, I'm down.

Also, to consider this proposal, I would have to be insured that FA goes very well (especially CB's).

Of course, I'd rather revis island be traded for, or newbies Rhodes, Ryan, and/or banks, but having an upper hand in next years draft is certainly a sweet thought as well.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

antcam

Rookie

#27 : March 02, 2013, 06:12:08 AM

In my opinion, the Bucs should trade away this entire draft for draft picks next year if possible.   this is a garbage draft, and next year is golden.   Also trade away Josh Freeman, Mason Foster, Mark Barron, Donald Penn, and Davin Joseph while they still have some value for draft picks next year.   Don't sign any free agents this year either.   The aim is to go 0-16 to ensure the first pick in the draft in 2014 to get Johnny Football.   The Bucs could start a dynasty with the 2014 NFL draft.   Go for 0 in 2013 and do it right!
What if decides not to declare for the draft?  I also think T Bridgewater is the better pro prospect.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 02, 2013, 01:50:43 PM

What if decides not to declare for the draft?  I also think T Bridgewater is the better pro prospect.
Don't  take that troll seriously.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 02, 2013, 10:07:08 PM

WHAT?!?!? No mention of Tebow? I'm disappointed in you Java!

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maybe Tampa should stockpile some options for next years class... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools