Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucko40's Pre Free Agency wish lists « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

: March 05, 2013, 12:45:42 PM

This will probably be my one Mock/Wish List this year.  But here goes. If the cosmic football universe aligns just right then the Buccaneers could possibly get this bundle of players.

Re-sign Roy Miller and Ronde Barber.

Free Agents
Safety Kenny Phillips
CB- Sean Smith
CB Keenan Lewis
DE John Abraham
QB David Garrad

Draft.
1st - OLB Jarvis Jones - Georgia
2nd - TE Zach Ertz - Stanford
3rd - G/C Travis Frederick - Wisconsin
4th - S Bacarri  Rambo - Georgia
4th - DT Everett Dawkins- Florida State
5th - QB Landry Jones - Oklahoma
6th - CB - Marc Anthony - Cal
7th - OT- Terron Armstead- Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Out of this draft class you would have 2 immediate starters in Jarvis Jones and Zach Ertz. A potential starter at Center in Travis Frederick. (our OL coach is from Wisconsin). Frederick can also play all the interior positions. Everyone is going to rip me for the Landry Jones pick but the Bucs have been scouting him heavily since 2010 when McCoy was drafted. For better or worse I think he's a Buccaneer on day 3 of the draft.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 05, 2013, 12:58:05 PM

I'll spare you my personal opinions of the players involved and merely bring up I'm pretty sure Kenny Phillips is exclusively a strong safety. There's really nowhere for him to fit with Mark Barron.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 05, 2013, 01:02:04 PM

You said......Rambo........hehehe.....

Not the worst list ever, Stu.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 05, 2013, 02:50:45 PM

I'll spare you my personal opinions of the players involved and merely bring up I'm pretty sure Kenny Phillips is exclusively a strong safety. There's really nowhere for him to fit with Mark Barron.

I'll refer that to the coaches. Sullivan and Sheridan know him. With 2 knee surgeries Philips could easily make the move to Free Safety and be a affordable option. Barron was limited in what he does best last year because of the poor corner play.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 05, 2013, 02:55:51 PM

Landry Jones has all the tools to be a great QB, but his one issue is not correctable by coaching. He feels phantom pressure and is gun shy.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 05, 2013, 02:56:47 PM

I'll refer that to the coaches. Sullivan and Sheridan know him. With 2 knee surgeries Philips could easily make the move to Free Safety and be a affordable option. Barron was limited in what he does best last year because of the poor corner play.
Phillips is officially listed at 6' 2" 217 lbs, which is BIGGER than Barron, and teams pretty much always play their smaller player at free safety, and we should all know Barron ain't no free safety.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 05, 2013, 03:00:00 PM

Landry Jones has all the tools to be a great QB, but his one issue is not correctable by coaching. He feels phantom pressure and is gun shy.

The guy has a career 65.8% completion percentage. That was better than Freeman was in college against better competition.  Just saying. I'm not saying he should replace Freeman. But the Bucs better have a fallback if Josh doesn't turn into the Franchise QB they seem to think he can be.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 05, 2013, 03:00:46 PM

Ertz is getting allot of bad press lately from scouts and GM's I'll pass on him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 05, 2013, 03:03:46 PM

The guy has a career 65.8% completion percentage. That was better than Freeman was in college against better competition.  Just saying. I'm not saying he should replace Freeman. But the Bucs better have a fallback if Josh doesn't turn into the Franchise QB they seem to think he can be.
Tim Tebow had a 66.4% completion percentage in college. College stats mean nothing.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 05, 2013, 03:05:41 PM

Ertz is getting allot of bad press lately from scouts and GM's I'll pass on him.
one year starter with 69 receptions for 900 yards and 6 Td's. Unless the Bucs go Free agent shopping, a TE in the draft has to be a possibility. I doubt they pull the trigger at #13 on Eifert.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 05, 2013, 03:27:55 PM

ertz's bad press is coming from his blocking, rigth?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 05, 2013, 03:35:36 PM

ertz's bad press is coming from his blocking, rigth?

yes. hes a dynamite passcatcher but a very average blocker. i also think some of it is a smokescreen. people didnt start having problems with his blocking until recently. typical predraft BS being spouted by teams who want to get him later on than they should

Psych

Starter

#12 : March 05, 2013, 03:52:55 PM

Im not a fan of your strategy. Also, Terron Armstead is a 3rd round prospect.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 05, 2013, 08:22:25 PM

Im not a fan of your strategy. Also, Terron Armstead is a 3rd round prospect.

Small school kids have a tendency to drop. He's a raw developmental talent.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucko40's Pre Free Agency wish lists « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools