Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glen Dorsey to hit free agency « previous next »
Page: 1

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: March 05, 2013, 08:30:19 AM

I've liked this guy for a while. He's a good person, definitely a buccaneer man, and is extremely undervalued because he's been playing out of position on the Chiefs 3-4 defense. I'd like to kick the tires on this guy and take a look at him as our nose to play along side McCoy.

Don't get me wrong, he's done a whole lot of nothing since entering this league but he's also played head up on the center and 5 technique. Neither of which are suited to his talents. I remember him as a quick twitch, penetrating player similar to McCoy but with more strength.

Here's a highlight video to remind everyone of this young man.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 05, 2013, 08:38:00 AM

I've liked him for a long time too, but I'm not sure he fits. We need a nose tackle and he is an under tackle. We also need depth at under tackle, in case McCoy is injured again...but Dorsey will be far to expensive to sign as a back up. So if we signed him, either he or McCoy is starting out of position at nose tackle. Could work, but it just doesn't seem like a good fit.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 05, 2013, 08:40:42 AM

Realy the better question is if we won't pay Miller's FA price, wihch can't be that high, why would we pay anyone's FA price? Dorsey is no more a pass rusher than Miller is based on his 4 sacks in 5 years.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 05, 2013, 08:57:25 AM

He's just a name.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 05, 2013, 09:24:20 AM

did he ever fully recover from his knee injury at LSU?

i agree he's just a name...but most guys we talk about in FA also are.  its easier for the average fan.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 05, 2013, 09:58:16 AM

If the Bucs don't re-sign Roy Miller then Dorsey could be a good option to put into the rotation on the DL. He fits better in a 4-3 scheme than in the 3-4 that he's been utilized in at KC.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#6 : March 05, 2013, 10:28:49 AM

Amobi Okoye was a name at one point, too.  We signed him cheaply.  It didn't work out, no big loss.  Dorsey could be the same.  He hasn't produced in a 3-4, and is an unknown commodity in a 4-3.  I don't think his high draft position will cause GM's to overpay.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 05, 2013, 10:52:07 AM

Realy the better question is if we won't pay Miller's FA price, wihch can't be that high, why would we pay anyone's FA price? Dorsey is no more a pass rusher than Miller is based on his 4 sacks in 5 years.

He's been often injured so I do think he would be cheaper than expected. He has put up nothing as far as production, again I do think he would be cheap to sign. I think the talent is there. I'm weary of the 4 sacks in 5 years thing because the positions he was playing were to eat up blockers, not sack the QB.

He is more of a 3 than a 1 technique but I think he could help us if he is healthy. He could be a pass rusher from the 1 technique on passing downs and could give GMAC a rest.

I do find it unlikely that we'll sign him because he has been beyond "under the radar" but I think he fits our 4-3 penetrating scheme better.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 05, 2013, 11:07:26 AM

He's been often injured so I do think he would be cheaper than expected. He has put up nothing as far as production, again I do think he would be cheap to sign. I think the talent is there. I'm weary of the 4 sacks in 5 years thing because the positions he was playing were to eat up blockers, not sack the QB.

He is more of a 3 than a 1 technique but I think he could help us if he is healthy. He could be a pass rusher from the 1 technique on passing downs and could give GMAC a rest.

I do find it unlikely that we'll sign him because he has been beyond "under the radar" but I think he fits our 4-3 penetrating scheme better.
Wallace Gilberry put up 7 sacks a couple years ago playing on the same line as Dorsey. The reason Dorsey doesn't have any sacks is because his burst is gone and never coming back, not because of scheme limitations. He's no longer the player people used to think he was.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 05, 2013, 11:16:30 AM

IMO the Bucs need quality depth on the DL. Miller and Bennett have probably been given the chance to test the market. Both will likely return. Similar to what Ronde did several years ago. This FA period is all about cat and mouse with agents. Dominik seems to have a pretty good working relationships with agents. We will see in about 7 days what the Bucs are planning. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glen Dorsey to hit free agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools