Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs want Blount back, and are considering placing a first-round tender on him « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 05, 2013, 10:47:58 AM

That high of a tender for a guy who they hardly remembered was on the active roster has to mean protecting him for a trade.
Everyone talks about in a package for Revis but what about the Rams?
Fisher admitted that letting Blount go was one of the biggest mistakes he made in Tennessee and now that Jackson has voided his contract they have to be looking for a replacement back, plus they have all those picks to use somewhere.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 05, 2013, 10:48:34 AM

Schiano might like the character of Blount for all we know but at some point his lack of preparation hurts his chances of being on the field.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 05, 2013, 11:06:18 AM

"Increase" Blount's perceived value to work a trade...   2nd round tender makes sense as an insurance policy.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 05, 2013, 11:53:21 AM

Q: Now that RB Michael Turner has been released from the Falcons, could he be a possible player that the Bucs could go for in free agency along with trading LeGarrette Blount?

Chuck, Tampa

A: I really doubt it. The Bucs want Blount back and will tender him as a restricted free agent because he's young, healthy, has very little tread wear and has the potential to be a 1,000-yard rusher. Turner is plenty good, but he's not as young as Blount and he was released after failing a team physical. Could be he's not all that healthy either.

I think somebody forgot what year they were in.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 05, 2013, 12:33:15 PM

I got some love for Marky Mark. But does he have an unbiased perspective on our players? I am starting to wonder. A first round tender for Blount? LOL.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 05, 2013, 01:04:30 PM

I met Blount not that long ago. He seems like he really likes being here and likes Schiano. I asked him about what its like playing for him and he said hes actually a really cool guy despite what the media says. That he tells you exactly what he wants you to do and its up to you to do it. He seemed like he had his head on strait and said he is getting ready for next season. I told him he needs to start running over dudes again and play like he did in the GB game. He laughed and said that was one of his favorite games but would have been had they won.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 05, 2013, 01:22:27 PM

I assume this is cummings talking/assuming...

"... The Bucs are considering placing a first-round tender on Blount..."

Pretty sure that didn't come from Dominik's face.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 05, 2013, 01:50:56 PM

Blount got 1,000 yards behind that 2010 OL. Just imagine what he could get this year.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 05, 2013, 02:03:07 PM

Blount is capable of being a good runner with Schiano coaching him up. Give him time and his skills will come together. I say this because I believe he can be a force with experience.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 05, 2013, 02:38:24 PM

Minus last season I think the final ATL game said a lot. The game meant nothing win or loss and Blount still road the bench. Unless they plan to revamp the playbook and scheme, he will not be featured in the game. Just like the notion of us having a receiving TE.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs want Blount back, and are considering placing a first-round tender on him « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools