Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young People Today! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
: March 03, 2013, 12:51:42 PM

A touching story of true sportsmanship.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 03, 2013, 02:08:56 PM

I had seen this one - good to see it posted here.  Thanks Durango

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 03, 2013, 02:37:19 PM

There are exceptions of course, but I am impressed by most kids I am around today. They seem less interested in some of the things that got many from my generation in trouble and generally more considerate. Again, many exceptions in fact my experience maybe the exception and not the rule.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 03, 2013, 02:50:59 PM

There are exceptions of course, but I am impressed by most kids I am around today. They seem less interested in some of the things that got many from my generation in trouble and generally more considerate. Again, many exceptions in fact my experience maybe the exception and not the rule.

I could not possibly agree, more!

I am involved w/ my local high school football and basketball teams. I am more emotionally invested in them than any other sport at any other level. I know all the guys on the basketball
team and  probably about 75% of the guys on the football team. What a great bunch of kids! Respectful, dedicated and hardworking. I cannot tell you how rewarding it is for me to be around
these young people. They are far superior to the kids of my generation when I was their age.

Nothing is my rewarding for me then a friday night football game or any of the basketball games during the week. I have to bite my tongue when people talk about "the kids today". Sure there are always
bad apples and there always will be. But my experience w/ the kids at the high school level today has been eye opening. There are a lot of good kids out there.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 04, 2013, 11:53:11 AM

I am more emotionally invested in them than any other sport at any other level.

in before deletion

Oracle

Starter

#5 : March 04, 2013, 12:04:12 PM

One of those exceptions must have been the kid who robbed you at gun point.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 04, 2013, 12:26:39 PM

One of those exceptions must have been the kid who robbed you at gun point.

Although that was years ago, I agree, but I would add he's also not a kid "I am around," which was the qualifier.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 04, 2013, 01:05:01 PM

Great vid....thanks, OP.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 04, 2013, 07:48:16 PM

I had seen this one - good to see it posted here.  Thanks Durango

Glad you enjoyed it, Dave. It's refreshing to see something positive about our young people.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 04, 2013, 07:48:49 PM

Great vid....thanks, OP.

;)

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 04, 2013, 07:53:12 PM

I am more emotionally invested in them than any other sport at any other level.

in before deletion

You called it, Olaf.

Only a complete scumbag, low life, loser would troll a story like this.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 04, 2013, 08:19:21 PM

troll on troll crime, nothing is sacred. I am not sure any thread can exist in the Cove without all the nonsense

Oracle

Starter

#12 : March 04, 2013, 10:42:31 PM

Great vid....thanks, OP.

;)

What would have been even better is if it was a tie game and that kid threw the ball to him letting him score the winning basket. 

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 04, 2013, 11:15:33 PM

Great vid....thanks, OP.

;)

What would have been even better is if it was a tie game and that kid threw the ball to him letting him score the winning basket.

This may not exactly fit your description, but it's as equally moving as the first clip. Except this kid is a phenomenal shooter.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 05, 2013, 11:57:25 AM

troll on troll crime, nothing is sacred. I am not sure any thread can exist in the Cove without all the nonsense

Really?  lol
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young People Today! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools