Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the best available free agent in the NFC South ? « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 06, 2013, 12:00:45 AM

Top 10 NFC South free agents

March, 5, 2013

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

Were a week away from the start of free agency, so lets rank the divisions top 10 free agents.

Were talking only true unrestricted free agents with expiring contracts and not guys that already have been released (like Michael Turner last week).

AP Photo/Scott Boehm
Brent Grimes missed most of last season with an Achilles injury but he's still expected to be a hot free agent.

1. Brent Grimes, cornerback, Falcons. Grimes No. 1 ranking comes partly because hes good and partly because cornerback is a premium position. Even though hes coming off a major injury, hes going to get paid big money by Atlanta or some other team.

2. Michael Bennett, defensive end, Buccaneers. Hes an all-around defensive end who has just hit his prime. Im somewhat surprised the Bucs havent already locked him up.

3. William Moore, safety, Falcons. Hes coming off a Pro Bowl appearance and he and Thomas DeCoud have emerged as a nice safety tandem. The Falcons need to keep Moore.

4. Sam Baker, left tackle, Falcons. He had a solid 2012 season. He may not be great, but I dont see where the Falcons are going to find anyone better.

5. Dwan Edwards, defensive tackle, Panthers. He was a bright spot last season and the Panthers need to keep him.

6. Tony Gonzalez, tight end, Falcons. Im ranking him low because its unclear if he wants to retire. If Gonzalez decides to play, he jumps toward the top of the list.

7. Captain Munnerlyn, cornerback, Panthers. Hes undersized, but plays with a chip on his shoulder. At best, he could be a starter in the right situation. At worst, he can be a quality third corner.

8. Jermon Bushrod, left tackle, Saints. Hes been a solid player, but the Saints have cap limitations. They also prefer to pay their interior linemen big money and get by with bargains on the outside.

9. Ronde Barber, safety, Buccaneers. It remains to be seen if the Bucs want Barber back. It also remains to be seen if Barber wants to play another year. If he does, someone will sign him.

10. Roy Miller, defensive tackle, Buccaneers. The final spot came down to a choice between Miller and New Orleans defensive tackle Sedrick Ellis. A former first-round pick, Ellis has been a disappointment. Someone will sign him because there is talent there. But Id sign Miller first because you know the effort will be there.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 06, 2013, 12:44:09 AM

Ronde "Rhonda" Barber.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 06, 2013, 02:03:04 AM

I would value Bennett over Grimes.  But I have never been a huge Grimes fan.

I guess it depends on who you are, and what you are looking for, as a team.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 06, 2013, 07:37:35 AM

Ronde "Rhonda" Barber.

Of course, you mean "Randy Barber" as Mean Gene calls him...

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 06, 2013, 09:38:17 AM

Haha, Randy Barber..... a poster a while back made a thread and in the title they said misspelled his name as 'Rhonda', it'll forever be his nickname as far as I'm concerned.

Oracle

Starter

#5 : March 06, 2013, 09:42:09 AM

Rhonda would be a good name for Freeman.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the best available free agent in the NFC South ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools