Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Bucs game you have ever seen « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#90 : March 04, 2013, 11:30:24 PM

I'll point out a couple more that are on my list -

2007 against the Falcons at home - Run Michael Run, the ultimate curse was broken...

'94 (? I believe ?) against the Lions at home - Vernon Turner takes a punt to the house...  Didn't celebrate for a full minute after the score while I scanned the field for flags.  I will always remember the name George Stewart because of this game.

1999 Divisional Game against the Redskins - Awesome defense, Mike Alstott on 4th down, Lynch intercepting then spiking the ball in front of the Bucs offense, just an amazing intense game that never should have been that close.  I still to this day think Mitchell stepped out of bounds on that return, but hey - it made for a thrilling finish.

Oracle

Starter

#91 : March 05, 2013, 08:47:28 AM

'94 (? I believe ?) against the Lions at home - Vernon Turner takes a punt to the house...  Didn't celebrate for a full minute after the score while I scanned the field for flags.  I will always remember the name George Stewart because of this game.

Dude, you are a true fan.   I don't know the year, but I remember that play.  Great memory!   We had seats about 30 rows up on the 40 yard line west side.   That run started out right in front of us and when he made his first cut, we had the clearest view of that possible.    That was a heck of a return.

BUCPOWER.COM

Second String

#92 : March 05, 2013, 10:13:28 AM

http://www.bucpower.com/1994game5.html

The game in question with the video of the Vernon Turner punt return touchdown included.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#93 : March 05, 2013, 10:55:05 AM

The game against Philly, before our Super Bowl, with a Barber interception and we won.  We'd lost so many games with Philly so this one was very very sweet to me and a great game to watch....

moose40

Hall of Famer
#94 : March 05, 2013, 11:08:54 AM

One game that sticks out in my head was the start to the season after the super bowl. I don't know if I remember correctly, but i believe it was one of the first times that a super bowl champ had to play on the road to start the following season. I thought there was some real disrespect there, just because the NFL wanted to show off Philly's new stadium, and with Sly giving the pregame speech, having the Bucs beat the Eagles in that scenario was pretty cool.

Oracle

Starter

#95 : March 05, 2013, 07:13:35 PM

http://www.bucpower.com/1994game5.html

The game in question with the video of the Vernon Turner punt return touchdown included.

Great video!

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#96 : March 05, 2013, 09:18:56 PM

One game that sticks out in my head was the start to the season after the super bowl. I don't know if I remember correctly, but i believe it was one of the first times that a super bowl champ had to play on the road to start the following season. I thought there was some real disrespect there, just because the NFL wanted to show off Philly's new stadium, and with Sly giving the pregame speech, having the Bucs beat the Eagles in that scenario was pretty cool.

That is what I consider the high water mark for this frachise.  We were defending champs who looked ripe to repeat.  We Just humiliated our biggest enemy in two consecutive games, closing one cess pool and ruining the grand opening of another.  When Madden held his hand over his head and said "the Buccaneers are up here... and the rest of the league is down here..."  I had chills.

It was sickening that we had to open on the road, and I am still waiting for our invite to the White House.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#97 : March 05, 2013, 09:29:04 PM

Dude, you are a true fan.   I don't know the year, but I remember that play.  Great memory!   We had seats about 30 rows up on the 40 yard line west side.   That run started out right in front of us and when he made his first cut, we had the clearest view of that possible.    That was a heck of a return.

Thanks, it was a great moment.  He ran right to our endzone.  On both his and Spurlock's returns, we were jst numb and silent for a while before we joined the celebration.  Good times.

Oracle

Starter

#98 : March 05, 2013, 09:55:27 PM

One of my favorite memories just because it was funny was back when the Bucs had Alvin Harper.    This guy and his teenage son were seated in front of us and complaining that the Bucs weren't getting the ball to Harper.   We mentioned to them that Harper wasn't getting open, so it's good they weren't throwing to him.    Then one play, the kid stands up yelling "throw it to Harper, he's open, he's open!!!  Dad, he was wide open on that play!".    Then his dad tells him, "yes son, the reason he was open is it was a running play and he was supposed to be blocking but missed his block and his guy tackled our running back for a loss".

classic Harper story.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Bucs game you have ever seen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools