Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL NETWORK SPECIAL ON MATT BARKLEY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 03, 2013, 12:41:29 PM

NO

USC qbs never pan out.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 03, 2013, 12:59:24 PM

USC qbs never pan out.

I'm not a huge Barkley fan, but I hate when people use this line of thinking.  I remember when that faulty logic was tossed around about Percy Harvin and Florida WR's.  It's foolish.

Barkley will fail or succeed because of Barkley, not because of what the previous players at his college did.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 03, 2013, 01:01:51 PM

USC qbs never pan out.

I'm not a huge Barkley fan, but I hate when people use this line of thinking.  I remember when that faulty logic was tossed around about Percy Harvin and Florida WR's.  It's foolish.

Barkley will fail or succeed because of Barkley, not because of what the previous players at his college did.
Barkley also had a turd of a coach at USC. I personally think Barkley will be fine in the NFL.

McCoy93

Starter

#18 : March 03, 2013, 01:21:45 PM

I don't like to associate Prospect QB's and their school and how they will turn out in the pros. Remember the Tedford QB's at University of California? I remember some people were scared of taking Aaron Rodgers due to the lack of success of U of California QB's in the NFL. I think Rodgers turned out fine

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 03, 2013, 02:14:24 PM

USC qbs never pan out.

my problem with USC qbs is that they work with a ton of elite talent in college and dont play a really tough schedule. the PAC12 doesnt play good defense like other conferences and they dont get to experience really scary defenses except possibly in a bowl game. when they get to the NFL they cant take average guys and elevate their play. thats why i dont like USC qbs.

the best qbs come from less prestigious prgrams and are used to working with average to below average talented guys. when they get to work with elite tier players they take off.

Rothlisberger
Brees
Rodgers
Freeman(yes i know you hate him but he had nothing to work with at Kstate and is now throwing for over 4000 yard with decent receivers)
Rivers
Wilson
Luck

these guys didnt have USC caliber receivers in college and have all done pretty well in the pros. none of them came from powerhouse programs

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#20 : March 03, 2013, 02:50:18 PM

Just so I'm clear on this, OP saw a camcorder clip from a high school game and now there are ZERO concerns about his arm strength?

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 03, 2013, 03:00:23 PM

Just so I'm clear on this, OP saw a camcorder clip from a high school game and now there are ZERO concerns about his arm strength?
It wasn't a camcorder clip. It was NFL NETWORK following his high school rival game, MATER DEI vs SERVITE. Huge rival game every year in S. Cal..

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#22 : March 03, 2013, 03:03:33 PM

He'd be an upgrade from Freeman.    I'd still rather have Tebow starting at QB for the Bucs.

This is why you're an idiot and know NOTHING about football. Now get back under the bridge before I report you Java, HesOnly, DaBerg, whatever you go by these days.

LOL

Not a big Barkley fan.  I was reading somewhere the Cardinals were pretty impressed with him.  So if they snag him at #7,   all the better for the Bucs.

They have done so well with USC guys.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#23 : March 03, 2013, 03:11:37 PM

It wasn't a camcorder clip. It was NFL NETWORK following his high school rival game, MATER DEI vs SERVITE. Huge rival game every year in S. Cal..
so it had higher production value than a camcorder. It's still a high school game from over 4 years ago

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 03, 2013, 03:27:36 PM

NO

USC qbs never pan out.

Carson Palmer?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 03, 2013, 03:48:19 PM

so it had higher production value than a camcorder. It's still a high school game from over 4 years ago
and it's still an impressive throw, high school or not.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 03, 2013, 04:18:25 PM

NO

USC qbs never pan out.

Carson Palmer?

very underwhelming. to be fair he did lose alot when he tore his knee up

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 03, 2013, 04:51:54 PM

NO

USC qbs never pan out.

That's what they used to say about Cal QB's after Kyle Boller and before Aaron Rodgers.

Every player is different.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 03, 2013, 08:14:47 PM

The more QBs that go before we pick, the more non-QB choices we got when we pick... a good thing...

swamp_bats

Starter
#29 : March 03, 2013, 08:16:22 PM

I have said this in many threads so I may as well put it here too. Matt Barkley will by far be the best Q.B. to come out of this draft. Someone will be smart enough to grab him in first round. He will be multi time pro-bowler on a west coast offensive team. The coaching staff at USC is god awful, don't hold that against Barkley. Outside of Barkley only other Q.B.s worth a darn are Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray. Here's hoping we get Bray in round 4.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL NETWORK SPECIAL ON MATT BARKLEY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools