Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Flacco and Ravens reach deal.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

youngone

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 01, 2013, 08:29:02 PM

Joe Flacco's deal with Ravens will clock in at six years and $120.6 million, a bit more than Drew Brees' in almost every way....Schefter

Lmao what??
This sh!t is getting ridiculous! Players are going to be the death of football... Eventually fans are going to stop paying ridiculous $$$ for tickets to watch this game.

For supposedly successful business men, they sure get caught up in the moment and do stupid things. If Moore batted down that Hail Mary against Denver, there is no way in hell he gets even close to that kind of money. He isn't that good.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 01, 2013, 08:31:43 PM

Freeman is better than Flacco.  If I were Alabama I wouldn't take Flacco over... whoever they're QB is.  That's how bad Flacco is.  I don't even know who the QB is at Alabama and I'd choose him over Flacco.  The Flacco stinks.

Flacco is one of the 5 worst QB's in the NFL.  Guy is awful.  I've never said that about Freeman.  Outside of Tebow, Quinn, Cassel, or Charlie Batch, I don't think I'd take Flacco over any other QB in the NFL.  Ok, that might be too far.  I'd probably take him over all the 3rd string guys and many 1/3 of the backups.  So, out of 96 QB's, I'd rank him about 50.  Freeman in is the the 15-20 group.

Flacco stinks.  The Ravens don't even want him back.  That's why they are letting his contract run out.  They're going to replace him this April.

I'd give him league minimum.  The guy can't play.

Flacco stinks.  The Ravens don't even want him back.  That's why they are letting his contract run out.  They're going to replace him this April.

Flacco isn't going anywhere!!

Then neither will the Ravens.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 01, 2013, 08:32:56 PM

Lolz

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 01, 2013, 08:33:44 PM

If you have a QB capable of consistently getting you to the playoffs, the money might be worth it. Ask teams like the Chiefs, Raiders how they feel about their QB situation.  Both teams have tried to get their franchise QB by trading away draft choices and spending a lot of money - what do they have to show for it.

Ravens know they have a reliable QB and think it's money well spent.

Morgan, you are absolutely right.... and i couldn't agree more.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 01, 2013, 08:58:50 PM

The rest of the AFC North have to be happy. The Ravens will be strapped paying for a QB that is at-best above average.

Flacco better than Brees? Give me a break.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 01, 2013, 09:00:18 PM

Flacco better than Brees? Give me a break.

Who said that??

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 01, 2013, 09:14:51 PM

Freeman is better than Flacco.  If I were Alabama I wouldn't take Flacco over... whoever they're QB is.  That's how bad Flacco is.  I don't even know who the QB is at Alabama and I'd choose him over Flacco.  The Flacco stinks.

Flacco is one of the 5 worst QB's in the NFL.  Guy is awful.  I've never said that about Freeman.  Outside of Tebow, Quinn, Cassel, or Charlie Batch, I don't think I'd take Flacco over any other QB in the NFL.  Ok, that might be too far.  I'd probably take him over all the 3rd string guys and many 1/3 of the backups.  So, out of 96 QB's, I'd rank him about 50.  Freeman in is the the 15-20 group.

I'd give him league minimum.  The guy can't play.

Flacco isn't going anywhere!!

Then neither will the Ravens.

Nice to know I have a fan.  Flacco still stinks.  Unless they surround him with 21 solid players, he's not good enough to carry a team.  That stretch where they were something like 2-4 this year when their defense was just average is proof of that.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 01, 2013, 09:31:15 PM

Nice to know I have a fan.  Flacco still stinks.  Unless they surround him with 21 solid players, he's not good enough to carry a team.  That stretch where they were something like 2-4 this year when their defense was just average is proof of that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 01, 2013, 10:04:47 PM

I know its a lot.  But the guy just had a nice playoff run.  Protected the ball.  And he stays healthy.  Gotta pay him.

Next year this time, I hope I am sayin that ^^^^  about Freeman.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 02, 2013, 07:23:06 AM

Lol Biggs.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 02, 2013, 10:18:09 PM

He won't be the highest paid QB for long.  Aaron Rodgers will top that.  Maybe even Matt Ryan.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 04, 2013, 07:08:59 AM

$52mil guaranteed? Damn!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Flacco and Ravens reach deal.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools