Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS COULD ADD DL DEPTH: FIVE POTENTIAL FREE AGENT TARGETS « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: March 05, 2013, 09:44:20 AM

With free agency just one week away the Tampa Bay front office and coaching staff are busy scouting potential free agents to target on March 12 to help improve the Buccaneers. In this feature, PewterReport.com lists five defensive linemen who are unrestricted free agents that the Buccaneers may consider signing.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8773:&Itemid=15

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 05, 2013, 10:04:52 AM

I'd be happy with any of the 5 Mark. Add Glenn Dorsey to that list if KC doesn't sign before FA starts. The past 2 years the Bucs have lacked depth at DE and DT and when injuries to McCoy and Clayborn occurred the DL suffered mightily.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 05, 2013, 10:25:16 AM

No DTs? I'd like to see us sign Sammie Lee Hill

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#3 : March 05, 2013, 10:38:03 AM

IMO none of those 5 is going to be worth the money they receive.  Osi, Freeney, Abraham are over the hill and will sign for one of 2 reasons, chance to win a ring or one last big paycheck.  Since we're not considered a contender, that means we would have to overpay for their services.  Avril underperformed in his contract year, but will still demand a pretty penny due to previous production.  Kruger finished the year well, but he is a 3-4 guy who might no be as good in a different scheme.

+1 on Sammie Lee Hill, though.  He's a NT who can also break down a pocket.  He doesn't get sacks, but he does cause a lot of disruption.  I also don't think his run defense is a huge dropoff from Miller.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#4 : March 05, 2013, 10:45:25 AM

Please make links clickable on the mobile site.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 05, 2013, 11:10:06 AM

No DTs? I'd like to see us sign Sammie Lee Hill

Agreed.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 05, 2013, 11:25:59 AM

I'd be interested to see how Kruger has performed as a DE vs a stand up LB. The article stated he played both. Would be interesting to get some insight on if he performed well as a DE, or did he do his damage as a LB.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 05, 2013, 11:50:36 AM

Kruger interests me out of the bunch, Avril is 'how should I say' probably not on the extra value menu. Isn't Osi the guy that drinks his own urine prior to a game (Lol if I'm mistaking him for someone else), anyways, kudos to him for marrying Mrs. Universe (2011), wouldn't mind seeing if we can kick the tires and get a few more miles on Osi.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 05, 2013, 11:55:12 AM

Kruger played RDE at Utah State and was pretty good at it...   Well enough to get him into the second round. (also was a QB in HS)

I don't think the Ravens let him go - but he'd definitely be a good pickup as a DE.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 05, 2013, 11:59:40 AM

belay my last...

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/256880/ravens-expect-2012-sack-leader-kruger-to-walk

ESPN's Ed Werder reported on SportsCenter Tuesday that the Ravens don't expect to re-sign free agent Paul Kruger.
Kruger is going to get paid like a premier NFL pass rusher, and GM Ozzie Newsome doesn't see him as that. "The Ravens have pretty much resigned themselves to the likelihood that he's going to play for another team," Werder reported. "And they drafted Courtney Upshaw last year to play that same position." Expect the Browns and Colts to show initial interest in Kruger.

What's he worth?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 05, 2013, 12:01:08 PM

what does kruger do that clayborn doesnt?  that bennett doesnt?  that bowers isnt expected to do?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 05, 2013, 12:07:38 PM

Kruger interests me out of the bunch, Avril is 'how should I say' probably not on the extra value menu. Isn't Osi the guy that drinks his own urine prior to a game (Lol if I'm mistaking him for someone else), anyways, kudos to him for marrying Mrs. Universe (2011), wouldn't mind seeing if we can kick the tires and get a few more miles on Osi.

....He's a pee-pee drinker?

Dude, that's gros.... (vomit).... Hold on... (some more).... be right with you...

Seriously though. By drinking your own urine, maybe it opens up some type of muiti dimentional vortex where Ms universes pop out and want to bang you?

You go first to find out lol.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 05, 2013, 12:19:04 PM

Sammie Lee Hill should be on that list.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 05, 2013, 01:10:30 PM

Weird that no DTs are on he list. I don't get that at all.

As far as who is listed, Krueger and Freeney are interesting... He others, not so much.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 05, 2013, 01:12:09 PM

what does kruger do that clayborn doesnt?  that bennett doesnt?  that bowers isnt expected to do?

That hes been able to stay healthy. Those other guys get hurt every season it seems. I keep asking, are we betting on these guys to stay healthy again? If so we may find ourselves in the very same position as last season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS COULD ADD DL DEPTH: FIVE POTENTIAL FREE AGENT TARGETS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools