Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson Highlights « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 05, 2013, 09:02:41 PM

Haha, maybe that was a little extreme.

All of that you said there is completely fair and you can make a good argument out of it as to why Freeman may not be the man for Tampa. With that being said, and this is what I've been trying to say, it is a highlight reel. That video you posted was one of great, positive plays that Freeman made this past year; nothing more, nothing less. For you to say, well he just got lucky even on his good stuff is being like Java. As I said though, your argument about him being inconsistent is very valid and worth talking about.

Well I didn't say it was all luck. He had some nice throws for sure. That TD throw to VJax vs. the Panthers was probably the best throw of Freeman's career. I just think his inaccuracy shows up in many of those highlight throws. There are several, especially to Mike Williams, where the ball is just awful and should be intercepted....but because of poor defense and amazing effort by Williams, the catch is made. There are also quite a few highlights that would have been bigger if he hit's them in stride, but because it is a poorly placed throw it is a 30 yard reception instead of a 50 yard TD. There is a lot of stuff I just don't like to see after four years. Things that will almost certainly never change if they haven't by now.

Bottom line for me, Freeman doesn't have the pocket presence, accuracy, or decision making to sit in the pocket like a statue. He has to get back to using his size and mobility to extend plays and at least make the defense consider the threat of him running....or he will continue to be an erratic unreliable QB.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 05, 2013, 09:04:09 PM

Great FA pickup..Really made Mike better as well. Looking forward to more of that next year. Mike will get his highlight video, he has some of the best body control in air I have ever seen.

Thanks for posting!
Your right about Mike's body control its right up there with Randy Moss and Cris Carter.

I love me some Mike Will but lets not get outta hand!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#17 : March 05, 2013, 09:04:56 PM

J Dub:  You and I watch the same games and the same tapes.  You deduce that the future with Free is dim.  I see some brightness.  Perhaps I focus too much on the good plays.

The point is Free seems to need time to view the field and pick out his receivers, none of whom are burners but are very good in out-jumping the DB.

Free now has Nicks and Joseph coming back and with good luck the Bucs will get RTs,Loadholt in FA (1st choicer) or Johnson in the 1st round.

This would give him the extra time he needs to find his receivers and be more accurate.

If he has a solid line in front of him and there are not good results, then I will acknowledge that yours is the correct viewpoint.

As an example, Flacco was not great until Balt shuffled thier OL and put McKinney in at LT.  Then, with a rock solid OL,  Flacco blossomed and the rest is history.  I think Free and Flacco are a lot alike.

Lets see if we can field a rock solid OL for this year.  I know deep in your heart you want the Bucs to do well.
: March 05, 2013, 09:06:53 PM ISLAND BUCS

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 05, 2013, 09:13:37 PM

Island - there are a 1000 QB's who can find the right guy and make the throw with no pressure.  there are only a few that can manipulate the pocket and make the right throw with a defender in the face.  the problem is i dont think its realistic to expect no pressure the majority of the time.

flacco is the same QB he's always been...as evidenced by rahim moore.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 05, 2013, 09:22:18 PM

I've watched all 16 games on NFL Rewind at least 3 or 4 times. I always hope I'll feel better about Freeman, but I usually just feel worse about him.

Watching us light it up for 5 weeks against the leagues worst teams is fun and makes me feel warm all over, but watching us go 1-5 down the stretch to end the season and kill our playoff hopes is a much different feeling. People try to blame the defense and blah blah blah, but watching Freeman in that 5 game stretch at the end of the year is gut wrenching. He was disgustingly horrible. That is what sticks in my mind.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 05, 2013, 09:24:35 PM

I've watched all 16 games on NFL Rewind at least 3 or 4 times. I always hope I'll feel better about Freeman, but I usually just feel worse about him.

Watching us light it up for 5 weeks against the leagues worst teams is fun and makes me feel warm all over, but watching us go 1-5 down the stretch to end the season and kill our playoff hopes is a much different feeling. People try to blame the defense and blah blah blah, but watching Freeman in that 5 game stretch at the end of the year is gut wrenching. He was disgustingly horrible. That is what sticks in my mind.

His 10 ints in December were the sole responsibility of our crappy secondary. How could you not see that??   :o

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#21 : March 05, 2013, 10:00:50 PM

Gametime:  If Balt had lost Yanda and O.K., their 2 starting guards, it is hard to believe Flacco would have played as well as he did.

Some QBs are little effected by pressure.  Free and Flacco loss a lot of effectiveness with pressure. 

It is what it is.   If your QB needs protection, then the sensible thing to do, is to provide it,

Free can win with just a little more time. Just a second more.

And not every QB has the size and arm strength that Free has. My position is Free can win with a good OL in front of him.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#22 : March 05, 2013, 10:09:39 PM

J Dub: You are right, some of those losses were tough to take.  Free seemed to suffer from diminishing confidence during that bad spell.

I took an upturn with the Atlanta  victory in which neither team had anything to gain.

It seems very clear to me that if Free has an above average OL, he will blossom.  His confidence will rise and his accuracy will increase, and the amount of points scored by the offense will increase.

If he gets an above average OL and still struggles---you are clearly correct

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 05, 2013, 10:16:12 PM

Jackson had career numbers in receptions and yards in his first year with Freeman, got to believe Free gets better with a year under his belt in this system. Don't think it's crazy to think a top 5 offense is a real possibility.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 05, 2013, 10:48:10 PM

Seen this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20O5gtEM_Zo

Freepologists will say he looks great. To me it just shows how his stats were elevated by amazing effort from the WRs to make his bad passes go for a lot of yardage and TDs.

I do recall you being a Freepologists for a long time. I believe you argued with me in the past about Freeman and I was saying the same stuff your saying now.

MK91

Rookie

#25 : March 05, 2013, 10:52:51 PM

Last play in sucked though. He makes that last yard I think we beat the Saints that game.

Yea, I think we got a FG out of that if my memory is correct. Can't believe he got caught.

I'm pretty sure we ran 4 straight hand-offs to Blount and failed to score.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 05, 2013, 10:55:56 PM

I just really want to see Freeman's second year in this offense because as I've posted before, this type of passing game that relies so heavily on sight adjustments and option routes, is potentially unstoppable if there is a strong relationship between the QB and receivers. There is an option for every coverage presented and if the QB and the receiver make the right read, it's game over.

I have been to a few coaching clinics, and one of the main things every coach talks about is the importance of continuity within an organization. Every coach has a slightly different way of teaching things and it throws guys off when they have to keep learning new ways of doing things.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 05, 2013, 10:58:11 PM

Seen this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20O5gtEM_Zo

Freepologists will say he looks great. To me it just shows how his stats were elevated by amazing effort from the WRs to make his bad passes go for a lot of yardage and TDs.

I do recall you being a Freepologists for a long time. I believe you argued with me in the past about Freeman and I was saying the same stuff your saying now.

And? I woke up.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 06, 2013, 07:56:07 AM

Gametime:  If Balt had lost Yanda and O.K., their 2 starting guards, it is hard to believe Flacco would have played as well as he did.

Some QBs are little effected by pressure.  Free and Flacco loss a lot of effectiveness with pressure. 

It is what it is.   If your QB needs protection, then the sensible thing to do, is to provide it,

Free can win with just a little more time. Just a second more.

And not every QB has the size and arm strength that Free has. My position is Free can win with a good OL in front of him.

This post is inaccurate. Now the Eagles had problems with their OL. M. Vick was running for his life just about every play. Chicago OL gets J. Cutler hit often. Even without our two starting guards neither was the case for Freeman. Fans keep on blaming the OL and they haven't been as bad as fans make them out. I said in another thread that the only thing that can help Freeman is Freeman. He has a running game, two WRs who could be a number one on another team and a decent OL. Over the past years I saw Freeman sitting in the pocket more than I see him scramming on a broken play. Freeman has all the physical tools but he needs to tune up on the mental side.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 06, 2013, 08:12:59 AM

50% of the throws on that highlight video were horrible throws that turned into big gains and/or TDs due to amazing effort by Jackson and Williams. Sorry you can't see that.

Half the footage is against the worst defenses in the league also, but I'm sure that doesn't matter either.

I'll start working on a 2012 Freeman lowlights video. It might take me a month or so (lot of footage) but it'll be worth it just to read all the excuses posted by the freepologists.

50% of his INT's were wrong routes by the WR. Freepologist is a cute little word that is used a lot around here. Freebasher should be another one.

I see the same things that everyone else here sees. When I watch the highlight video I see a QB with amazing potential that apparently never got coached very well on being a NFL QB. Freeman was inconsistent and missed some fairly easy throws at big points in games. He also made some very big throws at big points in games. Schiano is doing exactly the right thing here. Let him play out his last year and see what happens. I don't think anyone will be complaining if Freeman re-breaks all the passing records he broke this year and we have to pay the man.

I'm just shocked that Freeman broke so many records and still fans around here want to fire him. It's unbelieveable, we want to cut the best QB in our franchise history because he couldn't run the clock out in every situation and our defense gave him little to no help all year. Last time I checked, the great drew brees had the same record as us and the great Aaron Rogers wasn't much better. Guess defenses do matter a little bit, huh Freebashers?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson Highlights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools