Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What does Flacco's deal mean for Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#45 : March 06, 2013, 02:44:40 PM

I agree with you Trojan. If evans makes that catch baltimore could very well be back to back champs. But i don't like to get into this "what if" stuff. The torch has passed the offense is what does the heavy lifting for the team. This isn't your traditional ravens team led by suffocating defense. At best their D was above average the last year or two
They were pretty damn good in 2011 but I agree 100% with 2012.
We hear who if it wasn't for the D the Ravens wouldn't have done anything, Joe owes his ring to Ray, blah, blah, blah.
Truth is their offense actually had a better ranking for both points & yards, their offense scored at least 24 points in all 4 postseason games and they needed to because the D allowed 31 or more twice

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#46 : March 06, 2013, 09:31:49 PM

Three things Freeman has done that Flacco still hasn't. 4,000 yards passing, 27 TDs, single digit interceptions 6

Also, the Bucs' offense was 13th overall but Freeman was the 9th ranked QB. Team rushing yardage was 15th.

Odds are he will improve his ranking in 2013 despite what some here would rather see.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#47 : March 06, 2013, 10:25:54 PM

Three things Freeman has done that Flacco still hasn't. 4,000 yards passing, 27 TDs, single digit interceptions 6

Also, the Bucs' offense was 13th overall but Freeman was the 9th ranked QB. Team rushing yardage was 15th.

Odds are he will improve his ranking in 2013 despite what some here would rather see.
Wait, you're honestly going to bring INTs into this, okay lets do that.
Sure Flacco may not haver ever had single digits in a season but on the other hand he'd never had more than 12 in a year, Josh has managed 18, 22, 17.
In 3.5 seasons Josh has 63 of them, Joe has 56 in 5 full seasons.
I'm not sure how exactly Josh is the winner in the battle of INTs.

As far as yards go, Troy Aikman never went above 3500 yards and never had 25 TDs, I guess Josh is better than him too.
Let's complete the diss and mention how Troy also had a great defense and ground game.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#48 : March 06, 2013, 11:36:39 PM

Sure Flacco may not haver ever had single digits in a season but on the other hand he'd never had more than 12 in a year, Josh has managed 18, 22, 17.

As far as yards go, Troy Aikman never went above 3500 yards and never had 25 TDs, I guess Josh is better than him too.
Let's complete the diss and mention how Troy also had a great defense and ground game.

Aren't you one of the guys saying 4,000 yards is a snap in today's game? Same deal with 27 passing TDs? Everybody is doing it, right? Everybody except Flacco, it appears.

The Bucs as a team are getting better. The Ravens are aging. I like our future better. Whether you will admit it or not, it's not all on the QB. Proper coaching and a balanced team play their part.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#49 : March 07, 2013, 06:36:18 AM

Aren't you one of the guys saying 4,000 yards is a snap in today's game? Same deal with 27 passing TDs? Everybody is doing it, right? Everybody except Flacco, it appears.

The Bucs as a team are getting better. The Ravens are aging. I like our future better. Whether you will admit it or not, it's not all on the QB. Proper coaching and a balanced team play their part.
No I'm not saying it's a snap, I'm saying it's easier if that is what is required of the QB, being as we are losing more than we are winning Josh gets far more garbage time stats trying to dig his way out of the hole he helped put the team in while Joe gets to hand the ball off so theRavens can run the clock out thanks to him helping them win..
Also lets not act like Josh blasted past 4000 yards & had a year for the ages, he was over by just 65 yards.
Which QB had more yards the in each of the 2 previous seasons? Oh, right it was Joe.
Plus there is a little thing called a schedule, I'm sure it didn't help josh to be facing the worst defense in the history of the league TWICE, oh wait he stank against them in one of the games.
The teams Flaccos faced had a better average pass D ranking than Josh, it's all great to just look at the numbers and say Josh had better stats but it doesn't tell the full story.
I mean the average ranking of the 3 other NFC South for pass D is 25th while AFC North was 16th, the worst AFCN team was 19th the best NFCS was 17th, I'm sure things like that don't alter stats at all.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#50 : March 07, 2013, 10:04:25 AM

As far as i know the franchise tag is based on the top 5 saleries at the position, in this case QB, which Freeman and Flacco play.
Since we will have to make a decision about Freeman's future next year or lets say the future of the TEAM; our ONLY option to keep him for sure being a franchise tag, Flacco contract has a big influence on us and Freeman.

Anyway, to everyone saying you can not compare Freeman and Flacco, you also can not compare Flacco of 2011 to the one of 2012. When Flacco now is worth $20mio then he was worth $20 mio last year aswell. His run in 2012 proves this, easily.  Or do you really believe it would have been smart to let Flacco walk last year, if his contract would have ended last year? Think about last year and how you would have reacted to guys telling you how Flacco almost won a SB last year, had his WR no dropped the sure TD; how this mediocre QB carried by a good defense, a great RB and sure handed WRs is worth such a big contract. Funny how this is almost a given today, and how the ravens almost crashed at DEN, if not for a blown coverage by the broncos DB this year.

At there is the problem in the evalutation process. You need to look at the FUTURE, do not live in the past. A contract is NOT about rewarding the past. Waiting until there is no more doubt about someones greatness will most likely getting you handcuffed, just allowing you to REACT, rather than ACT. But if you are so sure about someones suckiness, then trade him, do not wait for a miracle ....never going to happen aynway.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 07, 2013, 10:18:16 AM

nothing.
flacco has been in the playoffs every year. Won a superbowl, had a few afc championship games and freeman has had 1 winning season and hasnt had a sniff of the playoffs. Flaccos contract isnt close to what freeman will get.

How much of that is Flacco's ability and how much was the ravens d and ray rice?
Flacco clearly had a role in winning and I'm not taking anything away from his overall body of work but he has been on some good teams. Lets be realistic and identify that our team has not been very good. We're now on the brink

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#52 : March 07, 2013, 01:10:58 PM

nothing.
flacco has been in the playoffs every year. Won a superbowl, had a few afc championship games and freeman has had 1 winning season and hasnt had a sniff of the playoffs. Flaccos contract isnt close to what freeman will get.

How much of that is Flacco's ability and how much was the ravens d and ray rice?
Flacco clearly had a role in winning and I'm not taking anything away from his overall body of work but he has been on some good teams. Lets be realistic and identify that our team has not been very good. We're now on the brink

Let me clarify the rules here for you. The Bucs are only bad because Josh Freeman is the QB here. The Ravens are only great because Flacco is the QB there. The teams have absolutely nothing to do with it. Neither do the coaches. Also, the Browns, Bengals, and the Steelers, are all superior competition as opposed to the fowlgoons, Saints, and Panthers. Got it? Me neither.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 07, 2013, 01:31:58 PM

Drama Queen.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#54 : March 07, 2013, 05:26:42 PM

Flacco absolutely deserves a ton of credit for the Ravens winning the Super Bowl, but it's rewriting history if anyone says (the majority of) people would batted an eye if they went a different direction before 2012.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What does Flacco's deal mean for Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools